Volunteer Work in Kenya: Go Volunteer Africa
Go Volunteer Africa Header Image Go Volunteer Africa Header Image

Volunteer Work in Kenya: Go Volunteer Africa

An incredible experience me the greatest opportunity!

My volunteer experience in Kenya was an incredible experience.. Thanks to Go Volunteer Africa, I was able to meet some of the most interesting and influencing people in my life. I've always believed that travel stimulates growth, and Go Volunteer Africa gave me the greatest opportunity. My in country contacts were caring and head office in Uganda was supportive and responsive. I would definitely recommend this experience to those who are missing out.

Incredibly life changing and eye opening experience!

I had an incredibly life changing and eye opening experience with Go Volunteer Africa in Kenya. I didn't know what I would find there or what the experience would even feel like. There was no way for me to prepare for such an exploration, no past event I could reflect on. All I knew was that I had to go because there is more than just the world that I am living in, and that was what I was dying to see.
I have done some previous travel to different countries, but never for longer than two weeks so a month seemed scary at first. The Ugandan based office staff was extremely helpful and made me feel comfortable and supported throughout the process. The in-country support was also great. I loved cooking with my host family, learning recipes and songs in Swahili and really getting a honest look at life in Kenya. I also liked that we had time on weekends to hangout and really explore the area. I felt safe the entire time. I really enjoyed working with the kids and liked that Go Volunteer Africa is African based and had long standing relationships in country so the programs were sustainable. Overall very rewarding and I’ll take this time abroad with me in life forever.