Maldives - Sea Turtle Conservation
GoEco volunteers GoEco volunteers

Maldives - Sea Turtle Conservation

I had a wonderful time

I had a wonderful time volunteering and was made to feel very welcome by the staff at the marine centre. When I arrived and found out that I was the only volunteer and that I would have the volunteer house to myself I was very apprehensive however it ended up being a great experience.

This entire experience surpasses my expectations

This entire experience surpasses my expectations in every way possible. I am a student studying marine biology and took this opportunity for the hands on work in the marine centre, which taught me more than any classroom ever could! However, I did not take into consideration the volunteers and permanent marine biologists I would have the pleasure of working aside. The people behind the Atoll Volunteers were outstanding. They made everything about this adventure fun, and I have now not only acquired some new role models in my life, but life long friends as well. I would and will suggest this program to anyone looking for experience with marine life as well as meeting a few amazing humans along the way.

Island hopping and turtle saving!

My experience in the Maldives can only be described with positive words, and wonderful memories. Not only did I learn a huge amount about marine life, I also got to work hands-on with sea turtles everyday. The location is breathtaking, and weekly excursions to uninhabited islands gave us a chance to snorkel on some of the most beautiful reefs in the world. I met some amazing people there and along the way discovered my passion for marine biology and conservation. Releasing turtles, educating the locals on the importance of their well-being, and doing beach cleanup a were only a few of the ways the projects contributed to the amazing country of he Maldives.

Sea Turtle Rehabilitation - Maldives

My experience taking part in this programme through GoEco was so great! Everything was very easy to organise from start to finish and the advice and response time from the GoEco team before, during and after the project was really great. The volunteering experience itself was also amazing. I got to care for sea turtles whilst also making great friends, helping the community and experiencing a completely different way of life. I would recommend it to anyone :)

Best two weeks in my life

In these two weeks, I had the most amazing experience. I can still remember the first time in my life I touched a sea turtle. The job content was so much fun and was different everyday, sometimes I had to cut the food, sometimes I had to measure their length and weight. Although sometimes I got a little tired from the work, watching the sea turtles swimming in the pool made my tired out all gone. Besides the interesting work, excursions were also amazing. We went night fishing, snorkeling on a uninhabited island. I also met a lot of good friends from all around the world from this trip. If I had a chance, I would really want to go back there again!