Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!

Excellent -- both the Centro de Esperanza and Love Volunteers

My 14-year-old daughter were only able to go for a week (during Holy Week) but it was still a very positive experience. Both Love Volunteers and the Centro are very organized -- and the Centro is a very well-run organization that ensures an education for children whose other option would be a life of selling trinkets on the street. I was very impressed with the work they are doing -- they are clearly "in it for the long-haul" and making a significant, positive impact.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 11, 2018 at 5:34 PM

Dear Colleen,
    We're so pleased that you and Katriana fulfilled your intention to have fun and help the children in Oaxaca, Mexico.
    Even a short space of time spent encouraging and enlightening the lives of these children is so valuable and a continuum of volunteers provide ongoing support to change the course of lives and lift people from the cycle of poverty.
    Thanks again, both for your commitment to the program and for sharing your experiences to encourage and inform others.
    We with you both all the very best and hope to have you back with us again soon.

Women's Rescue, Chiang Mai

I was originally scheduled to volunteer in the Women's Empowerment project in Bangkok for four weeks, but I guess that program is no longer being run. So I was switched to volunteer in Chiang Mai, Thailand, with Love Volunteers for two weeks at the Women's Rescue home. The Women's Rescue program is a home for single mothers with children/ babies who have no family support. We provided day care for the children, English lessons and art activities for the moms, and whatever other work needed to be done at the home. You can garden, help cook, digital marketing/ content development to help sell the handmade products online, child care, English lessons, etc.

Love Volunteers works with a local group who helps you get situated, learn some Thai, houses you with other volunteers, and helps plan other tours/ things to do in town outside of volunteering. Their staff was amazing! Nicole at Love Volunteers was also quick to respond and very helpful.

My time at Women's Rescue felt very short. If you can stay longer than two weeks, I suggest you do because it takes a while to establish a rapport with the moms and figure out where you "fit in" at the house. My experience there was great, sometimes a little chaotic (never know what you may show up and do that day) but the moms are so welcoming, the kids are so funny, and the sisters (it is run by three Catholic nuns) are so kind.

I was extremely upset that the Women's Empowerment project got canceled, but I think spending my time in Chiang Mai versus Bangkok was a blessing. Chiang Mai was so much fun!

My only negative is I don't think much of the money you pay to volunteer actually goes to the Women's Rescue house. If I was to go again, I would contact them directly, bypassing Love Volunteers. It was nice though having some support as this was my first time traveling abroad. But I was expecting some portion of my money to be donated to the home and it doesn't sound like that happens.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review November 03, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Hi Erin,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience on our Women's Empowerment program in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

As you mention we do, occasionally, need to offer volunteers an alternative as part of our continual review of programs. Thanks for being flexible and, as you experienced, the program in Chiang Mai is an excellent chance to work with single mothers and their children in a wide range of areas.

I'm glad you mentioned the program fees: our fees are set by the local partner and are the cost of hosting a volunteer and allowing the programs to continue. We aim to keep these fees as low as possible to enable volunteers to attend. As such we don't factor in large monetary donations to the programs but focus on the contribution of time, knowledge, effort and enthusiasm. For those volunteers willing and able to contribute a monetary donation we believe this is best done in person, directly to the program at your own discretion.

Thanks again for your review and encouragement to future volunteers and for being an amazing Love Volunteer.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

My time at the wildlife shelter

Australia's native wildlife was the main factor that made me want to travel to the country. Hence, I was very happy when I found out about the opportunity with Love Volunteers. This program really allowed me to be up close and personal with amazing animals, such as kangaroos, koalas, wombats, and wallabies. There are also possums, sugar/squirrel gliders, and various birds. They have such funny personalities and I got to know each one individually while I was there.

