Homestay Hindi Language Immersion Program in Jaipur, India
Hindi Hour Header Image Hindi Hour Header Image

Homestay Hindi Language Immersion Program in Jaipur, India

• Facilities

You would definitely want to study Hindi with Shachi Ji!!!

After living in India for many years finally I got frustrated of still not being able to speak hindi! I was lucky to find a full immersion hindi program in Jaipur :) After 3 weeks of being there I am able to communicate in hindi.

I had a very good experience during my home stay with Shachi ji and her family. My 2 favourite teachers - Shachi ji herself and her sister Aditi ji.

Also Shachi ji's husband - Navin ji - is very sweet with the students. He was taking us out for sightseeing, trekking as well as very helpful in finding any specific things to buy in Jaipur (including help in making good deals as a local person with the seller - which for a foreign person in India may not be so easy :)

I really wish to say lots of love and many many thanks to Shachi ji, Navin ji and Aditi ji!

I also wanted to share that...

Shachi ji is very impressive with her teaching skills. She has a lot of mental penetrative fire to understand the language grammar herself as well as to find really efficient tricks to enable the students to grasp it as well as memorise it. BTW Shachi ji also teaches French ( talent for languages runs in this family - her Father spoke 10 languages!!! :)

Aditi ji is so disciplined and dedicated that she will not miss the class with you even if the "house is burning" :) When after some time - when we already became more familiar with each other and talked a little more openly about our private lives - I discovered how busy schedule she has every day - and still she is full of energy, with big smile and enthusiasm - and all that is contaminating :)

You will feel empowered at Hindi Hour School - both the women will make you feel confident, you will get a lot of positive support and confirmation. You will be able to practice your hindi at the dinner time (by the way - food is delicious & healthy!) and if you go out with Navin ji. They all will be speaking slowly at your pace, very clearly pronouncing words.

After being at the Hindi Hour - if you wish so - you can continue the classes once or twice a week on-line. And that eventually over months will make you so fluent that you could even talk about the history, science, politics etc. in hindi.

Wishing to come back to Shachi ji!

Beata
age 35
Polish nationality
Presently living in Himachal Pradesh, India

A great place to start!

As a start in our move overseas to India this was an amazing place for my wife and I to be introduced to a new place, new culture, and new language. As an immersive homestay and language grammar school the two work great together. Shachi is the best grammar teacher we have ever met and has a special gift for teaching. We did the beginner(40 hours) and intermediate course(50 hours) and feel confident in our ability to get around town with our Hindi. As a homestay Shachi and her family have their lives and doors wide open to experience their culture and explore their city along side them. Meeting this family, staying in their home, and learning Hindi from Shachi is a perfect introduction to your cross-cultural adventure!

• Facilities

Hindi learning and a memorable home stay in Jaipur

Shachi is an excellent Hindi teacher: I learnt a lot in just three weeks. She is very good at explaining grammatical concepts clearly, and obviously loves her work. She was very good at coping with students who were at different stages/levels, and very flexible, for example teaching me through transliteration/Roman script only, not minding that I didn’t want to learn devanagri script. The conversation classes with the other teachers complement the grammar input well.

AND the homestay element was really nice: I stayed in Shachi’s home and got to know her charming family really well. And the food was FANTASTIC! My package was Rs. 40000 for 3 weeks inclusive of all.

Best,