Fundraising and Communications Coordinator
IPBio- Biodiversity Research Institute Header Image IPBio- Biodiversity Research Institute Header Image

Fundraising and Communications Coordinator

Volunteer coordinator & communications coordinator

I had an excellent time working at IPBio. My work was varied, and I was able to help in different areas across the reserve. I helped to facilitate the reserves amphibian research program wherein I hiked across the reserve weekly doing field work. In addition, I updated the reserves volunteer package and helped to produce several informational packages. Living at the reserve was very comfortable, and on the weekends we engaged in numerous activities including: exploring caves, hiking to waterfalls, tubing down rivers, and much more. Overall, my time at IPBio could not have been better spent. I met some incredible people from all over the world and learned a lot. The landscape was stunning, and the rainforest unforgettable.

2 months at the Betary Reserve

I’m spending two months at the Betary Reserve helping with Communications and also doing market research and helping with maintenance on the physical reserve. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the reserve. The local town of Iporanga is small and full of friendly faces and warm people. Although I did not speak any Portuguese before coming here, I’m picking it up thanks to the weekly lessons from my wonderful teacher. Evenings are peaceful and some nights I go into town for dinner or to hang out.

On the weekends there is plenty to do if you are the adventurous type. Whether it is going on a hike, exploring caves, going to some of the local communities, camping, going to town for different events, or simply curling up with a book or movie, weekends are very enjoyable. IPBio definitely seeks to support its volunteers and I highly recommend coming here!