The daily routine revolves around the animals, so expect mornings to be busy because of cleaning and feeds. The schedule usually settled down by the afternoon, providing plenty of time to chat, enjoy a cup of tea/coffee, or play with the animals. Make sure to bring clothes you do not care about since they will get very dirty very quickly. A good pair of work boots or hiking shoes will also be nice to have. Living at the shelter is extremely different from living in a city, so it may take a while to adjust. For example, there is no electricity during the day (a generator only runs at night) and you may have some trouble getting cellphone reception. When temperatures are cold, you will also chop firewood.

The team is very understanding and will help you as best as they can. If you need a ride to the nearest town, they will try to make arrangements for you. Glenda, the shelter's owner, is very kind and knowledgeable, so you can always go to her if you have questions or need something to do. The other volunteers are very nice as well and will share many funny stories with you. As long as you love animals and are willing to work hard, you will have a great time. After all, how many people can say they have lived with kangaroos, cuddled a wombat, or bottle-fed a wallaby? My time at the shelter was an incredibly rewarding experience. I am already missing all of the animals and the people I became friends with while I was there.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 13, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for giving such a brilliant review of our Wildlife Rescue program in Victoria, Australia.The advice and encouragement you have provided is invaluable for future and prospective volunteers.

It's wonderful to hear about the joy you experienced working with the animals. The shelter relies heavily on volunteers to continue in its work and they simply couldn't manage without you.

From the team at the shelter and all of us here at Love Volunteers a huge THANKS and we hope to have you back with us again.

" The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" -Gandhi

One thing I gained from working in Senegal, was happiness! I can't put in words the amount of love and support I received while I was overseas. The people of Senegal made me feel like family. Waking up at 8:00am seemed so easy. The reason why, was because I knew as soon as I reached the school I'd be greeted with smiles and hugs. The children at the school I volunteered at definitely left their mark on my heart. The pictures and stories I shared with others inspired them to look into volunteering. I will volunteer with Love Volunteers again in the future. I've also told many people to volunteered with this organization. If you want to see the world and change the way someone else sees the world. Love volunteers is the way to GO!! What are you waiting for?

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM

Hi Genie,

We can't put into words the joy it gives us to work with volunteers :-)

The mutual rewards that a volunteering placement gives when the volunteer is passionate and caring are huge!

Even though many feel that they aren't able to make much of a difference in a few short weeks you are proof of the hope and joy that each volunteer brings to the lives of these children.

Not forgetting that the volunteer takes that experience home with them to enrich themselves and those around them. That's real change.

Thanks so much for everything you do and we look forward to having you back with us again soon.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

First volunteering experience: A very unique one

As the title states, this was my first volunteering experience, and it truly was a remarkable one. I made many so many friends in such a short amount of time. All it took for me to get to know the children was stand next to them and play football with them... From there, their questions and remarkable inquisitive natures made it hard not to get attached to all of them. My only regret was that I didn't stay longer... Nepal is a beautiful country, with very hospitable people and an amazing depth of nature. My experience was made not only by spending ample time with the children, but by taking time to admire the local traditions and their remarkable culture too. For someone who's considering volunteering in Nepal, I'd advise them to go for it, for it truly is a great experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM

Hi Shaheer,

We can't thank you enough for your amazing enthusiasm and gift of love and hope to the children in Nepal. Thanks also for this helpful account of your time and encouragement for others to continue where you have left off.

So many volunteers wish they could stay longer and do more but the time you gave was invaluable and others will follow in your footsteps.

Thanks again and all the very best for the future. Come back and join us again someday.

Animal rescue centers in Costa Rica

January 2017 marked the beginning of my around-the-world volunteering adventure. My first stop was in Costa Rica with Love Volunteers for 11 weeks. I started at a small center outside of Jaco beach, but after 5 weeks asked to be transferred due to a lack of work available at the time. Mike from Love Volunteers was exceptional in providing me with my pre-departure information and ensuring my transfer was smooth and successful. The second rescue center provided much more to do as well as the ability to work with other volunteers. It's located in a rural, mountain area near Parrita and really exposes you to a wide array of wildlife.

