Volunteer in Special Needs/Childcare in Peru - Lima

Volunteer in Special Needs/Childcare in Peru - Lima

My amazing time in the Childcare program in Lima, Peru.

I first volunteered with IVHQ in 2016. After my first experience, I knew that I had to do it again. I chose to travel to South America this year, specifically Lima, Peru. Going in, I had no real expectations except to go in with an open mind and an open heart. My time in the childcare program was unbelievable. I got to interact with teenage moms, their babies and the staff. Everyday I went into work feeling so blessed and excited to share my skills but also to learn new skills from the girls. Everyone was so kind and helpful every step of the way. I ever felt unsafe or unwanted. I also really loved my volunteer house. By the end of my two weeks, I had gotten to know my fellow volunteers so well that I felt like I was leaving best friends behind. Volunteering both times with IVHQ have left me feeling so blessed and grateful to get the opportunity to experience something like this on my lifetime. I always recommend the organization to my friends and family because I want them to experience all the great things I did. I will without a doubt be signing up with IVHQ for a third time, I am in love with them.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 13, 2017 at 2:42 PM

Hi Ashley, Thanks for your great review! It has been awesome to have you join us in Lima and we are so happy to hear that you had another inspiring and gratifying experience. Thanks for recommending IVHQ and we can’t wait to have you join us again!
    Lachlan – IVHQ Peru Lima Program Manager

I will never be the same

Going to Lima, Peru put a lot into perspective. The orphanage experience had an incredible impact on my life. I would recommend volunteering abroad to anyone any age. It is a great work to experience new things while at the same time making a positive difference.

If its even a blimp in your mind, just do it and make it happen!

Thanks IVHQ for helping me make it happen

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review July 06, 2015 at 10:48 PM

Hi Marcades, No problem! We are glad that your 2 weeks volunteering in Peru - Lima was such a positive experience. We hope to see you back on another IVHQ program at some point soon.