Community Development Program in Cambodia
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Community Development Program in Cambodia

Opportunity to be part of the solution

I had a wonderful time in Cambodia working with an NGO which provides support to rural communities to adopt sustainable farming practices. Everyone I met was friendly and appreciative, ranging from the manager of the NGO I worked with to the fellow volunteers living at the volunteer accommodation. I had plenty of free time to explore Cambodia and have some experiences I would never have at home.

• Love Volunteers responded to this review April 11, 2018 at 5:38 PM

Hi John,
    It's fantastic to see how rewarding your time spent on this program was; both for you and for the communities you were assisting through the work of the NGO in Phnom Penh.
    Cambodia is such a special place and captures of the heart of all who visit. The desire to help is felt by many and you and volunteers before and after you are making a very real difference in bringing about the gradual change that's been occurring post genocide.
    Thank-you from all of us at Love Volunteers and our partner in Cambodia.

Experience of A lifetime

My 10 weeks in Cambodia was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I was able to contribute in a community and pass on my business knowledge to hopefully sustain further employment amongst the local people in Battambang. What I received in return was a community of people that welcomed me with open arms and for that I will forever be greatful! I also cannot thank Love Volunteers enough for their ongoing support before and throughout the project. Nicole was always there to support me whenever I needed anything. Thank you from the bottom of my heart xx

• Love Volunteers responded to this review January 01, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Hi Heather,

It was our absolute pleasure to assist with your placement on our Community Development program in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.

I loved hearing your updates about the work you were doing with the local team setting up local businesses and training local staff.

Working with volunteers like you is what it's all about! Thanks a million for putting so much into your placement and I can tell that you got as much out of it as you gave.

Hope to welcome you back on a placement again in the near future. All the very best with everything.

The Team @ Love Volunteers