As this was my first time volunteering, my expectations were different than reality. I was expecting more of a hospital/emergency room type environment; whereas, in reality, animal rescue is more along the lines of maintaining the animal's well-being and comfort while you feed and clean up after them. It's like a long-term nursing home for animals that cannot be released into the wild. This allows volunteers to truly care for the animals that become like family.

The accommodations and staff members of the local NGO were fantastic. At first, I stayed with a host family who were wonderful and took great care of me. The second location was a rural "hotel", but no less enjoyable. The staff was exceptional and there were definitely some tears being held back when I left. Despite not speaking Spanish, I was able to communicate and bond with the staff that didn't speak English. They were truly wonderful people who care deeply for the volunteers and make every effort to make you feel welcome and comfortable.

Love Volunteers did an excellent job selecting this project. They provide clear, informative guidance through the whole volunteering process. I highly recommend Love Volunteers and animal rescue in Costa Rica to anyone comfortable spending time in rural, yet beautiful jungle oasis.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 08, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Hi Justin,

We cannot thank you enough for the contribution you have made on both of these programs. Firstly in pointing out issues that need to be remedied with the first placement and then your commitment and obvious dedication to the Wildlife Rescue Centre.

Thanks for taking the time to share these experiences with others to help them to adjust as you did. Having a positive and pro-active attitude makes all the difference when volunteering and we look forward to having you on more of our programs in the future, as you continue with your travels.

Thanks again for everything and happy travels :-)

Santo Tomas, Guatemala - Teaching

Volunteering through Love Volunteers was a great experience. I consistently had excellent communication with the representatives, and was placed with great organizations in both my Thailand and Guatemala placements. I strongly recommend them.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 08, 2017 at 6:15 PM

Hi Santo,

We're humbled by your kind words. It's our pleasure to place passionate people such as yourself into areas where help is so desperately needed.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with others and encourage them to help as you did.

All the very best for your future endeavours and we hope to have you back as a Love Volunteer in the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers!

First time in Thailand

It was such a relief to be matched with a helpful and accommodating volunteer group! They helped us navigate logistics, travel fun and cultural nuances. This really allowed for an immersive experience with no worries or hesitation.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Dear Megan,

Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring review of your time volunteering in Thailand.

It's been our pleasure to help place you on this program and we're so pleased that the experience was both enjoyable and rewarding.

All the very best for your future endeavors and we hope to have you back on our programs again :-)

Volunteering in Bosnia and Herzegovina

It has been a great experience collaborating with Love Volunteers partner in Bosnia and Herzegovina, home of a project aimed to bring kids to a healthy place, where they learn useful subjects, develop their creativity and make friends.
The volunteers chosen for this project, my partners, showed all a great vocation and will to help the kids, and also creativity and lots of dedication.
The kids are also amazing, so willing to learn, smart and cheerful. It was a gift to me getting along with them or receiving their attention in the classes in which I took part either as an assistant or giving them some Spanish language basics.
I thank the coordinators, who where always helpful and attentive.
Thanks for having me welcomed to this warm-hearted place.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 01, 2017 at 5:15 PM

Dear Eduardo,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our wonderful program in Bosnia.

It's been such a pleasure arranging this placement for you and the local team were extremely appreciative of your enthusiasm and generous spirit. You will be missed!

Thanks again for being such an amazing Love Volunteer and we hope to have you join us again soon.

Love Volunteers - street children in Delhi project

Working on the Love Volunteers Street Children project in Delhi with kids who lack any material advantages but were the most joyful humans I have ever met has, without doubt, been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life !

Love Volunteers were highly supportive before my arrival in India with excellent information and communications and the local NGO made sure that we were well looked after, well informed, safe and able to get the most of our experience.

I had never been in a teaching environment but quickly learnt that helping them with basic English and Maths and just giving them my time has a real value. I hope that my stay there, albeit brief, contributed in some small way to building their confidence and knowledge.

