Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Volunteer Abroad & Make a REAL Difference - From US$175!

My time at the Wildlife Shelter

Australia's native wildlife was the main factor that made me want to travel to the country. Hence, I was very happy when I found out about the opportunity with Love Volunteers. This program really allowed me to be up close and personal with amazing animals, such as kangaroos, koalas, wombats, and wallabies. There are also possums, sugar/squirrel gliders, and various birds. They have such funny personalities and I got to know each one individually while I was there.

The daily routine revolves around the animals, so expect mornings to be busy because of cleaning and feeds. The schedule usually settled down by the afternoon, providing plenty of time to chat, enjoy a cup of tea/coffee, or play with the animals. Make sure to bring clothes you do not care about since they will get very dirty very quickly. A good pair of work boots or hiking shoes will also be nice to have. Living at the shelter is extremely different from living in a city, so it may take a while to adjust. For example, there is no electricity during the day (a generator only runs at night) and you may have some trouble getting cellphone reception. When temperatures are cold, you will also chop firewood.

The team is very understanding and will help you as best as they can. If you need a ride to the nearest town, they will try to make arrangements for you. Glenda, the shelter's owner, is very kind and knowledgeable, so you can always go to her if you have questions or need something to do. The other volunteers are very nice as well and will share many funny stories with you. As long as you love animals and are willing to work hard, you will have a great time. After all, how many people can say they have lived with kangaroos, cuddled a wombat, or bottle-fed a wallaby? My time at the shelter was an incredibly rewarding experience. I am already missing all of the animals and the people I became friends with while I was there.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 13, 2017 at 4:44 PM

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for giving such a brilliant review of our Wildlife Rescue program in Victoria, Australia.The advice and encouragement you have provided is invaluable for future and prospective volunteers.

It's wonderful to hear about the joy you experienced working with the animals. The shelter relies heavily on volunteers to continue in its work and they simply couldn't manage without you.

From the team at the shelter and all of us here at Love Volunteers a huge THANKS and we hope to have you back with us again.

First volunteering experience: A very unique one

As the title states, this was my first volunteering experience, and it truly was a remarkable one. I made many so many friends in such a short amount of time. All it took for me to get to know the children was stand next to them and play football with them... From there, their questions and remarkable inquisitive natures made it hard not to get attached to all of them. My only regret was that I didn't stay longer... Nepal is a beautiful country, with very hospitable people and an amazing depth of nature. My experience was made not only by spending ample time with the children, but by taking time to admire the local traditions and their remarkable culture too. For someone who's considering volunteering in Nepal, I'd advise them to go for it, for it truly is a great experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 19, 2017 at 4:16 AM

Hi Shaheer,

We can't thank you enough for your amazing enthusiasm and gift of love and hope to the children in Nepal. Thanks also for this helpful account of your time and encouragement for others to continue where you have left off.

So many volunteers wish they could stay longer and do more but the time you gave was invaluable and others will follow in your footsteps.

Thanks again and all the very best for the future. Come back and join us again someday.

First time in Thailand

It was such a relief to be matched with a helpful and accommodating volunteer group! They helped us navigate logistics, travel fun and cultural nuances. This really allowed for an immersive experience with no worries or hesitation.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 20, 2017 at 2:19 PM

Dear Megan,

Thanks so much for sharing this inspiring review of your time volunteering in Thailand.

It's been our pleasure to help place you on this program and we're so pleased that the experience was both enjoyable and rewarding.

All the very best for your future endeavors and we hope to have you back on our programs again :-)

Love Volunteers - street children in Delhi project

Working on the Love Volunteers Street Children project in Delhi with kids who lack any material advantages but were the most joyful humans I have ever met has, without doubt, been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life !

Love Volunteers were highly supportive before my arrival in India with excellent information and communications and the local NGO made sure that we were well looked after, well informed, safe and able to get the most of our experience.

I had never been in a teaching environment but quickly learnt that helping them with basic English and Maths and just giving them my time has a real value. I hope that my stay there, albeit brief, contributed in some small way to building their confidence and knowledge.

