ISA Study Abroad in Stirling, Scotland
ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants ISA (International Studies Abroad) participants

ISA Study Abroad in Stirling, Scotland

A Stirling Scottish Program

Stirling is an excellent program for anyone seeking to experience non-tourist Scotland. Its central location permits you to travel often, and it's not as touristy or busy as Edinburgh or Glasgow. The academics are mild but interesting and the campus is quite nice. There is easy access to the Ochil Hills and Hermitage Woods for hiking or jogging during the day, and the town is only a short bus ride away. I'd definitely recommend going.

An American Immersed in Scottish Culture

Stirling, Scotland proved to be a perfect central location for travel and culture as an American student and intern. During my time here I was able to adjust to the community easily and adventure outside the university and Stirling in my free time. Overall the size, friendly people and location of Stirling made for an amazing abroad experience!

Awesome

Had an amazing time during my study abroad, had no issues or concerns that couldn't be fixed by ISA. Mike was great as well and gave great tips on what there was to do around Scotland. He had a lot of knowledge on the country and it was nice learning from him things that we didn't learn from the locals or during our classes.

Summer abroad

I attended the Stirling International Summer School during this past summer in 2016. I was there for two months, for the Summer 1 Block and the Summer 2 Block. I attended all of the excursions planned by ISA as well as by the University of Stirling's ISS. The housing was incredible! We stayed in Beech Court, with the traditional flat style with varying residents per flat, and everyone got their own individual bathroom! Mike Kurtyka our program director was stellar! He was so helpful and planned so many events for us - I felt lucky to be able to depend on him! Classes were great, the school week was from Monday-Wednesday. I absolutely LOVED my experience traveling through ISA and being able to attend the University of Stirling. Definitely recommend Stirling and ISA!

Study abroad 2016: My favorite summer

Amazing program with amazing people! I really became connected with the culture and stepped out of my comfort zone while being in Scotland. Truly an incredible experience and would definitely come back in a heart beat!

Stirling summer 2016

This program is absolutely a must-do! My study abroad experience in Stirling was definitely one of the best experiences of my life. Stirling is the perfect location- close enough to both Edinburgh and Glasgow for day trips and also to the Highlands! Stirling itself is a smaller, quaint town but has everything you would need and more! There are many restaurants for going out to eat, a shopping mall, the Stirling Castle, other sight seeing destinations, with very friendly people. Every time I went into town I discovered some place new! The University is small but beautiful, with many things to do during the day- walk around the loch, hike to the top of Dumyat, take a bus into town and explore Stirling- never a dull moment! The classes were small and had great excursions that emerged the students deeper into the Scottish culture. The dorm rooms we stayed in were updated and very comfortable- with a shared kitchen and your own private room and bathroom. And Mike the program director is super helpful with anything you need! He also plans a few of his own day excursions for the ISA group! Stirling became a second home to me and I couldn't recommend it enough to anyone thinking of going!!

Stirling spring 2016

This program was an awesome experience! The process was incredibly easy to follow, and the staff at ISA were very helpful with pretty much anything you needed, especially the resident director. Not only was Scotland itself amazingly beautiful and full of all the hiking and scenery you could ever want, it was also very close to the mainland for weekend trips to Prague/Budapest/Spain, whatever strikes your fancy! 10/10 would recommend.

Summer in Stirling

This program was excellently organized and contained every aspect of Scotland that I would hope to see and experience. The help on site was fantastic and worked extensively to make sure everything was always running smoothly. Best experience of my life!

Best month of my life!

I signed up for the Stirling summer program and spent my month exploring Scotland, taking in the sights, and making new friends who were both fellow students and locals alike. While you can certainly expect to spend a good amount of time in class and working on assignments (although the exact amount seems to depend on the courses), you will spend way more experiencing everything Stirling has to offer. Everything from the local shops and cuisines, to friendly pubs and historical sites, there's something for everyone. And if Stirling isn't enough, there are multiple excursions that take you all over Scotland. Glasgow, Edinburgh, Loch Ness, St. Andrews, and more are waiting to be seen.

All of the ISA staff were friendly and helpful as well, introducing students to the new culture and doing everything to ease us in. I felt at home in no time at all. If you're considering this program but have any doubts, I urge you to take the opportunity. Going abroad can feel intimidating, I know, but this was definitely a month that I already look back on with nostalgia, despite only half a year having passed at the time of this writing. I will never forget the experience, and hope I can one day visit Stirling again.

Amazing summer in Scotland!

I had an incredible time with my ISA Program in Stirling, Scotland! Not only were the classes small and inclusive, but the campus is beautiful and provides great access to resources and the rest of the city. Mike was a great program director that gave us plenty of support and insight, but also let us explore and enjoy the cities on our own. The excursions were enjoyable and allowed us to see many different areas of Scotland. Amazing program, and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Austin's review

Awesome program! Lots of fun and the classes were great. Excursions we're exciting and educational. Mike the program director was super helpful and the immersion into Scottish culture was great. Did not have a day to be bored.