I cannot recommend this experience enough. I am 57 and had some initial wobbles about stepping out of my comfort zone but as soon as I saw dozens of beaming faces on Day One I knew immediately that I had made absolutely the right decision.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Dear Stephen,

It's volunteers like you that put smiles on our faces! What an absolute pleasure it has been to be part of placing you into these children's lives and giving them hope and the knowledge that people care.

You are totally right that, even without teaching experience, just being there for them makes such a difference.

Thanks so much for your time and for sharing this review to encourage and prepare others. We hope to have you back with us again in the future and wish you all the very best.

Life changing experience with Teaching Monks in Chiang Mai

This was one of the best experiences in my life. I am so grateful for this opportunity. It not only gave me a chance to share my passion for teaching and helping people but also taught me so much about Thai culture, tradition, Buddhism and fun everyday things. The Education system in Thailand is a bit different than what I am used to so it also helped me to think outside of the box and go out of my comfort zone. I’ve had experience in ESL teaching but this was nothing like I had experienced before. It depends on you how much you will take and learn from that experience. If you put your heart and passion into it and if you are willing to learn from Thais and monks you will come back home a different person. They culture is very welcoming and they are always interested in learning about your culture and your life. Be open minded and enjoy what the Land of Smiles has to offer. Apart from teaching Monks and learning about theirs lives and culture you will have a chance to experience beautiful events ,festivals, architecture and food of Chiang Mai. It was an amazing trip. Very fulfilling I am very grateful for this experience!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Hi Patrycja,

It's always a pleasure for us to work with incredible volunteers like you who are so passionate about helping and willing to learn and grow.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with others to prepare and encourage them for the adventure ahead.

We love this quote:
    "Be open minded and enjoy what the Land of Smiles has to offer."

We look forward to having you as a Love Volunteer again soon :-)

Luang Prabang - what an experience

The program was so well run, I was made so welcome by all, and their was plenty of support. The 'team' provided me with an insight and experience into some local cultural events and I never felt like an outsider ever. It was an amazing experience. Living in this community, spending time every day with these students made me realise that adversity doesn't define people. These students are from poor families, many from the villages, but their desire to learn English to give themselves better opportunities for the future is astounding. I was in awe of their attitude.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Hi Kaye,

It's so awesome to hear your praise for the program and the local team. These guys work tirelessly to run the programs helping local people and take great care of our volunteers!

We're so pleased that this experience was beneficial to you as well as to those you helped - that's exactly what it's all about!

Thanks for being an awesome Love Volunteer and we hope you can join us again in the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers.

English teacher in Palestine

I worked as a volunteer in Nablus , Palestine with Love Volunteer's Partner , as an English language teacher. The people , the administration , the students as well as the fellow volunteers were extremely warm and easy to work with. I would recommend this experience to all people looking out for volunteering opportunities.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review January 13, 2017 at 6:31 PM

Hi Surabhi,

We really appreciate your recommendation of our programs in Palestine. It's so awesome to hear your praises of the people and the local team.

It's been an absolutely pleasure working with you and thanks so much for giving so generously of your time to help others.

All the very best for the future and we hope you come back to volunteer with us again sometime.

Turtle conservation in Montezuma, Costa Rica

An amazing experience looking after and releasing baby turtles into the Pacific Ocean. Montezuma is a beautiful remote location on the coast of Costa Rica where we were able to make a difference to endangered turtle species whilst enjoying the jungle style natural habitat. The living conditions were basic but not impossible, plenty of free time to explore the area as shifts were generally between 4 and 6 hours per day. Also a great chance to meet like minded people from all over the world and share in this extraordinary experience. Highly recommended!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review January 13, 2017 at 6:03 PM

Hi Laura,

Great to hear that your placement was both rewarding and enjoyable - that's exactly what it's all about.

It's really useful for future volunteers to hear first hand about the experience - especially details such as the facilities being "basic but not impossible". We love it when volunteers make the most of the experience - taking the good with the not so good as you have done and realising that this is what it's about for the short period you are there.

Your perspective on the experience is invaluable for future volunteers so thanks for taking the time to share and we wish you all the very best for your future endeavours.

