Healthcare Volunteering in Cordoba, Argentina

Healthcare Volunteering in Cordoba, Argentina

Life Changing

I did the Healthcare program in Cordoba for two weeks and it was amazing. Every doctor or nurse I met was so eager to get to know me and help me succeed. I was originally placed in a clinic where I was able to shadow and perform medical assessments with the supervision of the doctors. I was lucky enough to meet a doctor there that also worked in a hospital in the local area, so I arranged it with the program so that I could shadow him at the hospital a couple days as well. I gained so much experience and had a great time. I was even able to help put several casts on patients. For the healthcare program knowing the language is a must.
The accommodations in Cordoba were so welcoming, Jose the house dad, always made us the best dinners and made sure breakfast was made by the time we woke up. He kept the house super clean and made the environment a fun place to be with his great personality. To live in the house you do not need to speak Spanish, there are multiple staff members that speak English that can help you navigate the city and the program you are volunteering with. Even though Jose does not speak much English he communicates very well through body language and facial expressions.

My HealthCare Project!

I really enjoyed my time working in the healthcare project. The paediatrican and the nutritionist I worked with were really friendly and got me very involved in the project.
The schedule suited me perfectly, the walk to the clinic was lovely, and the hospitality provided by staff will never be forgotten.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review May 30, 2017 at 8:42 PM

Hi Lucy, It is great to hear that the project suited you perfectly, with friendly support from the paediatrician and the nutritionist you worked with. Thanks for volunteering with IVHQ!
    Clover – IVHQ Argentina Program Manager