Intensive French Courses
ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image

Intensive French Courses

• Facilities

Nothing but great memories!

The most wonderful teachers and administrators you can ask for. From walking your through visa requirements to keeping you informed about all the cultural events happening in the city, ELFI, places the student experience a #1 priority.

The teachers are super knowledgeable and friendly. Incorporating many different learning techniques to ensure every student can benefit from their natural way of learning. What I really appreciated is that you will rotate through teachers every couple weeks so to benefit from different teaching styles as well as regional accents.

The classroom sizes are between 8 - 10 students making it dynamic, but also intimate. The classrooms themselves are clean and well furnished.

Be prepared to be offered lots of tea during breaks and to have to play a game of hide and seek with the owners' adorable daughter.

In all I highly recommend ELFI for their teaching style, the friendly environment and the endless laughs I shared with new friends.

Great place to learn French

ELFI is one of the best places in the area to learn French. I followed French courses at ELFI for about 6 months and I am extremely satisfied with the results. When I started I had some very basic grammar knowledge and was not able speak French at all. Now I can make a proper conversation in French without feeling shy or intimidated. Each class has fewer than 15 students and therefore there is a personal relationship between the teachers and the students. The management is very attentive, flexible and always tries to help. I would recommend ELFI to any new student that wants to learn French efficiently, in a nice and friendly environment.

Great school!

ELFI is a small school with warm welcoming. The teachers are kind and patient. They put lots of effort to teach the students. The staff is kind and very helpful. I'm sure you will enjoy your study there.

• Facilities

I strongly recommend ELFI!

I took French classes with ELFI from April until June 2017 as part of my preparation for the DELF level B2. I passed the exam with a satisfactory mark and was very happy overall. ELFI is a small school so you get to know the professors pretty well. Also the administrators are friendly and promote a relaxed atmosphere. They offer 3 hour courses, with AM (9 to 12) or PM (2.15 to 5.15) sessions. It is the best value and you get the most out of your money/investment. No textbooks required in advanced classes, although they rely on Alter Ego+ series for the most part, and photocopies of any exercises are provided daily. I would strongly recommend ELFI for anyone looking to learn French in Geneva.

• Facilities

Learning at ELFI was a great experience for me

ELFI is a great place to learn French. The classes are small (approx 15 students per class) and the teachers are really skilled and dedicated. This means that the teachers really get to know the students and understand their personal goals, abilities and progression in learning. The pace of learning is quicker than many other schools but that means that your French communication skills develop faster than most. You will need to review lessons at home, though, as there will be plenty of content coming your way every day. The city of Geneva is vibrant, really international but also quite expensive. One of the hidden benefits of going to a school like ELFI is being able to share tips on how to make the most of your time in Switzerland with other students. The admin is friendly and supportive and offered me plenty of help and advice regarding visas, insurance and other useful bits of information to help me settle. They are also open to discuss any issues that might affect your learning progression. My overall experience at ELFI was great and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn French in Switzerland.

• Facilities

Learning French with ELFI!

I took French classes with ELFI from October 2016 until May 2017. When I arrived, I was at DELF level A2 and very nervous when speaking in public; when I finished, I was almost DELF level B2 and could speak with much more confidence. My oral and reading comprehension also approved. ELFI is a small school so you get to know the professors and the administrators in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Everything is immersive - they speak to you in French from Day 1! I would strongly recommend ELFI for anyone looking to learn French in Geneva.

Commitment gives rewards!

I studied at ELFI for six months and as well as making a lot of progress with my French, after years of neglect!

Advanced exam preparation

I came to Geneva to study for the DELF B2 exam. ELFI is very conveniently situated by the main train station. The atmosphere is lovely, very friendly and supportive. My teachers were excellent and provided both a high standard of formal instruction and lots of friendly conversation about events in the local area. The administration was highly efficient and extremely helpful - they were even able to advise me on enrolling for the actual exam. I very much enjoyed studying here and would definitely recommend it.

Studying French at ELFI

I studied at ELFI from August 2016 to March 2017. I really enjoyed my time at the school and feel that my French improved quite a lot as a result of the course. I found the administration to be very clear and direct. The teachers were wonderful and extremely helpful.

