Healthcare and Medical Programs in Nepal
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Healthcare and Medical Programs in Nepal

One of the best experiences in my life

I was a medical volunteer in Fewa City Hospital in Pokhara, Nepal.
I am a pre-med graduate from Denmark meaning that I had no previous hands-on experience.
But I still got to observe, participate and help so many people. It was wonderful, challenging, educational and eye-opening. I learned so much about medicine, medicine in a Third World country and the Nepali culture. Words cannot describe how much I learned and developed, I enjoyed this so much. But it should be noted that this particular volunteering program is not for those who are afraid to ask questions and take initiative. Your learning and participation is your own responsibility. Noone will be there to hold your hand and explain everything to you. You must ask questions, study at home to understand the cases better, engage yourself and put in the time. The more you give, the more you get!

• Love Volunteers responded to this review May 06, 2018 at 5:22 PM

Dear Mikela,

What a treat to have worked with you on this placement. Your passion and commitment to the program were outstanding and it has been amazing to share in your journey and experiences.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and advice with future volunteers in this review. There is nothing better than first-hand accounts to prepare volunteers and your candid and detailed comments will be sure to inspire and encourage others.

Thanks again, so much, for everything. We wish you all the very best for your medical studies and career and hope to have you back with us again.

The Team @ LV