I cannot recommend this experience enough. I am 57 and had some initial wobbles about stepping out of my comfort zone but as soon as I saw dozens of beaming faces on Day One I knew immediately that I had made absolutely the right decision.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:41 PM

Dear Stephen,

It's volunteers like you that put smiles on our faces! What an absolute pleasure it has been to be part of placing you into these children's lives and giving them hope and the knowledge that people care.

You are totally right that, even without teaching experience, just being there for them makes such a difference.

Thanks so much for your time and for sharing this review to encourage and prepare others. We hope to have you back with us again in the future and wish you all the very best.

Life changing experience with Teaching Monks in Chiang Mai

This was one of the best experiences in my life. I am so grateful for this opportunity. It not only gave me a chance to share my passion for teaching and helping people but also taught me so much about Thai culture, tradition, Buddhism and fun everyday things. The Education system in Thailand is a bit different than what I am used to so it also helped me to think outside of the box and go out of my comfort zone. I’ve had experience in ESL teaching but this was nothing like I had experienced before. It depends on you how much you will take and learn from that experience. If you put your heart and passion into it and if you are willing to learn from Thais and monks you will come back home a different person. They culture is very welcoming and they are always interested in learning about your culture and your life. Be open minded and enjoy what the Land of Smiles has to offer. Apart from teaching Monks and learning about theirs lives and culture you will have a chance to experience beautiful events ,festivals, architecture and food of Chiang Mai. It was an amazing trip. Very fulfilling I am very grateful for this experience!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM

Hi Patrycja,

It's always a pleasure for us to work with incredible volunteers like you who are so passionate about helping and willing to learn and grow.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with others to prepare and encourage them for the adventure ahead.

We love this quote:
    "Be open minded and enjoy what the Land of Smiles has to offer."

We look forward to having you as a Love Volunteer again soon :-)

Luang Prabang - what an experience

The program was so well run, I was made so welcome by all, and their was plenty of support. The 'team' provided me with an insight and experience into some local cultural events and I never felt like an outsider ever. It was an amazing experience. Living in this community, spending time every day with these students made me realise that adversity doesn't define people. These students are from poor families, many from the villages, but their desire to learn English to give themselves better opportunities for the future is astounding. I was in awe of their attitude.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review February 13, 2017 at 6:22 PM

Hi Kaye,

It's so awesome to hear your praise for the program and the local team. These guys work tirelessly to run the programs helping local people and take great care of our volunteers!

We're so pleased that this experience was beneficial to you as well as to those you helped - that's exactly what it's all about!

Thanks for being an awesome Love Volunteer and we hope you can join us again in the future.

My experiences in Sri Lanka

I went to Sri Lanka with Love Volunteers together with my friend Jana. At first, we were quite nervous because we didn’t know what to expect, but as soon as we saw the country, we knew we were going to have the time of our lives.
We went to Badulla for 2 weeks and to Galle for 1 week. Our 2 weeks in Badulla were very nice. Every morning we went to the special school to teach some English and handwork to children with disabilities. This was a very interesting experience because we also learned a lot from the kids, for example: the deaf children taught us some sign language. After that we had some time to visit some places in and around Badulla. In the late afternoon we went to the girls orphanage to teach English. The girls were very sweet and they were eager to learn new things, we still miss the girls and the kids from the special school every day. The nice thing about staying in Badulla is that the volunteering centre is quite small, this gives you the chance to live close to the host family which is a nice cultural experience. We spent our last week in Galle, which was a beautiful place by the sea. There we went to the turtle farm to take care of the sea turtles and to clean the beach.
The people in the volunteering centres took great care for us and we felt very welcome in Badulla and Galle, they also helped us with deciding which places we could visit and they made delicious meals. For me, it was a life-changing experience and if I could go back right now, I wouldn’t hesitate for a second. Volunteering abroad changed my life, and it’s a perfect combo with travelling because it doesn’t only gives you the chance to see the country, you also have the chance to live with the local people.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review November 08, 2016 at 1:57 PM

Hi Kirsten,

It's fantastic to hear that you enjoyed your volunteering trip to Sri Lanka :-)

Such beautiful people and scenery can't help but captivate visitors - and volunteers get to see so more than the average tourist! As a volunteer you were able to have a positive impact on (and learn from) these naturally happy people. What an experience and it seems you made full use of your time to good effect.

