Volunteer and Work with Women in Morocco

Volunteer and Work with Women in Morocco

An experience that taught me more than I could ever imagine!

Volunteering with IVHQ was an amazing experience. From getting picked up from the airport, which is very reassuring, to being supported by the organization all along the way and meeting other great volunteers, the experience was indescribable. Teaching women with very different levels of English and French was quite a challenge, however it taught me a lot as well. Also, having the choice to join different programmes along the way (the programme I did was very similar to others) was great as you could decide if you prefer volunteering a lot (ie. 5 to 6 hours a day) or only the mornings/afternoons, for example. That allowed me to balance my time well. Living in a host family was the best way to be really integrated into the culture. Overall the contacts I have made and the new friends I have met, as well as the impact the work had on the women (some learned the alphabet and numbers in only 2 weeks!) made this trip unforgettable.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review November 23, 2017 at 4:32 PM

Hi Carolie - I'm so happy you enjoyed your volunteer experience in Morocco! The cultural immersion aspect of this program is definitely a highlight for volunteers, and it sounds like you assimilated into your host family and the culture very nicely. I'm glad you felt challenged in your placement but also that you felt you learned something from your time on the placement. Thanks again for sharing your experience!
    Kaila - IVHQ Morocco Program Manager