170-Hour Online TEFL Class & Lifetime Job Search Guidance
International TEFL Academy students International TEFL Academy students

170-Hour Online TEFL Class & Lifetime Job Search Guidance

• Course Instructor

Informative experience that properly trains you to be a TEFL teacher!

Thanks so much, ITA. The online course was affordable, and I appreciate that I can do a Young Learners/Business English module and have job search guidance for FREE. Thank you to my ITA instructor - she was always there to answer my questions, even on the day of or day before the assignment was due! The information that I have been taught is invaluable and it trains you to be a great TEFL teacher. Also, I can draw up lesson plans faster than what I can 11 weeks ago. Thanks for everything, ITA!

A Complete Package

This program gives you everything: job search guidance, practical experience, a great curriculum, and an amazing staff of instructors and advisers ready to help at any time! The assignments and readings give you a clear perspective of what to expect and help prepare you for when you finally start teaching.

A Great Way to Learn

As someone who's education and job experience has nothing to do with the education of others, it was daunting that I were to teach myself something completely different and prepare myself to teach abroad. This program has given me more insight than traditional research and gathered testimonies has. The advising I received prior to my enrollment was the biggest help and I felt no pressure to make any expensive decision. They even helped me with some financial options that worked with me. I really enjoyed my time learning about teaching English abroad through ITA. The flexibility of learning online meant that I did not have to change my work schedule at all and I was able to keep my social commitments as well as do my readings and assignments. I would recommend this program to anyone who was interested in obtaining a TEFL certification.

• Course Instructor

It's worth the investment!

TEFL will provide you with the necessary skills to teach anywhere around the world, along with the guidance to find a teaching job. ITA will be there in the beginning until whenever you need them. Very supportive!

• Course Instructor

Best thing I could have done

I have years of experience teaching abroad; both business English and oral English to intermediate-to-advanced level students....but I wish I could have taken this course years ago - it would have saved me SO much misery! Seriously, this course taught me things I thought I already knew, things I didn't know, and things I'm GLAD to know. The instructor (Wayne Walker) was so knowledgeable; it was like .. everything I questioned, he covered (or had an answer for in his personal feedback to my submissions). He gave me little pointers to tweak things to make them more efficient for the students.
I am so happy I took this course...best thing I could have done to continue my career of ESL.

ITA is reliable

ITA staff has great and efficient communication and they work for you! They answer all of your questions in depth and in a timely matter if communication is via email. They are very knowledgable and well informed and all instructors have real world experience which they are all more than willing to share with you! The content is interesting and the work is helpful for real classroom experience because it helps to build lesson plans around ESL. I loved the staff and they were great and I have nothing but great things to say about them because they were ever so helpful and really go above and beyond to help in finding your way through the next steps of your teaching career! Hats off to ITA 10/10 would recommend.

Great!

Really enjoyed this course! Very informative and provided a lot of information. Course was easy to manage and resources were easy to come by as well. I feel confident that my overseas experience will be successful because of this course.

Thank you!

In searching for a meaningful career to provide others with a useful education I really recommend this school. They think of everything and are there with you every step of the way. It is not just a school with instructors and administration is it s community of educators.

No experience

I have not taught English abroad yet. I am just beginning the journey. I am about to complete the online course and will then work on my practicum. After this, I will look to find an assignment abroad.

INTERNATIONAL TEFL ACADEMY EARNS FIVE ***** FROM ME

GREAT PROGRAM TO ENROLL IN . IF YOU WANT YOUR TEFL CERTIFICATE THIS IS THE PLACE TO COME. GREAT CLASSES AND GUIDANCE. IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND SOMETHING THEY PROVIDE PLENTY OF RESOURCES AND HELP. EACH STEP YOU TAKE THERE IS SOMEONE THAT IS THERE WITH YOU.

An Intro to the world

This course provided me with practical step by step approach for lesson planning and understanding EFL learners. It wasn't overwhelming but it was hard work. There were practical things that I learned which will apply later when I am teaching overseas. The course work (reading, exercises, quizzes, lesson planning) all helped to provide the opportunity to travel and teach overseas which is my ultimate goal.

Extremely Helpful

In all honesty, taking the course was an impulse decision but I'm glad I took the leap. The course lays everything out for you from the start so you know exactly what to expect and the coursework was super manageable...even while working two jobs! I also do feel like I got my moneys worth. Each assignment did take time and thought and some outside resources which I know will be incredibly useful moving forward as I take on my first real class. Best advice I have is to join the ITA Facebook groups immediately. I've never been a part of such a kind and helpful community. I've reached out on social media to many strangers now asking questions about the countries they are working in and what the schools are like and every single one of them has gone over and above to help supply information and job search guidance. If you need help with ANYTHING, this is where I'd look first! Overall, great course!!

• Course Instructor

A fantastic online experience!

Hi, my name in Adriana Pinto. I am just finishing my 170 hrs TEFL online certification at the International TEFL academy.
After about 2 weeks of investigation, reading reviews, asking questions to the academies, I found out that ITA was the best option for me because it is an online course, but it does not take a year to complete it. You habe bout 3 months to finish it with the guidance of a tutor and you are in contact with about 12 more students. You can exchange ideas between students and teachers, all the information give is updated, they give you the opportunity to participate in live lectures and as well if you work and can attend to the lectures, then you have the option to see the previously recorded ones.
It has been challenging for me, but very rewarding.
Also, asking you to make a practicum at the end of the course gives you the opportunity to put in practice your teaching theory so is a plus and also gives you teaching hours than in the future will be required when you start looking for a job abroad.

