Affordable Childcare Volunteering in Cambodia

Affordable Childcare Volunteering in Cambodia

Best decision of my life

Cambodia was a complete shot in the dark for me, and I am so happy to say that it was also the best thing that ever happened to me. From the locals, to the other volunteers, to the IVHQ weekends, to my placement, to the accommodation, everything was unbelievably amazing. I was placed in New Hope for Orphans in Siem Reap and I can't wait to go back again. Everyday at placement was different and I keep so many great memories. Cambodia changed my life in a way that I will always be thankful for and I really help that other people will give Cambodia the same chance I did. If you want to do an affordable IVHQ program and have an unforgettable experience, Cambodia is the place for you! If you've been thinking about doing something like this, the best advise I can give you is: just go for it!

An unforgettable experience

I had always wanted to volunteer in Cambodia and had planned to do so after completing my university degree, however one night talking about it with family made me stop and think about why should I wait when I could go now? The next 7 months were a crazy journey preparing for the trip of a lifetime! To say this experience was life changing would be an understatement. I lived with the most beautiful, happy and warm host family who provided us with beautiful accommodation and meals everyday. I was placed at LRDE (Le Restaurant De Enfant) and loved every single minute of it. In 3 weeks I was able to make an impact in my placement and build relationships and develop the children's skills as they were all so eager to learn. I learned so much about their culture, and feel so lucky to have been welcomed in to experience it all. I met so many incredible people along the way and have come back to Australia ready to save and do it all over again!

Volunteer childcare placement in Cambodia

The overall experience was amazing. I felt like I was really immersed in the culture and I managed to make close friends with some locals there. The accommodation was great but the food was a bit bland. It was a family home so I respect that they have opened up their home to us. Maybe just a variety of food choices and have the ability to help cook our meals would be great.