Affordable Internships Abroad from US$520 for 2 weeks!
Internship  with Inetrn abroad HQ Internship  with Inetrn abroad HQ

Affordable Internships Abroad from US$520 for 2 weeks!

Life changing

My experience with Intern Abroad HQ was nothing less than amazing. It was an eye opening and life-changing experience for me. Going into the program I had originally planned on volunteering but when I heard you could intern I realized I wanted to do that instead. My plan is to go into Occupational Therapy and this internship was the perfect opportunity and experience for that. Working with underprivileged children and learning disabilities was something I haven’t done before. Seeing how happy they were to be shown love and support from not only the therapist but other volunteers and interns like myself, was a great feeling. Of course, there were some difficult times while I was there, such as communication and transportation because they are much different than what I am used to from back home. However, if you aren’t a little uncomfortable while traveling in another country and immersing yourself in another culture then you wouldn’t be doing it right  It can be scary and overwhelming but what you learn and who you meet in the end is so worth it! I highly suggest working with Intern HQ and gaining the knowledge and amazing experiences in another culture!

My experience while in Antigua

Before learning about Intern Abroad HQ, I'd spent time volunteering with their sister organization, International Volunteer HQ. While in Guatemala for 6 weeks, I was able to combine my work on the program with Intern Abroad HQ's experiential learning program. I've been inclined to keep travel journals in the past, but the guidance provided through the Intern Abroad HQ program really helped to provide structure and insight. Although there were challenges with being in a foreign country, and it especially took some time adjusting to differences (such as a second language, different home-stay environment, etc) the reflections provided by Intern Abroad HQ on things like culture, communication, problem-solving and expectations helped me to adapt and think outside the box.
I'd recommend that other people consider giving these programs a go.