Thanks for being an awesome Love Volunteer.

My experiences in Sri Lanka

I went to Sri Lanka with Love Volunteers together with my friend Jana. At first, we were quite nervous because we didn’t know what to expect, but as soon as we saw the country, we knew we were going to have the time of our lives.
We went to Badulla for 2 weeks and to Galle for 1 week. Our 2 weeks in Badulla were very nice. Every morning we went to the special school to teach some English and handwork to children with disabilities. This was a very interesting experience because we also learned a lot from the kids, for example: the deaf children taught us some sign language. After that we had some time to visit some places in and around Badulla. In the late afternoon we went to the girls orphanage to teach English. The girls were very sweet and they were eager to learn new things, we still miss the girls and the kids from the special school every day. The nice thing about staying in Badulla is that the volunteering centre is quite small, this gives you the chance to live close to the host family which is a nice cultural experience. We spent our last week in Galle, which was a beautiful place by the sea. There we went to the turtle farm to take care of the sea turtles and to clean the beach.
The people in the volunteering centres took great care for us and we felt very welcome in Badulla and Galle, they also helped us with deciding which places we could visit and they made delicious meals. For me, it was a life-changing experience and if I could go back right now, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second. Volunteering abroad changed my life, and it’s a perfect combo with travelling because it doesn’t only gives you the chance to see the country, you also have the chance to live with the local people.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review November 08, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Hi Kirsten,

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your volunteering trip to Sri Lanka :-)

Such beautiful people and scenery can't help but captivate visitors - and volunteers get to see so more than the average tourist! As a volunteer you were able to have a positive impact on (and learn from) these naturally happy people. What an experience and it seems you made full use of your time to good effect.

It's great to hear your praise for the host family - such a wonderful opportunity to be immersed in the local culture, cuisine and family life :-)

Thanks again to both you and Jana for being awesome Love Volunteers and all the very best for the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Costa Rica - Wildlife Rescue Center (Turrucares)

Dear future volunteer,

My 3 weeks in Costa Rica were extraordinary, an experience that will always stay in my heart. This was the first time I traveled on my own, and so far away. Right before landing, I was getting a bit nervous, but at the airport, two members of the local team were waiting for me with two other volunteers that had just arrived. They drove us to the Animal Rescue Center and I remember it was raining really hard, since it was the rain season at that time.

During every morning on the following days, we had a meeting to assign different activities to volunteers. These activities consisted in maintaining the center (cleaning the cages, preparing the food, feeding the animals, rehabilitating some animals) and in working on the new center in another location very close to this one, where they would move a few weeks later. Some of the activities were not related to the animals, like helping to cook for the volunteers, cleaning the pool, collecting branches, and maintaining infrastructure. Animals in that center included sloths, capuchin monkeys, spider monkeys, howler monkeys, pet dogs, a pet goat, a baby porcupine, small parrots, scarlet macaws, marmosets, one olingo, two kinkajous, owls, and peacocks. I learned a lot about them, some evenings we even had lectures on a specific animal.

In our free time we read, swam in the swimming pool, played cards, called our families and friends (there was wifi there). This is one of the things that bothered me at first, that many volunteers were on their phones during free time, instead of socializing. Sometimes I wished there wasn't wifi right on the center. But after some days had passed, I also spent some time on my phone because I realized that it's very nice to keep in touch with your loved ones. Concerning free days, we took one or two days off per week. Me and other volunteers went to Montezuma, Manuel Antonio, Land of the Strays, and Los Chorros waterfall. On my birthday evening, we all went to a bar close-by to celebrate. What was even more amazing is that before going to the bar, after dinner, the manager and the coordinator brought by surprise two cakes to me and to another birthday girl, and we had 40 people singing happy birthday to us, which felt incredible.

