TEFL Certification in Guatemala—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Guatemala—Teach in Latin America!

Great TEFL- course!

The TEFL- course has been an enriching experience. I am so surprised how much we learned in just 4 weeks time. This all thanks to our great TEFL- instructor Karen. She was the most amazing, lovely, energetic and encouraging instructor. Simply the best teacher that I ever had. The course was intense, but so rewarding. The students at Maximo Nivel were so nice and every class was truly fun. I totally recommend this course! Just go for it!

Life changer

This has been one of the best experiences of my life and it's still going.
Everyone at Maximo Nivel were not olny helpful but amazingly supportive.
I can't thank the guys at Maximo enough.
And Karen the tefl trainer is outstanding.

Great decision!

Maximo Nivel's TEFL program far exceeded my expectations. The program was super well organized and executed. I don't think I have ever learned so much in such a short period of time. Karen was an incredible instructor. She had great energy, amazing preparation, lots of love and constant support and encouragement. Karen was highly knowledgeable and exemplified all of what she was teaching us in her own teaching style. I also can't say enough about how lovely Antigua is and Guatemala as a whole. I can't wait to come back someday!

Dream come true!

It was a dream of mine to become TEFL certified and to teach abroad for seven years. It took me a very long time to finally decide to do it, and a friend of mine told me about the training she had just gone through at Maximo Nivel; she said the course was very valuable and that the instructor was amazing. So I signed up at Maximo Nivel in La Antigua, Guatemala, and she was so right! I am thankful that I chose Maximo Nivel as my training facility. The four weeks of training were incredibly valuable and taught me so much. Karen is an incredible instructor, she excels at what she does and she is passionate about it! She brought so much energy and life to the class, she made us laugh so much, and she thoroughly prepared us for our new careers! Also, I chose the best country to receive my certification! Guatemala is beautiful and there is so much you can see and do here! Antigua is so beautiful with its colonial architecture and its scenic views of the surrounding volcanoes. Thank you Maximo Nivel and staff for helping my dream come true!

One word... Awesome

Such a great experience. The environment is so awesome. I learned so much and I am already a certified teacher before I came here. You cannot beat the location or the experience. Karen is an absolutely amazing Instructor. Her energy and love for teaching is contagious. Thomas is the steady headed Director who made you feel at home and comfortable being here. You will leave here with so much knowledge and with an appreciation for the mission here...to HELP. Absolutely recommend this for those who have the fire in their heart to help others and to teach...and hey, it doesn't hurt that the pace is located in one of the most beautiful towns in the world....and in one of the beautiful countries of the world!

Fabulous experience

I really wasn't expecting such a thorough, professional, enjoyable month of learning how to become a TEFL Teacher. From the get go, Karen our TEFL instructor, guided us through every step, from simple 20-minute lessons to one week of hour long teaching. Although the course is fast paced, every minute has been thoroughly thought out to be effective, productive, manageable, and doable. I cannot say enough good things about this course, the personnel at Maximo Nivel, the students, the ESL teachers, and the administration have all been supportive, helpful, gracious, and most of all you feel part of a Global family. By-the-way, this course is not just for 20 somethings! So if you are between 19-99 years old, think about being an ESL teacher here in Antigua, Guatemala. You will not be disappointed. Paz y gozo!

Strong program, great experience

I studied at Maximo Nivel at the end of 2012 and then went on to get a Masters in TESOL. I was impressed after all of my grad school training/ theory at just how well Maximo Nivel's program holds up to best practices in the field. I look back on this experience fondly and miss beautiful Antigua and the friendships that were formed during this intensive but fun-filled month of study.

Karen Wilke is really an exceptional teacher trainer. She not only teaches you how to teach, she models it perfectly in the classroom. Paired with a strong language learning philosophy, this makes for an excellent program that I would highly recommend to anyone.

A great experience

Maximo Nivel Guatemala Is well worth your time and money. The teachers and support staff are incredible. The teachers know their craft well and will work to tailor their message to your learning style. You will learn and improve if you choose to enroll at Maximo Nivel Guatemala. The staff takes an immediate vested interest in you as they genuinely want to ensure your experience at the school is a positive one. Seriously. They care about you and do all they can to help you grow into teaching.

Excellent program

I went through the TEFL course as a hybrid student. This was the perfect option for me due to cost and time issues, and was one of the reasons I chose the program. It was great to have the flexibility of an online course, but still have the classroom experience that I needed.

Karen was a fantastic teacher and had so much energy! You can tell that she truly loves her work and her students.

Antigua itself is beyond beautiful. I began to feel at home there after just a few days. If you can, plan to spend some time there after the program.

• Course Instructor

Amazing time and amazing team!

