Internships in New Zealand
Intern NZ Header Image Intern NZ Header Image

Internships in New Zealand

Wonderful opportunity!

It was wonderful. The entire team have made me feel so welcome and have helped me completely understand how the branch runs.
Thank you for this wonderful opportunity. Your entire team have made my dream come true. I owe it to you all. Please keep up the wonderful work you have been doing and help students like us pursue our dreams further.

The opportunity of a lifetime!

Intern NZ hooked me up with the absolute best company I could have hoped for. I learned so much and loved the people I worked with. Intern NZ definitely made it easy to connect with the company I wanted to work for, and got me ready for the work force.
New Zealand is full of lovely, accepting, and warm people and I couldn't think of a better place to spend my 3 months. I met some amazing people from all over the world, so I am grateful for the opportunity that was once in a lifetime.

An internship in New Zealand was a great opportunity for me!

An internship in New Zealand has been a great opportunity for me. The Intern NZ team was very helpful and knowledgeable in helping me organise the internship program. Thank you to the team, I have gained the practical experience and working cultures of New Zealand in the professional company which I have expected to work for. I have really enjoyed my internship program. Doing an internship in a finance company has been a valuable chance to improve my skills. Since the internship has provided me large numbers of challenging tasks, they offer me knowledge and experiences to improve my analysis skills, researching skills in the practical fields.

It was a wonderful experience!

It was a wonderful experience with the entire crew. You guys are awesome. :) And loved loved the Christmas Party! Fabbbb It was awesome meeting all the other Interns. I really feel lucky to get an opportunity to work with Datacom. It was an amazing experience with the wonderful project team. Still in touch with them and rocking. :) I really feel proud as an Intern with Datacom and it has opened the horizons for me. I am really thankful to the Intern NZ team for getting me this opportunity. It's not easy, and I really appreciate that.

Hats off to Intern NZ

It was really good working at Prestige IT. The people here with whom I worked are really nice, kind and friendly and good helpers. I have learned quite a lot from them. Even my words are too small to describe how I feel about them. It has been such a pleasure to meet and know them (Intern NZ company and Prestige IT). I want to say that guys come in and discuss with Intern NZ about your problem I am more than 100% sure that they will help you out in every aspect of life to get the best experience. Hats off for you Intern NZ. Thanks to my coordinator Mark and all of the Intern NZ team for their help.

A great experience!

For the internship, we did something I have never done before so it was nice to learn something different. It was great overseas, the country is amazing and there is so much to see. The internship was also food, really nice supervisor and all the people around us were nice and open to help. A great experience.

My internship was an excellent and enriching experience

My internship was an excellent and enriching experience. You are the best. My internship placement was a great learning experience in terms of Operations and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management and Procurement Project Management. My supervisor was great, very supportive and always empowers his team to bring out their best. I gained all the insight about the company where I was interning, prior joining the organisation.

My internship made me feel like part of the team!

The service of Intern NZ is great and I highly appreciate it. They help you find the right company with an exact profile matching your requirements to grow your skills. At my internship placement, I felt like I was part of the team as you have participation and involvement in each new area of the company. The company had built up a food stall at the recent Auckland Food Show at ASB Showgrounds, and taking part of it was a great experience. The information required before my arrival was clear.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful

Everyone was very friendly and helpful and the internship was challenging and a great all round experience.
In my experience, the service was outstanding. Constant contact and all my questions were answered quickly and effectively. Internship placement was found and organized very quickly at an excellent company. No problems with finding accommodation on short notice. Very seamless and reliable service.
Working overseas was a great experience. I met heaps of friendly people and made lifelong friends. The internship role was both challenging and rewarding. I got the opportunity to put my academic skills into practice as well as learn new skills in a fast paced evolving environment. Working at my internship company (and the overseas experience as a whole) helped me form a better idea of what I want to achieve both professionally and personally in life.

