Volunteer in Construction and Renovation in Guatemala

Volunteer in Construction and Renovation in Guatemala

Trip of a lifetime

My 2 week adventure to Guatemala far exceeded my expectations! First and foremost, iVHQ was beyond thourough in every aspect. No questions were left unanswered and nothing was left unsaid. They did a wonderful job at providing essential information and details regarding any expectations, making it very comfortable to trust I would be taken care of upon arrival. The people of Guatemala through my experience we lovely. The work I did was genuinely appreciated. What I got in return, irreplaceable. I was warmly welcomed into the homes and work places that I visited. I became a fixture in these peoples daily lives. My walk to the bus station, my seat on the bus, where I stood in line, shopping in the local markets etc. Not once did I feel threatened or unsafe. It's like anywhere else you go in the world. Always be aware of your surroundings, respect the lifestyle, open your mind and heart, and give what you want in return. Lend a helping hand and experience this yourself. You will touch many lives and in turn your life will be forever changed!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review October 02, 2014 at 1:26 PM

We are so happy to hear that your experience volunteering with IVHQ in Guatemala exceeded your expectations. We hope to have you volunteer with us again in the future.

Construction in San Mateo

For the last two weeks of my time in Guate, I worked at a construction project, 15 min outside of Antigua. We mixed cement and concrete, we laid bricks, and built rebar. It was really awesome! I'm not a construction worker- I'm far from it, but I really wanted to help create something that can be used for a long time, and to helpful in anyway that I could. The program was super organized and really cool! Everyone here is really nice and friendly! I highly recommend this program to anyone who is willing to work hard for a rewarding experience!