Mente Argentina: International Volunteer Program in Buenos Aires
Mente Argentina participants Mente Argentina participants

Mente Argentina: International Volunteer Program in Buenos Aires

Wonderful experience

My name is Patricia, I’m from Ireland, a very small town in rural Ireland, and I came to Buenos Aires to learn some Spanish and to do a little bit of volunteer work under the wing of Mente Argentina with David, Pia, Sofia, and all of his team. I’ve had a wonderful experience, I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them, they were caring and minding me all the way and made everything very easy so I got to know the city. I love Buenos Aires, I thought it was the most beautiful city, and I will be back. My Spanish has improved even though I am now writing in English. I also had wonderful experiences visiting Salta, Jujuy, Mendoza, and Iguazú. So I certainly would like to thank Mente Argentina, they couldn’t have been better.

Great experience!

Hi, my name is Madeleine, I go to Boston College and I went to do the Mente Spanish program and also some volunteering in a hospital. My favorite part of Mente has just been the community that I’ve had since I’ve been here, getting to know the administrators and all of the students who come through Mente’s programs, it’s been incredible. There are about two organized activities a week and all of them have been fun. Last week we all had a snack together at a famous Buenos Aires café and we went to Fuerza Bruta, which is an incredible show. So I have really enjoyed the community, like my wonderful host family, they are so loving, and they have really helped me with my Spanish. Being able to travel around Argentina with the other people that I have met, having a lot of amazing adventures and exploring the city, in general, has been great.

I’m sad to leave

Hi, I’m Amanda and I am with the Mente Argentina Volunteer Program. It was a great program because my best friend from home and I wanted to come to Argentina and volunteer and practice our Spanish speaking skills. Mente was great because they set us up to work at a hospital to volunteer in were we got to practice Spanish and interact with kids and overall amazing people and through Mente we got to meet even more people, they had a lot of excursions and social activities planned for us to not feel alone here and It was just an amazing experience. I loved the people, the culture, the food, the shopping here, the subte how can you get anywhere on the subway or the bus for nothing. Our host family was awesome; they were great at finding us the perfect match. I’m sad to leave.

Hola, I am Mika from Syndey, Australia. I was with Mente Argentina for a month, and I did a volunteer program. I worked at the villas and looked after the children while the mothers got classes on cooking, nutrition, and had appointments with doctors. I really enjoyed the volunteer program, it was great to spend time with the children, and as the days past we got to grow a stronger bond. Mente Argentina was great. When I arrived in Buenos Aires, they gave me an orientation, and spoke to me about what I needed to know about the city, how to get around, and everything was great. They organized for the to stay at a student residence, in a perfect location next to buses and really nice restaurants, supermarkets. I loved the residence, all the students were great, and I make lots of friends there and we still stay in touch. I really enjoyed the Argentine culture this experience was great. Thank you Mente Argentina.

I am very happy I came through Mente

I am from Kentucky, USA, and I came to Buenos Aires through Mente Argentina because it was highly recommended by my advisors at my school, and I am super happy I did it. During the two months that I was there volunteering, they connected with me the whole way. There are always events you can go to on their Facebook website and they are always more than happy to answer all the questions that you have. I volunteered because more than anything I wanted to practice the language, Castellano and I already spoke Spanish pretty well. The volunteering program was also super awesome because I was able to work with kids and people from the outside of everyday Buenos Aires city life, so I was able to see a completely different side of the city that usually you wouldn’t be able to see. I am very happy I came through Mente; they got me through in every step of the way. I got to know multiple areas inside Buenos Aires and todos son buena onda.