Information Technology spans a wide variety of areas that include but not limited to things such as processes, computer software, computer hardware, and data constructs. In short, anything that renders data, information, or perceived knowledge in any visual format whatsoever, via any multimedia distribution mechanism, is considered part of the domain space known as IT.
The Institute for Global Studies IT internships have two tracks.
In the first track, interns will work with a leading information technology company that works with businesses or is a major department within a large business to fulfill their IT needs and functions.
Interns on the second track will work for a smaller professional organization, typically in ecotourism, social media, environmental conservation, social services, or a topic of interest. Interns will be assigned to their IT department and assist in all the functions that allow them to communicate effectively with clients, the media, and the public.
1. Intern in the Information Technology field in one of a variety of countries.
2. Work with a leading information technology company and fulfill its IT needs and functions.
3. Join a small professional organization and assist it in all the functions that allow it to communicate effectively with clients, media, and the public.
4. Carry out a range of tasks, including installing applications and setting up databases.
5. Receive a letter of recommendation on completion of the program.
This program has no reviews.