Regarding accommodation, it was alright, but not great. The mattress was too thin so you could feel the metal bed frame, there were too many people in one room, it was a bit stuffy, and there was hardly any space to put your things. Besides, showers had only cold water. However, I realized that one gets used to anything. Once you return home, you really appreciate and are grateful for the usual level of comfort we have in developed countries. Note to future volunteers: the new center has new thicker mattresses and the rooms are way nicer, still a bit packed with too many people, but more pleasant :)

Now, about food, we had food three times a day. In the morning it was either rice and beans with eggs, or pancakes with syrup and fruits. The other meals were Costa Rican dishes. Some facts I realized about Costa Rica, especially in the rain season is that everything is humid (things don't completely dry, like hair and clothes); your skin is always hydrated without the need of creams;; there are no big brands in shops (i haven't been in big cities though), for instance one shop was called “clothes for babies”, instead of Mango or Zara; there are not many highways, but for this reason, buses go through very beautiful roads around nature; there are no traditional addresses, for instance, our center was located in 1 km to the southwest of the church of San Miguel de Turrucares :p and the post still works fine! Buses and cars can be very old and not well maintained. One low of the program is that at one point we were too many volunteers and had not enough activities for each one of us. It would be nicer to be less volunteers and feel more needed.

Nevertheless, overall, I'd recommend this program to whoever likes working with animals and helping them. In the meantime you'll meet some amazing people from around the world, you'll get to know a bit of Costa Rican culture and see a bit of this beautiful country. One tip: you could reserve a week or two to travel after staying at the center!

Love,

Claudia

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 04, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Hi Claudia,
    Wow, your review is so helpful to future and potential volunteers on the Wildlife program in Costa Rica! Thanks heaps for taking the time to include so much detail. It's fantastic to hear about the work you were involved in with the animals and supporting volunteers.
    How exciting to have been able to celebrate your birthday in their unique setting. We're so glad the local team made you feel special and welcomed.
    All the very best for the future and thanks for being an awesome volunteer.
    The Team @ Love Volunteers

Teaching and assisting at schools

The time volunteering in Nepal was an unforgettable experience for me. If I had the opportunity to come back again, I would love to go there again. Thank you for giving me the chance to contribute in the education of those children and hope to cross lives once again in the future.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 04, 2016 at 7:55 PM

Thanks for this great review of our programs in Palestine. It's wonderful to see the benefits our volunteers gain from volunteering. Giving is the very best way to reward yourself as well as others.

Thanks again and do come back and join us again sometime soon.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Boy, Ghana sure stole my heart!

Ghana stole my heart. I cannot explain how sacred this journey was. Not only did I become a member of a beautiful family of 50 children; but I gained a much better understanding of myself and the world around me.
As Americans, our worth and happiness is based upon our materialist mindsets. We all fall victim to unnecessary complaining, judgment and negativity. Unknowingly, we let our egos get in the way of the interactions we have with ourselves, others and the world around us. We forget how auspicious our lives are here in America and (me included) take a lot of things for granted.
In Ghana I witnessed joy, love and happiness like I’ve never seen before. The kids at the orphanage live beyond what you and I would consider minimal; yet they are the most grateful, compassionate and intelligent humans I have ever met. The kids range from 2-23 years old; most have never seen a computer and none of them have phones. They don’t have social media; therefore, their interactions and relationships are genuine and unfeigned. Their culture is flip flopped to that of America.
People live on .25 American cents a day which in their currency is 1 cedi. Their minimum wage per WEEK is 5 cedi’s which is equivalent to $1.50. Yet this is all they need to survive and never did I hear a complaint.
They are the most magnificent people that I have ever had the privilege learn and grow with. I am already planning my trip to go back during Christmas. Always sending my love and blessings to everyone who shared their lives and their wholesomeness with me.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hi Jessee,

Your passion leaps off the page! It's so wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing experience volunteering with the orphans in Ashanti.

Thanks for sharing this heartfelt review to encourage other volunteers.

Fantastic that you intend to head back to help out again over Christmas. What better time to put a smile on so many little faces :-)

All the very best and thanks so much for being an amazing volunteer.

The Team @ Love Volunteers.

Second time, same place, still lovely!