It's great to hear your praise for the host family - such a wonderful opportunity to be immersed in the local culture, cuisine and family life :-)

Thanks again to both you and Jana for being awesome Love Volunteers and all the very best for the future.

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Boy, Ghana sure stole my heart!

Ghana stole my heart. I cannot explain how sacred this journey was. Not only did I become a member of a beautiful family of 50 children; but I gained a much better understanding of myself and the world around me.
As Americans, our worth and happiness is based upon our materialist mindsets. We all fall victim to unnecessary complaining, judgment and negativity. Unknowingly, we let our egos get in the way of the interactions we have with ourselves, others and the world around us. We forget how auspicious our lives are here in America and (me included) take a lot of things for granted.
In Ghana I witnessed joy, love and happiness like I’ve never seen before. The kids at the orphanage live beyond what you and I would consider minimal; yet they are the most grateful, compassionate and intelligent humans I have ever met. The kids range from 2-23 years old; most have never seen a computer and none of them have phones. They don’t have social media; therefore, their interactions and relationships are genuine and unfeigned. Their culture is flip flopped to that of America.
People live on .25 American cents a day which in their currency is 1 cedi. Their minimum wage per WEEK is 5 cedi’s which is equivalent to $1.50. Yet this is all they need to survive and never did I hear a complaint.
They are the most magnificent people that I have ever had the privilege learn and grow with. I am already planning my trip to go back during Christmas. Always sending my love and blessings to everyone who shared their lives and their wholesomeness with me.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review August 11, 2016 at 6:56 PM

Hi Jessee,

Your passion leaps off the page! It's so wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing experience volunteering with the orphans in Ashanti.

Thanks for sharing this heartfelt review to encourage other volunteers.

Fantastic that you intend to head back to help out again over Christmas. What better time to put a smile on so many little faces :-)

All the very best and thanks so much for being an amazing volunteer.

Clinical volunteer in South Africa

This volunteer was amazing! I got to do clinical work you can't even think of doing in America unless you have a degree. The volunteer itself did not take up most of your time, and I was able to participate in various cultural activities as well! Definitely would recommend.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 14, 2016 at 5:20 PM

Hi Stephanie,
    Thanks for your praise of our Medical program in South Africa. This program is perfect for those with little or no prior experience in the medical field and we're excited to hear that you were able to learn so much!
    All the very best for your career in medicine - come back and join us again and share your newly acquired skills :-)

A summer with monks

A few months back, I was fortunate to stumble upon Love Volunteers while looking up volunteering opportunities abroad. I instantly got interested in the programs they had to offer. Out of the many programs I went through, 'Teaching at Monasteries' in Nepal caught my eye. I had been wanting to travel solo as well as experience volunteering in a different country, and this program seemed to be the perfect fit! Ever since I mailed them for the first time, Love Volunteers had been nothing but supportive and prompt. Apart from sharing a detailed guidebook about the country and the program, they answered all my queries promptly.

Having just a month off work in summer, I could afford to spend 3 weeks at the monastery. Those 3 weeks spent in Nepal have undoubtedly been one of the best times in my life! I met some lovely people, made life-long connections, traveled, taught, learnt and gathered tons of amazing memories! Staying at a monastery and interacting with monks was in itself a unique and wonderful opportunity, and I feel very fortunate to have experienced the same. Teaching at the monastery definitely had its own challenges, as they relied only on volunteers for academics (English, Math etc.) and there wasn't a curriculum in place. If you tend to get involved with the students and take your teaching seriously, then it gets challenging because all students have different abilities and levels, and ideally one needs to cater to their individual needs. That is possible when you have many volunteers on site, otherwise can be a bit difficult. Nonetheless, teaching and interacting with the lovely monks is really enjoyable, and one sure learns a lot!

Such experiences definitely teach you a lot, expose you to much more in life and probably make you grow as a person. One gets to experience life in a totally different context, often without the luxuries and comforts one is used to. However, what you gather is way more valuable - friends, experiences, memories, learning. It's all worth it. My words may not do justice to what I experienced, felt and learnt. All I can say is it was one of the best experiences in my life, and I wish I could have stayed longer! Would love to go back sometime.