I was very happy with the level of personal care that I felt from the InternNZ team!

My internship was everything that I wanted from my internship experience. The staff made me feel so welcomed even before I arrived in New Plymouth, and once I started they really became my friends as much as my co-workers. They made me instantly feel part of the team, and not just an intern. I loved living in New Plymouth and New Zealand in general, it is a very easy and safe place to be, and not to mention beautiful. The team at my company were very open to me making the internship experience about what I wanted to get out of it, and allowed me flexibility within the institution to follow the kind of work that I wanted.
Having coming from Australia to New Zealand I knew that there wouldn't be too many difficulties in adjusting so I wasn't too worried about information to do with the New Zealand way of life and such. In terms of my internship the information I received from both the InternNZ team and the staff at my internship was all that I needed.
I was very happy with the level of personal care that I felt from the InternNZ team.
Everything turned out just as I wanted and was, in fact, better than I expected.

Lucky to work with great and kind people!

I was lucky to work with great and kind people. My internship supervisor was especially helpful and friendly and always provided me with something to do. It was great that I did such a variety of things - writing reports, microscope analysis, lab work, poster design - to name a few. The working environment was fantastic - not strict at all but I could tell the people were dedicated and hardworking.

Great overseas experience!

This internship helped me to gain exposure to overseas experience. Because of my internship experience, I have learnt many strategies in doing business, I have improved my communication skills, negotiation skills while dealing with suppliers, customer service and by providing service to end users in my internship company.
The company supports students to do their internship in a very positive way. They treat students as their employees and give equal importance to them. The managers are very flexible and supportive. They clarify all the queries, that we ask during the internship. I recommend students to do an internship, they will learn more and it will become helpful for their future success.

Intern NZ and Intern OZ

The Intern NZ and Intern OZ Team is excellent, very helpful for students who are searching for experience and knowledge. I am very thankful for the entire team of Intern NZ and Intern OZ who made me success to choose my career path. Thank you so much!

The programme is awesome

I got a real time experience in the networking field. before my internship, I went to many interviews and I feel that I have improved myself now and got good confidence with real-time experience, now I am able to answer any question asked in an interview. Intern NZ is awesome and no need of any improvement, your services are fantastic. I have completed my course, but I didn't know how to configure or testing, etc. after I have done my internship, I got real time experience with routing and switching.

I had a great experience working with Intern NZ

I had a great experience working with InternNZ. Everything was rather seamless. Claire worked very hard to secure me an internship. She was kind and understanding in my uncertainty as a first-time long-distance international traveller. It took some time to find an institution which would be appropriate for my career goals, but she kept on pushing and she certainly delivered. She really went the extra mile, before, during, and after.
This really was an important event in my life. Not everyone gets a Masters in Library Science, so when it was confirmed that I would be an intern at the National Library of New Zealand, I was stunned. I was rather set on Australia at first, but I am so glad that I ended up in New Zealand (I almost think it was meant to be that way). I just fell in love with Wellington and Kiwi Culture. I wouldn't have done anything different. I knew going in that I was going to be the foreigner and I just loved learning at every turn, both on the job and on my own. The actual position at the National Library was very appropriate and allowed me to really get my feet wet in the profession. Everyone there was supportive and helpful and I learned so much. Most of all, I loved what I was doing. Sure, there were some awkward cultural moments, but that is going to be a part of any overseas experience. I knew that going in. Overall, it really was the perfect fit.

I'm absolutely happy with the service

I'm absolutely happy with the Service. I've got the support, I desired and got a timely response. Thank you Claire for an amazing time! My manager was really understandable and supporting. If there was something I would like to learn or to participate on, she supported me as good as possible. Plus my colleagues were really nice and fun to work with. I enjoyed working with Plunket and being in Wellington. It was a absolutely important experience for me concerning my future goals. I'm sad leaving New Zealand.

I think this is a great experience!

