Volunteer in Childcare Work in Guatemala

Volunteer in Childcare Work in Guatemala

Unforgettable experience

I went to Guatemala for 7 weeks to volunteer in childcare. Before going I was unsure what to expect and I was nervous as I had heard stories that Guatemala wasn't safe but the moment I arrived I was picked up and transferred to where I would be staying in a house with 14 other volunteers! I immediately made friends and the company organising everything was very helpful! The childcare program was amazing and I helped out after school teaching maths, English and crafts! I never felt unsafe and I travelled around Guatemala on the weekends. If someone ever felt ill at my house the company would send a doctor around to help out and prescribe medicine! Overall I had the best time of my life and I am definitely returning soon!

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review February 08, 2016 at 1:07 PM

Hi there, we’re so glad to hear that you felt safe and supported during your time as an IVHQ volunteer in Guatemala. We’d love to have you volunteer again with us soon!