Construction Programs—Volunteer in Peru!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Construction Programs—Volunteer in Peru!

Building a peruvian clinic

From the moment that we arrived at the construction site, the entire crew of volunteers made this such a great experience. Loved the staff at Maximo (especially Marco who is hilarious), and loved the experience in general.

Rewarding and a desire to stay longer

From mixing concrete and cement, to putting up the walls of the second floor, to the amazing team of people I had the honor to work with this experience should not be passed up. I was the more senior of the group and could probably be father to most I was welcomed in to this project for a solution to a much needed facility in a very poor part of town where those that needed the services most did not get them. The work on the OB/GYN clinic was rewarding as you could measure your progress every day. Marco is awesome and I learned several construction tips from him. Did you know that there is a difference between concrete and cement? It all in the measurements. The final day I was there we did not work on the clinic but walked up what felt like a millions steps to paint and after care facility.

I truly enjoyed this, hope to to do more, and have nothing but thanks to Maximo for checking in on us and making sure that we had the best experience possible. What an amazing group!! Miss you all!! Still following the project because a week wasn’t enough!

Construction with Marco and Maximo

If you have ever wanted to travel to a 3rd world country and make a difference in the lives of the people who live their, this is the program for you! I had so much hands on experience and got to meet so many other incredible volunteers and employees at Maximo. Marco is a great guy and very knowledgeable. Don't hesitate to participate in such a cool experience.

MAXIMO NIVEL construction program

From the moment I arrived in Cusco, I was lucky enough to meet the nicest people. I was a little nervous to go to another country alone to volunteer, but that quickly changed once I met the friendly and super helpful people at Maximo Nivel. I was greeted with a warm welcome by the staff who were eager to answer any questions I had. The wonderful people who work at Maximo not only became who we all could depend on, but they also became our friends.

Throughout my construction program, I had the pleasure of getting to know our Field Manager, named Dom, who would make frequent visits to the work site. He made sure that I was comfortable and happy with everything that I was doing in peru. I felt so lucky to have such an amazing person from Maximo to work with who was always so helpful and friendly!

Having an atmosphere that is so comfortable and positive, like the one at Maximo Nivel, makes all the difference in any situation. I came to Peru a bit nervous about what to expect, but when my final days in Cusco came, I did not want to leave. It felt like I was leaving my family!

Words cannot express how fantastic my time in Cusco was.  From the food to my host family, to all the amazing people I've met and the friendships I developed, my three weeks in Peru were ones that I will hold close to my heart.  I cannot thank Maximo Nivel enough for everything they have done for me.  I cannot wait to start my next adventure with them soon!

Cusco Kindergarten project.

This program was awesome and so rewarding. It is physically exhausting work, but the beautiful little kids running around and trying to help make it worth it knowing that this kindergarten is for them. Marco is a great Forman and really knows his stuff and all the guys on site were a lot of fun. My whole experience from booking to completion with IVHQ/ MAXIMO NIVEL has been outstanding. The support is constant and very much appreciated.

Building a Kindergarten in Cusco

I spent 3 months with Maximo Nivel building a kindergarten in an impoverished area of Cusco. Starting upon arrival to the airport, it was all a wonderful experience. They were waiting for me at the airport as soon as my flight arrived with a packet of information. They drove me to the Maximo Nivel office where I saw the space and met some of the staff, and then took me to the lodging they had arranged for me. I was staying in a great modern house with other volunteers, and a delicious breakfast and dinner was provided every day! I am a vegetarian and they always made sure to prepare me something special that still filled me up (something that doesn't always happen, especially in South America where being a vegetarian isn't all that common). My second day in town I had an orientation where they gave me useful information on the city, and prepared me to start at my project the next day.

The project itself was very well organized, and run by Maximo Nivel's foreman Marco, a local Cusquenan. Marco doesn't speak much English, but he is very friendly and able to communicate what is needed- and I learned a lot of Spanish from him! I got the opportunity to be involved in all types of the construction, from laying bricks to mixing cement to making the ceiling, and got to see the differentkinds of building techniques that they have in Cusco. We also had the opportunity to visit some of Maximo Nivel's other volunteer sites to help with repairs (such as fixing the roof of a school) and upkeep (such as painting the bedrooms at an orphanage).