During my TEFL course I was blessed to have met an amazing group of people. The staff at Máximo Nivel were part of that amazing group, they were always friendly and supportive. It felt nice to walk into a place where you were welcomed with a nice big smile. The best part of the course was Karen Wilke, my TEFL trainer. From day one, her energy was motivating. She was always willing and able to share her knowledge. She took the time to explain each lesson. This course would not have been the same without her. Thank you Karen and Máximo Nivel, I learned so much and as I head to work each morning I know I am a better teacher because I was trained by the best.

Incredible experience

I am not your typical TEFL-er. I am not in my 20's . I am not looking for a job to allow me to travel the world. Rather I am a retired anesthesiologist. In our community of Morristown New Jersey there is a tremendous need for someone to teach English to the many immigrants, so they can become productive citizens in their new country. Karen Wilke and Sarah were outstanding teachers. The course was packed with essential tools so that we could start teaching immediately upon completion of the course.. The key for me was that I was taught a method of teaching.and then was provided with ample opportunity to practice these techniques with actual students. A review of English Grammar was surprisingly essential!! As native speakers we give little thought to why we speak as we do. The Maximo Nivel organization provided great support and of course living for a month is Antigua, Guatemala in the winter was its own reward. Many students looking for jobs were hired on the spot I can not think of a better use for a month in your life.

• Course Instructor

Highly recommend studying in Antigua!

I never expected I would fall in love with both Antigua and teaching in such a short time. When I got to Antigua, I was surprised by how small it was and asked myself: What am I going to do here for a whole month? But here I am, more that an month later and not wanting to leave. The colourful houses, wide variety of restaurants and the volcanoes surrounding the city keep every walk interesting. The warm smiles and big hearts of the people here make you feel so welcome.
Maximo Nivel is an amazing instituut and their staff is just amazing. Within a week they knew all our names. If we ever needed something at seven in the morning or at seven at night, they would be there to greet us with a smile. Karen is an amazing and energetic teacher. She and Sarah have been full of help, ideas, inspiration and fun!
The course is very intense, but very interesting. I never expected to learn so much in only a month. These skills can be applied in every country and with every language. The week of teaching gave me an idea of how much fun teaching can be!

Absolutely amazing!

I just finished the TEFL course in Antigua Guatemala and I truly recommend it! I never thought I could learn so much in 4 weeks. The teachers and the staff here are amazing and supportive. It has been a great experience!

• Course Instructor

Best TEFL experience ever!!

From the moment I chatted on the phone with Maximo Nivel's support team I knew that I was choosing the best place for my TEFL certification. Having had visited Antigua many times before, I was sure that Guatemala was the best location for me. I can honestly say that Maximo Nivel exceeded my expectations. The teachers, Karen and Sarah are beyond helpful, extremely educated in TEFL and more than anything, they want to see their students succeed!! Also, the support staff, administration, and my wonderful classmates made my experience spectacular. I will recommend Maximo Nivel forever!

AMAZING!!

The Tefl program at Maximo Nivel Guatemala is just fantastic!

Karen my teacher was amazing, she made this whole experience go to another level. She has vast knowledge of the english language and tons of years of experience teaching. I was blessed to learn from a master.

The program is so well balanced and organized. They take you step by step to show you the methodology and give tons of opportunities to put it into practice. You get to experience live teaching, (which is the best part of the program) because that is where all the learnings sink in and make sense.

We got tons of support from our teacher, her assistant and all the Maximo Nivel staff. They were there to help us in any way they could and to see us succeed.

Living in Antigua is wonderful, its a small colonial town. Easy to move around, you can get walking everywhere. There are tons of cute stores, cafes and cool places to eat out (plus there some cool bars and clubs as well).

I truly recommend Maximo Nivel and Antigua for your Tefl certification. You will have a life changing experience, plus meet tons of cool people and make new friends.

I lived it!

I loved this program. All of the staff at Maximo Nivel are amazing individuals who care about their clientele. The teachers were also very invested in creating a fun environment that was conducive to learning. There was never a dull day. I feel that this program gave me a great foundation for teaching and the necessary tools to be successful. I am excited to begin my journey as a teacher!

Amazeballs!

This course and place exceeded all my expectations! From the amazing and helpful office staff to the TEFL trainers themselves, this experience has been fantastic.
The material was thorough and well presented. I was in a large group of trainees but we all received personalized attention when we needed it. From theory to lesson planning to practical teaching, help was available. The trainers are supportive and encouraging. I cannot say enough about the quality of the teachers.
The highlight of my experience was having a class of my own for a week. Nothing sinks those lessons home like doing! I loved my experience here in Guatemala and would recommend this school and course to anyone considering a TEFL career.

