Kindergarten Volunteering in Bali - Lovina with IVHQ

Kindergarten Volunteering in Bali - Lovina with IVHQ

Just go!

Volunteering abroad had always been an item on my bucket list. I wasn't sure what to expect going into the IVHQ Kindergarten program and doing it by myself as my first solo trip made me a bit more nervous. I did my research and read reviews, some good, some bad, about volunteering abroad and IVHQ. But from the moment the driver picked me up at the airport, to getting to the Lovina house instantly being welcomed by the other volunteers and staff members, to my first few moments in the classroom, I felt right at home. It's amazing how one experience can change your entire life.
The kindergarten kids and the school teachers were beyond welcoming. They loved to learn, dance, sing and play, making every day a great day even while your sweating profusely in the Bali humidity! We had plenty of fun in the 3 weeks I was there and the kids picked up English so quickly! On the weekends, we hiked, swam in waterfalls, played with monkeys, visited different towns, went snorkeling and saw some pretty amazing sights. The other volunteers quickly turning into family.
The hardest goodbyes came when I had to say "See ya later" to my kiddos. They made me a sign and flower headband on my last day, kissing my hand to show their gratitude. Even though I'm the one who was truly grateful. They changed my life more than I changed theirs. I'm already planning my next volunteer trip with IVHQ and would absolutely recommend it to anyone. The only thing holding you back from doing all you want to do in life is yourself and your excuses. So get out there and just go for it! Thank you IVHQ for an amazing experience!