Here comes my second placement in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!

I am back to the place I first volunteered last year and grateful to get to know volunteers from various countries such as Canada, China, UK, France and many more.

Regarding my program, changes are great to be seen. I especially love seeing this particular girl who once could not walk, now is able to stand on her own feet. She still needs assistance in order to walk but with appropriate equipment prepared and the presence of fellow enthusiastic volunteers, I believe she'll be able to walk on her own in time.

The activities involved are spending time playing with them, assist them to walk and feed them their meals. These gestures might be simple to us in our daily lives, but has a huge impact on their well-being and future motor and cognitive development. I encourage everyone who share common interest in humanity to come along and join me in caring for disabled children who are in need of us.

Here's a quote from myself:
When you create good moments for others, you earned wonderful memories for yourself.
When you give happiness to others, you gained contentment for yourself.

Thank you Love Volunteers for making my dream come true once again!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 07, 2016 at 4:57 PM

Dear Yee,

How wonderful to see you return to volunteer in Ho Chi Minh again this year and see the progress that the children have made - with the help of amazing volunteers such as yourself.

Thanks for sharing your experiences to encourage others to give of their time and energy to help these children who, through no fault of their own, are born into a life of disability.

Keep up the good work of sharing and caring!

Love Volunteers- Volunteering with Children in Costa Rica

I volunteered for a month in Jaco,Costa Rica through Love Volunteers, overall it was an amazing experience that has impacted me in many ways. I like Love Volunteers a lot because they are very quick to respond to emails and are very helpful to any questions that I had. The in country contact was slightly disorganized and although there was no Wifi in my house the experience overall was very rewarding. There are lots of cafes and restaurants with Wifi, also I took Spanish lessons while there and I think that it is much more beneficial if you speak at least conversational Spanish or intend to learn. This was an amazing experience and program and I intend to volunteer with Love Volunteers again.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 31, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Hi Jacqueline,

Thanks for your kind words and for providing feedback and helpful information to other volunteers.

It's great to hear that you were flexible - it's so important that volunteers keep an open-mind and work around the small frustrations inherent in volunteering in areas where resources are constrained.

Thanks for being a great volunteer and come back and join us anytime!

Clinical volunteer in South Africa

This volunteer was amazing! I got to do clinical work you can't even think of doing in America unless you have a degree. The volunteer itself did not take up most of your time, and I was able to participate in various cultural activities as well! Definitely would recommend.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Hi Stephanie,
    Thanks for your praise of our Medical program in South Africa. This program is perfect for those with little or no prior experience in the medical field and we're excited to hear that you were able to learn so much!
    All the very best for your career in medicine - come back and join us again and share your newly acquired skills :-)

A summer with monks

A few months back, I was fortunate to stumble upon Love Volunteers while looking up volunteering opportunities abroad. I instantly got interested in the programs they had to offer. Out of the many programs I went through, 'Teaching at Monasteries' in Nepal caught my eye. I had been wanting to travel solo as well as experience volunteering in a different country, and this program seemed to be the perfect fit! Ever since I mailed them for the first time, Love Volunteers had been nothing but supportive and prompt. Apart from sharing a detailed guidebook about the country and the program, they answered all my queries promptly.

Having just a month off work in summer, I could afford to spend 3 weeks at the monastery. Those 3 weeks spent in Nepal have undoubtedly been one of the best times in my life! I met some lovely people, made life-long connections, traveled, taught, learnt and gathered tons of amazing memories! Staying at a monastery and interacting with monks was in itself a unique and wonderful opportunity, and I feel very fortunate to have experienced the same. Teaching at the monastery definitely had its own challenges, as they relied only on volunteers for academics (English, Math etc.) and there wasn't a curriculum in place. If you tend to get involved with the students and take your teaching seriously, then it gets challenging because all students have different abilities and levels, and ideally one needs to cater to their individual needs. That is possible when you have many volunteers on site, otherwise can be a bit difficult. Nonetheless, teaching and interacting with the lovely monks is really enjoyable, and one sure learns a lot!