• Facilities

If you want to improve your French, I strongly recommend to take a intensive course at ELFI!

My experience in Geneva was better than I could have ever imagined.
I had the pleasure to study in an amazing school with the best location in Geneva.
Inside is a bit tiny, but you can find everything that you need.
Excellent teacher and staff. Always care about you and will help with any problem you have. I liked the method of teaching.
The school's approach is entirely different to some others that I am used to finding. I started my French from scratches and them I learned grammar, conjugation of verbs, practiced new vocabulary and became fluent in French and our teachers, made all of it easy and fun!

• Facilities

Great French school in Geneva!

I had a year courses from Oct 2015 till Nov 2016. Started with 0 level, not being able to create a simple sentence, I am coming out with B1-B2 level. Great teachers, helpful administrative assistance, perfect location next to train station.
I totally recommend this schools for perfect price\quality combination.

A rewarding experience

I highly recommend ELFI to anybody interested in taking a French immersion course in Geneva. You will find a very comfortable and friendly environment. The instructors and staff are very very capable indeed. The small size of the school makes it a relatively intimate experience and renders the administrative staff very accessible. The administrative staff are very helpful not just with the course but also with navigating through the Swiss administrative processes. The course material is very good and introduces students to themes and issues that are both very current and essential to French culture. Students are encouraged to speak and develop their conversational skills. Of course like with any other course you get what you put in. But all in all I really enjoyed my experience at ELFI and if I have another chance to study there again I will.

Intensive French course

My experience in taking the Intensive French Class in ELFI is excellent. The staffs are very accommodating and helpful. The teachers are all native French speakers, very friendly and eager to teach. The school is very well located in the Geneva city center, and close to train stations. I am a total beginner in French when I came to ELFI and I am happy that I've been able to pass my DELF B1.

I highly recommend this school.

A great experience from day 1 for 2 years

I had a wonderful experience at ELFI. From the first day I arrived they were very helpful, and have been so even now that I am no longer studying. They would be willing to help with anything, were very accommodating and would always go the extra mile. The cost of the fees are reasonable and the quality of the classes vary with the teacher and/or class, but lectures are always good quality and at a decent pace to ensure that everyone is learning together.

I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn French. If you just want to learn a little, their A level classes are quick and easy. If you want to get into university or international organisations, their B and C level French courses are very comprehensive and still easy to follow. The administration is friendly and top notch, and will happily assist you with your learning requirements.

Excellent

I studied French at ELFI from September 2015-January 2016. In that time I went from being unable to speak a word of French to level A2. I cannot recommend the school enough; the teaching is fantastic, everyone is extremely friendly and the staff are happy to help you with any problems you may have during your time in Switzerland. The class is taught in a way that you begin speaking French from the very first day, and it is quite amazing how quickly everyone progresses. Add in the fact that it is the most affordable school in Geneva and you would be crazy to go anywhere else.
To everyone at ELFI: thank you for the amazing experience. You are all great!

Awesome

Being a student of ELFI I had an extraordinary experience. It not only gives you French classes , but also gives general culture knowledges of Francophone countries.

It is a multicultural ambiance,
with native teachers qualified and students from everywhere.

To finish, I passed my DELF B2 thanks to the course took
Thank you very much!!!

A great experience

I had a great experience at Elfi School, it's a friendly environment.
Though I stayed only one month I improved a lot my French. My teachers were great, creative and willing to help as well as the administration staff.
I had awesome classmates who became my friends.
I would heartily recommend this school.
I miss being an Elfi student.

Great

I attended the school from May to October of 2014. Before entering the program, my french level was at a high beginner's level. In the 6 months that I studied at ELFI, I have progressed to a B2 level. I am now confident speaking to french speaking individuals and I am no longer apprehensive about communicating with the locals in general. The classes are small and there is a well balanced combination of reading, writing, listening, and speaking exercises. The school is right off the train station in Geneva, therefore very central and easy to get to. The management staff is friendly and attentive. The teachers are all native French speakers and they truly care about whether we understand the material taught and whether we understand what they are explaining.
My experience at ELFI was great, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking to improve their French.

A Great School

I studied at ELFI intensively from May 2013 through July 2014. In this time I made tremendous progress with my French.