Would definitely recommend Love Volunteers and this particular program to whosoever wishes to volunteer abroad and make a difference! :)

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:46 PM

Hi Mahima,

Thank you so much for your kinds words and praise. It's such a pleasure to play a small part in putting volunteers where the need is greatest and we're so pleased to hear that you were happy with our service and the program :-)

Your descriptions of the challenges involved with Teaching in situations where resources and staffing are extremely limited is really helpful! You are so right that more volunteers would make the job so much easier! Hopefully your review will encourage more volunteers to go to Nepal.

We too would love it if you have an opportunity to volunteer again in the future!

Uganda

I had an amazing time in Uganda with Love Volunteers! Love Volunteers answered all my questions in a timely manner and ensured that my trip to Ngora,the town I stayed in, was very comfortable. The volunteer house was also very comfortable and safe. During my time in Uganda I volunteered at the health center. I enjoyed the hands on work with the patients. I was able to deliver baby's and administer IVs and immunizations. All the staff at the health center was very friendly and welcoming and always willing to teach me new things. I was also able to experience Ugandan culture and the way of live in a small town in Africa. The 4 weeks in Ngora were definitely life changing!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review July 05, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Hi Sandra,

Thanks so much for taking the time to give this glowing review of your time in Uganda on our medical program in Ngora.

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity to be hands-on in a medical capacity and help to deliver babies and generally make sure that patients were well cared for. Thanks so much for your enthusiasm and skills!

All the very best for your future endeavours and we would love to have you back on the team again :-)

A wonderful volunteering experience in Sri Lanka through Love Volunteers

This 2-week experience organized by Love Volunteers Programs was the most satisfying and amazing one of my life. I spent my days in Sri Lanka, teaching English in a nursery and then teaching Sign Language in a special school. I loved taking up the responsibility of teaching English in an environment where its use was severely lacking. Everyone here in Sri Lanka is very accommodating and nice. I got to explore Sri Lanka over the weekends when I did not have any work. It is the most beautiful country in the world. Sometimes 2 weeks did not seem enough time, but I did my best while I was there. I hope I have left an impact on the local community, while they continue to grow stronger in their education. I'll be taking back many memories of this great program.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Hi Rolph,

Thank-you for this great review of our programs in Sri Lanka. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I can assure you that your efforts working with the children are most appreciated!

It's been a pleasure to work with you to make this volunteering trip a reality and thanks for giving your time and skills to further the education for children of Sri Lanka.

We wish you all the very best in the future!
    The Team @ Love Volunteers

An invaluable experience with my medical program in Argentina

Hello future volunteers! If you are looking to gain more clinical experience while perfecting your Spanish, than this program is definitely for you! I am a pre-medical student at the University of Pittsburgh who decided to spend two weeks in Buenos Aires, Argentina volunteering at Hospital de Clinicas. That decision was one of the best I have ever made. I worked in the departments of pediatrics and gynecology for the majority of my time. I got to shadow a variety of physicians in clinical scenarios, interact with patients, attend medical lectures, tour the medical school, and so much more in my short time abroad.

One of the best parts of my experience was building connections with the medical personnel in Argentina. I truly grew close to the staff and felt very comfortable around them. All of the physicians were very receptive to my questions and were willing to teach me a variety of things. We had discussions ranging from the human anatomy to the Argentinian healthcare system. Conversing with them every day really improved my Spanish, especially my medical terminology. By the end of my two weeks I was able to better assist physicians by providing medical tools, supplies, and anything else they required.

Working directly with the patients was an extremely enriching opportunity. I got to play with kids prior to their appointments with the physician, but more importantly I got to teach them to feel comfortable at the doctor's. Interacting with the kids one on one gave me the chance to teach them valuable lessons such as the importance of check-ups, eating healthy foods, and exercising regularly. In the gynecology department, I was able to oversee consultations and various clinical procedures. I met a variety of patients, each with a different situation that exposed me to treatment plans and healthcare issues. Since I have already shadowed and worked in both departments in the United States, I was able to see many differences, but more interestingly I was able to see many similarities!