My internship was well supervised by my manager. Usually, an intern would do a lot of unwanted job, but my internship helped me to learn many new skills. Maybe language is a little bit of the problem but that didn't affect my communication. I think this experience is great. I am glad that I was arranged this internship with this company. I would advice to open some airport on-field internship, that would be interesting.

My internship in New Zealand

Having an internship in New Zealand, has been an amazing experience. It allowed me to be able to apply the class lectures into practice at the workplace. Intern NZ has always exceeded my expectations at every step of the process.

Working with Pitango

It has been enriching internship experience with Pitango Pty Ltd. I have learnt quite a good number of work processes and made quite a good number of achievements with my supervisor Alastair Campbell. So rewarding that he has offered me a part time role with Pitango with a possibility of going full time in future as well.
All in all great culture, work ethics and empowering.

My internship in New Zealand exceeded my expectations

Truly the only way my experience could have been better is if I was able to stay longer. I was placed at an agriculture research center in the North Island. From day one everyone at my internship was extremely friendly and welcoming to me, some even went out of their way to help me with things going on outside of work. My supervisors were really concerned with giving me a wide variety of experience as well as listening to my interests and tried to allow me to do things related to it. I didn't feel like an intern, I felt like an employee to the company. I was involved in it's issues and was respected and included by everyone in the department.

I was able to travel during most weekends so I wasn't stuck in the same city the entire time. New Zealand is an amazing country with so many opportunities! Life was easy to adapt to in New Zealand. Every place that I traveled seem different from the last. If you can, stay longer than 8 weeks. There is so much to do and see! The only other advice I would give is to try and find your own accommodation, a week in I ended up moving out of the accommodation I was given by InternNZ and found my own. The first place was overpriced, dirty, and far away from everything. I don't really blame the people at InternNZ though because apparently the owners were tearing down the building in a year so they just completely let everything go. But regardless of everything, I still had a great time that I will remember for the rest of my life! I gained so much experience, memories, friendships, and I fell in love with New Zealand. 10/10 would recommend to anyone!

You guys helped me in taking this step

This was my first step into Professional world Intern NZ you guys helped me in taking this step. Internship was way good I learned most of the basic things.Entering into I.T market is very tough nowadays but this internship helped me a lot. Doing Internship in small company has an advantage for gaining knowledge from a to z instead of sticking to one. The experience was very much good and I appreciate all your efforts Thank you guys

The internship gave me heaps of information and training

The internship gave me heaps of information and training. Therefore I just started my own company in Germany while still being in New Zealand.

Apart from the beautiful landscape everybody is aware of, the people and the people's behavior in New Zealand is awesome. Everybody is kind, nice and helpful. That was actually a whole new experience.

I've got a really good experience from my internship

My experience was really good, I had the chance to learn about NZ culture and to work in an English speaking country for first time. In my field, I was able to learn about NZ employment legislation and I had the chance to apply my background in HR in the company.

Overall my internship was flawless

Not only was I able to get loads of valuable real life work experience with my internship, I was able to get to know one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Deciding to do my internship overseas was one of the best decisions of my life. Being able to get a different view of the work I have been doing over the last four years has prepared me for when I begin my professional career. This experience has also given me thoughts of permanently working overseas after graduation.This has been the best well rounding experiences I could have ever imagined. Lastly, I made life long friends from all over the world! Intern NZ did a great job keeping in contact with me throughout my stay in NZ. I was beyond satisfied with the company I was given the opportunity to work for. They went over and beyond to give me the experience I needed to return back to University. I was even given the opportunity to work with LINZ (Land Information New Zealand) and DOC (Department of Conservation) for one week to see the governmental side of my industry.

My experience was great

My experience was great. I was able to be part of the staff, i was involved in many events, i made proposals for the game nights and they listened to me. The internship allowed me to interact with the culture of working and also meet very nice people. I was very lucky to interact as well with sponsors and many different activities throughout my staying there.