• Course Instructor

The most rewarding course experience ever!

Hi, my name is Adriana Pinto. After I did my research about which TEFL academy to choose, I opted for the International TEFL Academy. I feel super satisfied.
I chose the 170 hrs TEFL course including Practicum + the 30 hours for 2 additional course modules: Teaching Business English and Teaching Young Learners (Optional).
Choosing an online TEFL course with Practicum is a plus. It allows you to put in practice all what you hace learned by teaching in real life.
Also, another difference between ITA and other online academies is that you are part of a group of students, you work together with them and with the guidance of a tutor so it is not a course at your own pace. It is online, but you have to work hard week after week. The good thing is that you get feed back your your tutor and as well of the other students. So definitely I found this challenging and fun at the same time.
Their materials are up to date. They provide easy explanation, but they are very demanding in your quality work.
Another detail that made me decide to study with them is the fact that as I am not an English native speaker, they made me some questions, interviews, made me prepare an essay in order to be sure I could have the required English level in order to suceed in my course before even paying.
The advisor who took my call, answered all my questions and gave me tips and advices of my possibilities of getting hired abroad taking in count my nationality, career, etc.
I recommend you 100% taking the TEFL online course with at the International TEFL Academy.
Wish the the best of the luck!!!

• Course Instructor

Amazing Experience at ITA!

Great course, great instructors and staff! I loved every minute of this online course. I found the course material interesting, the website and online tasks easy to navigate and complete. The course was challenging and you really get what you put in, so try 120%! I would definitely recommend ITA to any friends wanting to travel, go abroad, or even teach English. It really is a worthy class to just try out to see if you like it and if it's the right fit for you. The best part is you don't even need to have prior experience in teaching, though a certain passion for education is required. ITA has inspired me to pursue MATESOL for Master's! I am so grateful for the staff, instructors for showing me that teaching English really is an amazing, inspiring life-long journey! Try it, you won't regret it!

I Actually Feel Prepared

Although I have not started teaching abroad yet, I actually feel prepared to teach now. Before this course I was SO incredibly anxious about holding someone's education in my hands. I feared I would not prepare for their needs or educate my future students properly. After this course I feel prepared to create lesson plans, adapt them, teach my students, and also learn from them. I hope you will consider this course. The price is worth it. This course is also the ONLY one I could find that required observation and student teaching hours, aka real world experience.

120HR TEFL CERT

I really enjoyed taking this course with ITA, the price was fair for the online course. The materials and course curriculum were high quality. The staff were all super helpful as well. I really would have a hard time finding something I didn't like about ITA. Their requirements were very clear to me and the materials provided helped me meet all the teacher standards required by their course. I definitely feel ready to teach on my own and prepare my own classroom in the near future!

Excellent Experience

I am ready to teach and travel! I feel very much prepared for my next life chapter. My TEFL International teacher was knowledgeable, the homework and readings were relevant and I'm so happy that practicum was required. It was a lot of work, but in the end it's worth it.

Flexible

The course was very flexible with my full time work schedule. I felt that I learned a lot from the course even though I already have experience teaching overseas. Course structure was easy to follow. It felt simple to follow through with, but challenging enough to learn from.

TEFL Academy

I have never been an online student, but the online interface made the whole course extremely easy to use. Not only that, but the content was extremely valuable. I have never taken a course on teaching, having received my undergraduate degree in history. So, teaching was definitely new to me. Thankfully TEFL was there to help me through the process and even prepared me and provided me with great resources to help in my job search endeavors. They even provide you with extra course modules following the complete of the course. The 170 hours of coursework definitely set you apart in the job category, giving you more experience and a better looking resume. Even though it is one of the more pricey programs you will find, the experience and knowledge you gain from it will be extremely beneficial in getting that English job abroad. I would definitely recommend TEFL Academy.

Excellent online TEFL certificate

ITA offers an excellent online-based course that will equip you for English teaching. The school is a friendly, accessible institution, from the enrolment advisors who personally call you to discuss the course (even if you live on the other side of the planet, like me) to the course teachers who are available to share their expertise with you. The course material is well-paced and is university-standard. The required practical component ensures you will get some classroom or tutoring practice before graduating. Highly recommended.

Top 5 Reasons To Pick ITA

1. My admissions advisor was ready and willing to answer questions. He shared his own journey of teaching abroad, too!
2. This course is the best mixture of flexibility and preparation.
3. The practicum hours and final project pushed me to grapple with real life teaching dilemmas and seek practical solutions.
4. My professor provided great feedback for all my assignments, helping me better understand how to lesson plan and execute teaching strategies.
5. It comes with two bonus weeks on teaching specialized groups of learners!

Great Experience with ITA

I found the online course to be perfect for me! I got a lot out of it and have a much better understanding of how to create good lessons. I have taught English before and found lesson planning to be so difficult, but now I have a much better grasp.

Not There Yet

I haven't moved abroad yet, but TEFL International Academy has helped me get one step closer to achieving my dream. I look forward to partnering with them in my job search and the future that awaits.

No other choice

I enjoyed my experience with the International TEFL Academy. These guys really know what they're doing from start to finish. having spoken to other people doing their TEFL course through other agencies than the International TEFL Academy. I know I made the right choice. no other agency has the expertise nor do they provide all the service the International TEFL Academy provides.
I will without a doubt recommend the International TEFL Academy to any person that aspire to teach English abroad.