Beyond the medical aspect of this program, there are many other great opportunities that you should take advantage of. For one, I worked closely with the Spanish School near my hostel in order to perfect my Spanish and better get to know the natives. Additionally, I became close friends with fellow volunteers that I was able to share my experience with. These are friends that I am sure to have for a lifetime. Since I only volunteered mornings to mid-afternoons I had the opportunity to go out at explore the beautiful city of Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is truly "the Paris of South America." The food, people, culture, music, architecture, and overall liveliness of the city was energizing.

While I wish that I could have extended my stay, I know I will be back! I am forever grateful to Love Volunteers for giving me this invaluable experience! I am happy to recommend this program! Best of luck.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 01, 2016 at 12:42 PM

Dear Jessica,

Wow! What a superbly detailed and well written account of your time volunteering in Buenos Aires. This is super helpful to future volunteers so thanks for sharing :-)

We're always pleased to hear volunteers praise the staff on the programs we work with and, based on your account, we will recommend this program to future pre-med students wishing to shadow and learn about the medical field in a different country.

It's wonderful to hear that you explored and enjoyed the many benefits of staying in Buenos Aires; "the Paris of South America" is indeed an apt description.

We wish you all the very best for the future and thanks again for being a fantastic Love Volunteer!

Kathmandu, Nepal

I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience! My problem was that I could only do 2 weeks, so I am unsure about the impact that my help may have had. I worked at a school for the first week, and then spent the second week at a monastery teaching young monks English.
The school were getting ready for exams and the kids were preparing for that. Their level of spoken and written English was good - I was surprised as I am a teacher, and I hadn't expected that. They were from a poor background, but they were all in uniform and took pride in their work and school. They were great fun to work with.
Living at the monastery was another great experience. Just seeing their whole routine was interesting - they were just like normal kids! They had no resources, but I had brought some laminated paper and whiteboard markers, so they had something to write with. Later in the week I managed to buy some exercise books and pencils, so they could start building up a record of the work that they had covered.
Probably the best part of the experience, was meeting such a range of interesting dedicated volunteers from all walks of life - both young and old (me!) - I was so impressed with them! I would certainly do it again!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 28, 2016 at 5:57 PM

Hi Steve,
    Thanks so much for this wonderful review of our programs in Nepal.
    Be assured that your 2 week contribution made a real difference! You were able to help the children prepare for exams and provided much needed resources. I can also see that your presence alone made the children happy.
    Isn't it wonderful to see how keen these kids are to learn!
    Thanks again for taking this opportunity and we wish you all the very best for the future.

A special trip

I volunteered in the nursery care program for abandoned babies and fell in love with Tirana. The last weeks have been wonderful. The people I have met, the babies, all the kindness from everyone and the charm of Albania made this trip very special! Thanks a lot!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi Maren,
    Lovely to hear about your wonderful experience volunteering on our program in Tirana.
    Thanks so much for contributing to this worthwhile cause and all the best for your future endeavors.

School Rennovation in Koh Samui

Working with Love volunteers was amazing! They were so helpful from start to finish throughout the whole program. During my experience in Koh Samui, I really got to learn about the culture, customs, and the needs of the community.

I've found it incredibly inspiring witnessing how others live so happily with bare essentials;even businesses are operated right out their homes. It's no question why this land is known as "the land of smiles." Even in the toughest situations a smile remains on their faces. In Thailand, they live off of "Thai-time"-which means going with the flow. Most classrooms take place on the bare floors outside. No rooms, no desks, no pens... Just floorspace.

For building and repairing their educational needs, we've utilized sand and hoes to make cement by hand. A task that's taken weeks to do would take hours using machines but this is how they live- happily going with the flow.

If there is one thing I've learned there is to appreciate life as it comes. Not stress on details or solutions, rather take every moment in as it is.

I would definitely recommend Love Volunteers if you're looking for an opportunity to travel and give back to the world!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 21, 2016 at 4:59 PM

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this fantastic review and give future volunteers an insight into "Thai-time".

Isn't it fantastic to see how happily people manage with what we think of as the bare necessities of life.

Volunteers need to learn to 'go with the flow' when on placement and it sounds like you totally mastered this ability as well as being open to the local way of life and making the most of what was available and appreciating the little things in life.

Thanks for being an awesome volunteer in Koh Samui!