The Structure of ELFI's program allows you to progress quickly without compromising on ensuring a strong understanding of the fundamentals of French. The teaching staff are encouraging and supportive, always making themselves available to answer questions, explain anything you are struggling with and provide additional support and practice. In addition, the regular in class tests for each module provide a clear understanding of where you are doing well and the areas that you may need to do further work. I particularly valued this approach as some of Geneva's other schools don't provide this level of support and testing to gauge your progress. As a result, I was able to pass the DELF B2 level test in March 2014.

In addition, the support staff are extremely helpful. They were more than happy to accommodate my requests for assistance and working with the teaching staff create a great atmosphere in which to learn a language.

As a former student of a couple of Geneva's other language schools, I can wholeheartedly recommend ELFI as a great school, in terms of the quality of the teaching and support you receive as well as its cost effectiveness.

A course that works

I studied at ELFI from May 2013 - July 2014. While I had some level of French prior to joining ELFI, my skills and competencies really accelerated during my time at ELFI.

The program they offer with extremely capable and focused teachers with regular testing to gauge your progress and highlighting the areas for improvement. The courses are also designed to help you develop the core skills and competencies that are required to pass the DELF tests.

This education and support that I received from the ELFI team was invaluable in helping me to pass DELF B2.

Additionally, the team were also extremely helpful in assisting me with a number of administrative tasks related to test enrolments, job applications etc.

Having studied at other French language schools in Geneva, I can wholeheartedly recommend ELFI for French language study that will allow you to fully develop your skills but also to do so in a cost effective manner.

Best place to learn French in Geneva

I had an absolutly great time at ELFI !

- Excellent quality of teaching.
- Many classes in the morning and afternoon, which allowed me to get teaching at the right level
- I met lovely people from all over the world.
- The school is located in the center of Geneva (close to the train station) and the facilities are very nice
- The managment and admin staff was always there for me and willing to help if i had problems or questions.
- Not expensive in comparison with other schools/ courses in Geneva

Intensive French class

For the two years i was in ELFI i enjoyed every single moment of it.
When i arrived in ELFI, i could not mention a word in french but within
a few months i was already speaking the language.
ELFI has the best teachers u will ever need for french, they are so
commited to their work and they pay close attention to every student, so
nomatter your french level u will always feel at home when in ELFI.
Their teaching methods are really good because u are even involved in
co-curricular activities outside school which helps u to learn more
about the suisse culture and discover different places within Geneva. U
will also have the opportunity to interact with so many people because
the school is located right at the heart of Geneva where french is the
official language. Come meet Mr. Fracois Zarro the school director, he
is so welcoming, understanding and most of all very down to earth. He
helped me during my visa process while still in Uganda and even now that
am out of school i still go to him for advice. I am a proud Almuni of
Elfi. LONG LIVE ELFI, LONG LIVE FRANCOIS!!!!

Had a great time!

I studied at ELFI for a year and half. That was really good experience and of course I've learned to speak French. They teach not only with the textbook but also with various ways and the pace of class fitted me. I appreciate it a lot.
Moreover the students came there from all over the world, so I made many kinds of friends!

I'm very glad I chose ELFI as my French school!

Intensive French Course in Geneva

I found the flexibility of both morning or afternoon classes extremely important so there were no gaps in my French studies due to work and other commitments. The courses are a great value and the quality of instruction outstanding as the instructors are very interested in assisting you in attaining your goals. If you need extra practice or attention to a particular aspect of the language, the instructors are eager to provide you with additional materials and to take the time to provide personal feedback to you. Additionally, the administration was extremely helpful in assisting me navigate the rules and procedures for obtaining a student and resident visa in Geneva. In my time at ELFI the atmosphere provided the opportunity to make numerous friends and have a very positive social experience in Geneva in addition to advancing my French to a level that has greatly enhanced my professional profile and provided new opportunities.

Great School

I had a very nice experience at ELFI, I studied there for 4 months, I learned a lot of things and I gained the necessary French skills to deal with the different situations everyday, the curriculum was very good and planned very well.
The teachers are friendly and professionals and the administration are kind and helpful.
I met new friends from all over the world which they have a different cultures and different languages.
Simply you feel like you are at your home, and if I have to chose again a school to learn French, certainly I will chose ELFI.