In addition to volunteering with Maximo, I also took spanish classes, and participated in their free weekly salsa classes. All the classes were well organized, and taught me a lot!

Through my participation with Maximo Nivel I have had an unforgettable experience, made life long friends, and created a second home for myself in Cusco. I cannot recommend their programs enough!

Amazing Summer

The first thing that comes to mind when I think about travelling to Peru is the extraordinary experience I had as a construction volunteer. Two weeks that were not long enough!
The construction site had a great view over Cusco, everyone at Maximo Nivel and all the volunteers I met were fantastic and very helpful from day one. Not only did we enjoy working together at the site but also our after work lunches and trips to explore the surrounding areas.
One of the reasons I chose Cusco was the opportunity to visit things during our free time and I was not let down. Staying with a family was a great chance to really get to try home-made food and Peruvian culture and we even got to see the celebrations for their Independence Day.

Great experience

I really enjoyed this experience. From being with the other volunteers to working for the community. It's always great to travel to a new country, it's even better when you meet awesome people who share the same goal: to help while exploring. It was great to see the progress we were making in a much needed obgyn. The Peruvian culture is awesome, and it's landscape breathtaking. It was a very fun experience. The staff at Maximo were excellent. They were very helpful, "down to earth", and I appreciated them having activities to do after your placements. So there was always something to do. Would definitely do it again.

Volunteering in Cusco

I have zero experience in construction, ZERO. But Daja put me right in my place the first day we were in Cusco getting briefed on our volunteer project, "What's the most important thing you need to come to your job with: eagerness". I came to work each day ready to work and ready to help, and I left each day feeling content and overwhelmed with joy. I really didn't know very much spanish either, but again, come with eagerness, come with excitement for the new experience, and any human can accept and respect that.

I would recommend anyone, and everyone, to experience something like this. I could only manage to take 7 days out of my busy schedule to help...but if you have more freedom, then take more time. This will not be the last time I experience such a wonderful and fun project. I can thank Maximo Nivel, and Build Abroad for coming together to create such an inspirational trip.

Be prepared for anything and everything; just a few words to highlight our time in Peru:
Cold showers
Mosquitos
Machu Picchu
JOY

Working in a leukemia ward at Antonio Lorena Hospital, Cusco

My wife and I had a rich experience working with nine children suffering from leukemia in a poor hospital in Cusco. It was both sad and sweet at the same time. It would have been even richer if we spoke Spanish, which we didn't. We did activities and crafts with them, and just generally gave them some attention and happiness in the week that we were there. There were caring nurses and doctors all doing their best with limited resources. We really made a strong connection with these sweet children, and Maximo Nivel was awesome in their overall organization and services provided to us during our entire stay in Cusco.

Awesome experience

I had so much fun in Peru volunteering in the Madre Teresa orphanage. I met wonderful people and felt so good about the work I did. I would go back in a heartbeat, and I hope to continue communicating with my friends that I made. I highly recommend Maximo Nivel as an organization, and the program coordinators there are truly amazing people who go out of their way to help in any way that they can!

Teaching English in Cusco, Peru

Overall I had a great time while in Cusco, Peru. I taught English for a week and wished I would of stayed longer so I could have gotten more out of it. My home stay was great. The only thing I would of changed was that I wish my roommates were more outgoing. Additionally the neighbors dog barked all the time but those are things out of Maximo´s control.

Incredible Experience

I'm not sure what I expected when I signed up to volunteer for the Construction Program in Peru, but I know that I was incredibly nervous. I doubted everything about myself and my decisions when I was on the plane ride, but my concerns were set aside almost immediately upon arrival. I was greeted with incredible warmth by my roommates; I couldn't have asked for a better welcome. Maximo was fantastic throughout the whole process, and it was tough to say goodbye. The Field Managers truly care and want to make a difference. They take all your suggestions seriously and want you to make a difference as well. I enjoyed the construction experience but I wish I could've left a great impact and done a little bit more. The daily work schedules were only for the mornings and we had the afternoons and weekends free. It was great for discovering Peru and meeting other travelers. I have no shortage of good things to say about the people who run the program, the house moms and chefs who took care of us and the incredible people I met along the way. Thank you Maximo!!