Amazing experience in Bosnia with LV

It was so exciting to be part of this amazing program, attended by over 250 children and their families. I still wish I spoke and understood lokalni jezik (the local language) better, but I will try to keep learning and studying back in England. Anyhow the children reminded me that there are other ways to communicate and that the language of sharing smiles and friendship is universal. Thank you for letting me be involved!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 16, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Thank you for being involved Sarah!

We're really pleased you mentioned the language challenges. We encourage volunteers to have at least the basics of the local language as it makes for a much more rewarding experience for everyone involved.

Of course not everyone has the time (or the natural aptitude) to learn a new language in a small space of time and the most important thing to take away on a volunteering placement is a willingness to learn; to try even when things are challenging and to be flexible and ask for help when it's needed.

All the best for the future. We'd love to have you back on the team again!

My volunteer experience

There is not enough room on any page or enough words in any dictionary to fully describe my experience with Love Volunteers and their local team in Bolivia. Last year I volunteered with the Community Development project through LV and this year I came back for more! This is an organization that I love and has such a special place in my heart. The children, the other local staff, volunteers have all shared the best times with me in Cochabamba, and I am eternally grateful for the blessing and privilege of having worked there. It is an amazing project, and although small, the vision is big! It is an experience that will allow you to learn so much about yourself and others in such a short amount of time! You will surely grow, laugh, have frustrations, smile, dance, eat, eat, and eat and gain a new perspective on some things of life! If you are creative, are ready to take initiative, give input and new ideas, and have fun while being willing to have an open-mind and put others before yourself, and ready to be blessed with a very unique experience, I highly encourage you to consider being part of this wonderful project!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 16, 2016 at 4:04 PM

Wow, we're humbled by your enthusiasm for helping others - and life in general!

Thanks so much for being an absolutely amazing volunteer on this incredibly worthwhile program in beautiful Bolivia.

The attributes you list: creative; initiative; open-minded; putting others before yourself; ready for a unique experience.....

These are the most important characteristics any volunteer can have!

Thanks again,

Fascinating and rewarding

My experiences in Mongolia were fascinating and rewarding. I was at the Orphanage Centre for a week where 75 children ranging from 2 years to 18 years are cared for. I created a Zumba class for the teenaged girls or some sewing projects. I also started making bed covers for one of the girls' dorm rooms, which co-volunteers were continuing after I departed. I am grateful to you for all the help you gave and will likely be in touch for other Love projects at another time.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Dear Suzanne,

Wow, what an impact you had in Mongolia! It's wonderful to hear you used your initiative and skills to set up activities for the girls that will enrich their lives. We're sure they particularly loved the Zumba classes!

We're so pleased to hear they will be continuing the sewing lessons as this is a valuable skill to have and will help them to save (or even make) much needed funds.

We would absolutely love to have you on any one of our programs in the future so stay in touch!

GO for it!!

Going to a different country, living with people you have never met before can be a bit intimidating, but by the time one realizes the experience he is about to live, everything changes. People in Guatemala made us feel like we are at home. The Love Volunteers local team are very welcoming and the staff are very helpful with everything you might need. Our host family treated us exactly like family. Guatemala is a beautiful country which deserves to be both explored and helped by volunteers. I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Hi Symeon,

It always brings a smile to our faces to hear about our volunteers having such amazing and rewarding experiences all over the world.

We constantly get feedback about how awesome the host families are and how they make volunteers feel so welcomed.

Thanks for promoting this wonderful program and for contributing in such a meaningful way!

The Team @ Love Volunteers

I will never forget this experience!!

Living in the bush of Australia, surrounded by such amazing creatures, was like living a dream. The people I met were amazing, most having dedicated their lives to saving the lives of the rescued animals. They raise the precious animal orphans so that they can be released back into the wild when they are old enough and can take care of themselves. I'm so very happy and proud to have been there and experienced this project, if only or a for a short while. What a journey! I will miss it so much!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Hi Claudine,

What a wonderful experience! We're so pleased to have been able to help with this life-changing journey.

Thanks so much for lending a hand in Australia and being a part of the important work with animals.

We wish you all the best for the future and would welcome you back on the team anytime!