Such experiences definitely teach you a lot, expose you to much more in life and probably make you grow as a person. One gets to experience life in a totally different context, often without the luxuries and comforts one is used to. However, what you gather is way more valuable - friends, experiences, memories, learning. It's all worth it. My words may not do justice to what I experienced, felt and learnt. All I can say is it was one of the best experiences in my life, and I wish I could have stayed longer! Would love to go back sometime.

Would definitely recommend Love Volunteers and this particular program to whosoever wishes to volunteer abroad and make a difference! :)

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Hi Mahima,

Thank you so much for your kinds words and praise. It's such a pleasure to play a small part in putting volunteers where the need is greatest and we're so pleased to hear that you were happy with our service and the program :-)

Your descriptions of the challenges involved with Teaching in situations where resources and staffing are extremely limited is really helpful! You are so right that more volunteers would make the job so much easier! Hopefully your review will encourage more volunteers to go to Nepal.

We too would love it if you have an opportunity to volunteer again in the future!

Uganda

I had an amazing time in Uganda with Love Volunteers! Love Volunteers answered all my questions in a timely manner and ensured that my trip to Ngora,the town I stayed in, was very comfortable. The volunteer house was also very comfortable and safe. During my time in Uganda I volunteered at the health center. I enjoyed the hands on work with the patients. I was able to deliver baby's and administer IVs and immunizations. All the staff at the health center was very friendly and welcoming and always willing to teach me new things. I was also able to experience Ugandan culture and the way of live in a small town in Africa. The 4 weeks in Ngora were definitely life changing!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Hi Sandra,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this glowing review of your time in Uganda on our medical program in Ngora.

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity to be hands-on in a medical capacity and help to deliver babies and generally make sure that patients were well cared for. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and skills!

All the very best for your future endeavours and we would love to have you back on the team again :-)

My experience in Argentina

The time I spent volunteering in Jaulas vacias was definitely unforgettable. I was welcomed to Argentina by a super friendly Hostel staff and oriented by very capable people at the VOS school (really, they will answer any question you have about the city and will give you the best recommendations.).
When going to the refuge for the first time, I was accompanied by one of the local volunteers -who was also super nice and approachable and became an amazing friend by the time I came back home! All the people at the shelter are very dedicated and hardworking, and will most definitely impact you and your ideals in the most positive way possible.
As far as the work I did while in the refuge, I loved it because it felt meaningful and like I was doing something helpful for all those animals -and everyone who worked there was always willing to help me out and teach me everything I needed to know (yes, that included helping me with my spanish)!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 24, 2016 at 3:05 AM

Hi Karina,

It's great to hear that our local team in Argentina provided you with their full support and assistance during your stay :-)

It can be difficult working with animals, particularly the vulnerable ones such as at this Refuge, but also hugely rewarding and it's fantastic that you were able to help care for the animals and provide an extra pair of hands so desperately needed by the local staff.

Thanks again for being a great volunteer and we wish you all the very best for the future.

A wonderful volunteering experience in Sri Lanka through Love Volunteers

This 2-week experience organized by Love Volunteers Programs was the most satisfying and amazing one of my life. I spent my days in Sri Lanka, teaching English in a nursery and then teaching Sign Language in a special school. I loved taking up the responsibility of teaching English in an environment where its use was severely lacking. Everyone here in Sri Lanka is very accommodating and nice. I got to explore Sri Lanka over the weekends when I did not have any work. It is the most beautiful country in the world. Sometimes 2 weeks did not seem enough time, but I did my best while I was there. I hope I have left an impact on the local community, while they continue to grow stronger in their education. I'll be taking back many memories of this great program.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi Rolph,

Thank-you for this great review of our programs in Sri Lanka. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I can assure you that your efforts working with the children are most appreciated!

It's been a pleasure to work with you to make this volunteering trip a reality and thanks for giving your time and skills to further the education for children of Sri Lanka.

We wish you all the very best in the future!