Volunteer with Children in Kenya
Global Dental Relief Header Image Global Dental Relief Header Image

Volunteer with Children in Kenya

Our first trip with more to come

This was our first trip with Global Dental Relief. Our trip leaders, Katy and Peter were amazing. They were very organized and kept us informed. I felt safe with them and trusted their guidance. I've been on many mission trips. This was my first dental trip. I had some apprehension about assisting a dentist. The dentists and staff were great teachers and helped me ease into the position. I was deeply moved by the students we served. The need in Kenya is great and we were able to serve hundreds of students. The safari was a dream come true. I live on a farm with lots of wildlife. To see African wildlife in their native habitat was more than I imagined. GDR is doing marvellous work and I intend to join another trip.

Out of Africa

In the Kikuyu region outside Nairobi is a village called Karen for Baroness Karen von Blixen, aka Isak Dinesen. You'll get to see her house and relive the movie on one of your days off. Nairobi is at a higher altitude and drier weather than along the coast and is, therefore, quite comfortable to work in. The clinic is held in conjunction with the local dental clinic and the assistants are well trained. There is a safari option afterward altho I opted to fly to Mombasa on the coast and explore there. Again, all my arrangements were made by GDR at my request.