The Team @ Love Volunteers

Working with children in orphanages

My experience at the orphanage was phenomenal. Even though I was immersed in a different country's values, working with the children further reinforced how similar kids' behaviors are across different cultures. The orphanage was really nice and the children were delightfull
I fell in love with Cusco , the city is amazing and i felt really safe.
I had the priviledge to stay with a great Peruvian family, the where awesome, i felt like at home and nowadays we are still in touch.
I highly recommend this experience.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 07, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Hi Cecilia,

Wow, what a wonderful insight into volunteering in Cusco!

We love your comments about children being just the same all around the world :-)

Volunteers often have concerns before they travel about the safety of various locations and it's always great to see comments directly from volunteers such as yourself, (which we hear again and again) about how safe they feel on placement

We work diligently with our trusted local partners to ensure volunteers feel safe and are as comfortable as possible (taking into account the deprivation the and lack of facilities in most of the volunteering locations). It's great to hear we are succeeding.

Working with Kids in Mombasa

At first, given recent terrorist events this year, I was a little afraid to go to Kenya for this program.
I considered switching to another country.

I'm so glad I didn't. This was a life changing experience. The kids are so fun to be around and they are very appreciative to the time and energy you can devote to them. Especially in Kenya right now, there are not many volunteers coming in because of people are scared. But, media and TV makes it sound far worse than it really is.

The irony is that I felt completely safe the entire time. Everyone was extremely friendly and warm.

I'm a beach person so I loved Mombasa as it sits right on the Indian ocean. I took the kids to the beach almost daily. We went swimming, taught them American football, ate amazing food and drak from Coconuts under the shades of Palm trees. I will never forget this place and I have plans to go back and visit the kids next July.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review March 10, 2016 at 4:32 PM

Hi Aaron,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your volunteering experience with others.

You are not alone in your fears about safety when travelling and it's fantastic to hear, time and time again, that volunteers find their safety fears unfounded.
    Kenya continues to be a popular destination for our volunteers and we hope that many more, like yourself, have an amazing time and enrich the lives of indigent Kenyans.

It's fantastic to hear you are going back to Mombasa to re-connect with the program in July. All the best!

Teaching in Koh Samui, Thailand

Love Volunteers is a great company to have volunteered through. I enjoyed every second of my 3 weeks teaching English. I could not have asked for a better program or group of people to have discovered one of the most amazing countries in the world amongst. The cultural immersion taught me so much about the world and myself. If you are considering doing this program, I guarantee you will bring back memories that you will never forget!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 24, 2015 at 6:08 PM

Hi Becca! Thank you so much for the review and wonderful recommendation. We are so glad that you enjoyed your placement with us on beautiful Koh Samui Island, and that you clearly truly embraced the opportunity to be immersed in the Thai culture. We hope to have you back on the team soon!

Zambia - The Real Africa

I was part of Love Volunteers' efforts in Zambia and can't stress enough how great the experience was. Before finding LV I looked into other organisations like African Impact, which I almost signed up for. Not to discredit AI, but I am pleased with my choice. LV actually gives all the proceeds (except admin. fee) to the local NGO on the ground. Although I was a little scared since we were the first LV volunteers for this NGO everything went smoothly! I was picked up and dropped off at the airport. At the camp I had a nice chalet with mosquito nets, pillow, shower, toilet and light. The food was outstanding, plus you get unlimited drinking water.

The NGO in Zambia does a lot for the community in terms of building homes, administrative work and grocery shopping for the elderly home, employ locals, help the hospital when necessary, provide volunteers and supplies to the preschool and so much more. You know that the locals appreciate the work of the local NGO because they treat you with respect and always smile at you. The locals I met had nothing but good things to say about the effects of the NGO.

After four weeks in Zambia I've left with new friends, memories and renewed passion for people. If you can I suggest staying at least two weeks volunteering.

PS. Love Volunteer's local partner organization also offers safari trips to Botswana. I didn't do it but the other volunteer enjoyed every second of it.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review September 14, 2015 at 7:10 PM

Hi Tracy. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderfully concise and insightful review. We are very proud of the wonderful programs we offer in Zambia, and of our amazing partners in this country who's passion for their local communities shines through in not only the wonderful work they are doing, but in how they receive and host valued international volunteers such as yourself. Thank you for the all the hard work and effort you put into your service placement, and for choosing LV :)