AMAZING

If you want to get TEFL certified, which you should, you need to go to Antigua Guatemala to do it! Guatemala is a beautiful country with very loving people. The teachers at Maximo Nivel are seriously so much fun and just want you to succeed. You will never feel unsafe in Guatemala because Maximo puts you in a wonderful host home. This program was the best education decision of my life and I highly recommend it!!

• Course Instructor

GET TO THE MAXIMUM LEVEL IN ANTIGUA!

Prepare to get everything you could possibly want out of a TEFL certification, in a most beautiful and colorful city with the most beautiful and colorful people. I woke up each morning in my homestay with the hilarious and kind Wendy and Paco; walked down 6ta Avenida each day to Maximo past beautiful churches and brilliantly colored homes; admired how the earth turns up to dominate the skyline, how the towering dormant Volcan Agua frames every southern view. Upon entering Maximo, every staff member -- and I mean every -- greeted me with a genuine smile and helpful attitude. Karen has such passion for what she does with us, the Knights of the TEFLar as we became, and Sarah has been an indispensable resource throughout every part of the course. I am very glad I had the opportunity to do practical teaching here, the feedback Ive received has truly helped me grow as a teacher. Colin is a fantastic manager who bends over backwards to make himself available to us as students and to promote us as teachers. I have only positive things to say about my experience here. I feel prepared and excited for the next stage of my teaching journey. Thanks guys!

The best TEFL program in Guatemala

I took TEFL in Antigua, Guatemala with Maximo Nivel and couldn't have asked for a better course. All of Maximo's staff were very friendly and helpful. They go above and beyond to help you with whatever you need. Even if that means housing or recommendations for places to eat. The course was thorough but so much fun! Also, it would have never been the same without Karen--my TEFL instructor. She is truly an amazing women. She makes TEFL fun and is ALWAYS there for help and proving resources. She has been teaching for years and has done quite a lot of travel. She is very kind, caring, funny, inspiring and now a friend for life. If you take TEFL at Maximo you will not be disappointed.

• Course Instructor

Highly recommend this program!

Maximo Nivel is organized and well run, Karen (the TEFL trainer) is an amazing teacher, and Antigua is a beautiful city with lots to do!

I would recommend this program to anyone considering getting a TEFL certification!

Texas boy goes to Guatemala

I left my job selling running shoes and jumped on a plane for Antigua Guatemala a couple of months ago. My reasons for "taking the plunge" was to learn Spanish and experience a different way of life. I chose Guatemala merely because it was close to home and the flights were cheaper. I had zero teaching experience and, to be honest, had no real dreams of becoming a teacher. I signed up for Maximo Nivel's 4 week TEFL certification in Antigua Guatemala. I was immediately impressed with the facilities. It was was well organized, clean, and safe. However, the class itself was what left the biggest impression upon me. Karen, our TEFL instructor, was very passionate about teaching us. Her enthusiasm was quite contagious. On the first day of the course I realized that I had stumbled upon something very special. Karen took us from the very basics of teaching English all the way to the end. By the end of the 4 weeks I was confident in my abilities to teach any level of English. I am so thankful to have discovered this organization. Karen is a very compassionate person and she has a keen awareness of every individuals strengths. I struggled with teaching the specifics of english grammar. Karen identified this weakness and gave me the tools and the confidence to overcome. I am currently living in Medellin Colombia and I have several options for teaching positions. Thanks To Karen and the other staff members at Maximo Nivel, I can travel the world and effectively teach English wherever I may find myself. Cheers!

Excellent course

My TEFL experience with Maximo was perfect. I would recommend it to anyone interested in studying TEFL. My teacher was remarkable and I feel lucky to have been her student. The location is safe, friendly and beautiful with all kinds of things to do in your spare time. Everyone I met involved with Maximo was extremely kind and helpful, even the students. Maximo was an excellent choice.

• Course Instructor

Amazing TEFL Program in Antigua!

I came into this program with a lot of previous teaching experience but I was still able to learn so much about myself as a teacher and teaching English as a Second Language. The program at Maximo Nivel is fun, exciting, practical, and inspiring. The trainer, Karen, is an incredible teacher and friend. Her enthusiasm has rubbed off on me! The support from other staff at Maximo Nivel is great. There is no question that you will feel loved and cared for.
The program is challenging but not overwhelming. It is fun but still serious. It takes place in an amazing city and you will definitely meet some amazing people. You'll be able to gain a lot of experience teaching classes through mini lessons and practical teaching week.
I just finished the program and I already have 2 jobs here in Antigua, so I can guarantee that you will not have a problem finding a job either!

• Course Instructor

Amazing TEFL program in Antigua!