Photographers and Movie Producers
IPBio- Biodiversity Research Institute Header Image IPBio- Biodiversity Research Institute Header Image

Photographers and Movie Producers

The life of volunteers at IPBio through the lens of my camera

I spent three weeks at the biodiversity research center IPBio, which is located in the middle of the beautiful atlantic rainforest. My task as volunteer was, to take picturest (and also some videos) of the daily life and the projects of the other volunteers. For example the tree inventory, the bioluminescent mushroom project, bioaccoustic, tadpole project, gardening, reserve maintenance, bird ecology etc. Beside their volunteer projects I captured also the weekend activities. As the reserve is surrounded by amazing nature their are many nice things to do. We visited a lot of caves (the region is also called the cave capital of Brazil), waterfalls, went hiking, Boia Cross, BBQ,... I totally enjoyed every day I spend at IPBio and can highly recommend to come here! And if you have the possibility, stay longer than I did ;)

IPBio was amazing

The volunteer program at IPBio was an absolute joy to be part of. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The center is well equipped and all necessary utilities are found on site. The Vale do Ribeira region is breathtaking and offers plenty of activities when off work. Research and work here puts you in touch with nature and helps one form an understanding of the challenges we face in preserving the health our world for future generations. I highly recommend a volunteer experience at IPBio.