Intensive French Courses
ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image ELFI - Ecole de Langue Francaise et d'Informatique Header Image

Intensive French Courses

• Facilities

Nothing but great memories!

The most wonderful teachers and administrators you can ask for. From walking your through visa requirements to keeping you informed about all the cultural events happening in the city, ELFI, places the student experience a #1 priority.

The teachers are super knowledgeable and friendly. Incorporating many different learning techniques to ensure every student can benefit from their natural way of learning. What I really appreciated is that you will rotate through teachers every couple weeks so to benefit from different teaching styles as well as regional accents.

The classroom sizes are between 8 - 10 students making it dynamic, but also intimate. The classrooms themselves are clean and well furnished.

Be prepared to be offered lots of tea during breaks and to have to play a game of hide and seek with the owners' adorable daughter.

In all I highly recommend ELFI for their teaching style, the friendly environment and the endless laughs I shared with new friends.

Great place to learn French

ELFI is one of the best places in the area to learn French. I followed French courses at ELFI for about 6 months and I am extremely satisfied with the results. When I started I had some very basic grammar knowledge and was not able speak French at all. Now I can make a proper conversation in French without feeling shy or intimidated. Each class has fewer than 15 students and therefore there is a personal relationship between the teachers and the students. The management is very attentive, flexible and always tries to help. I would recommend ELFI to any new student that wants to learn French efficiently, in a nice and friendly environment.

Intensive french course

The intensive french course was very insightful. I learned how to enhance my french skills in communicating as well as writing. The environment is friendly and welcoming. As for the staff, they were helpful and kind.

Great school!

ELFI is a small school with warm welcoming. The teachers are kind and patient. They put lots of effort to teach the students. The staff is kind and very helpful. I'm sure you will enjoy your study there.

• Facilities

I strongly recommend ELFI!

I took French classes with ELFI from April until June 2017 as part of my preparation for the DELF level B2. I passed the exam with a satisfactory mark and was very happy overall. ELFI is a small school so you get to know the professors pretty well. Also the administrators are friendly and promote a relaxed atmosphere. They offer 3 hour courses, with AM (9 to 12) or PM (2.15 to 5.15) sessions. It is the best value and you get the most out of your money/investment. No textbooks required in advanced classes, although they rely on Alter Ego+ series for the most part, and photocopies of any exercises are provided daily. I would strongly recommend ELFI for anyone looking to learn French in Geneva.

• Facilities

Learning at ELFI was a great experience for me

ELFI is a great place to learn French. The classes are small (approx 15 students per class) and the teachers are really skilled and dedicated. This means that the teachers really get to know the students and understand their personal goals, abilities and progression in learning. The pace of learning is quicker than many other schools but that means that your French communication skills develop faster than most. You will need to review lessons at home, though, as there will be plenty of content coming your way every day. The city of Geneva is vibrant, really international but also quite expensive. One of the hidden benefits of going to a school like ELFI is being able to share tips on how to make the most of your time in Switzerland with other students. The admin is friendly and supportive and offered me plenty of help and advice regarding visas, insurance and other useful bits of information to help me settle. They are also open to discuss any issues that might affect your learning progression. My overall experience at ELFI was great and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to learn French in Switzerland.

• Facilities

Learning French with ELFI!

I took French classes with ELFI from October 2016 until May 2017. When I arrived, I was at DELF level A2 and very nervous when speaking in public; when I finished, I was almost DELF level B2 and could speak with much more confidence. My oral and reading comprehension also approved. ELFI is a small school so you get to know the professors and the administrators in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Everything is immersive - they speak to you in French from Day 1! I would strongly recommend ELFI for anyone looking to learn French in Geneva.

Commitment gives rewards!

I studied at ELFI for six months and as well as making a lot of progress with my French, after years of neglect!

Advanced exam preparation

I came to Geneva to study for the DELF B2 exam. ELFI is very conveniently situated by the main train station. The atmosphere is lovely, very friendly and supportive. My teachers were excellent and provided both a high standard of formal instruction and lots of friendly conversation about events in the local area. The administration was highly efficient and extremely helpful - they were even able to advise me on enrolling for the actual exam. I very much enjoyed studying here and would definitely recommend it.

Studying French at ELFI

I studied at ELFI from August 2016 to March 2017. I really enjoyed my time at the school and feel that my French improved quite a lot as a result of the course. I found the administration to be very clear and direct. The teachers were wonderful and extremely helpful.

• Facilities

Great place to learn! Best cost-benefit in Geneva!

Overall, I think ELFI offers by far the best cost-benefit relationship in Geneva. It's not as expensive as other places and, in many cases, the teaching quality surpasses that of more expensive schools.

I think the teachers are the highlight of ELFI. They are dedicated, professional and very organized. They are able to move you forward if you put some effort. In my case, I came without speaking a word of French. My teachers never spoke a word of English or other language I know, and I was still able to advance. Thanks to that support, I was able to get to B2 level in 11 months.

While sometimes it was a bit difficult to agree on schedules and administrative stuff, overall, they were receptive to my goals and thanks to that, I was able to pass move forward.

I absolutely recommend ELFI if your goal is to learn the language and you are willing to put the effort.

• Facilities

If you want to improve your French, I strongly recommend to take a intensive course at ELFI!

My experience in Geneva was better than I could have ever imagined.
I had the pleasure to study in an amazing school with the best location in Geneva.
Inside is a bit tiny, but you can find everything that you need.
Excellent teacher and staff. Always care about you and will help with any problem you have. I liked the method of teaching.
The school's approach is entirely different to some others that I am used to finding. I started my French from scratches and them I learned grammar, conjugation of verbs, practiced new vocabulary and became fluent in French and our teachers, made all of it easy and fun!

• Facilities

Great French school in Geneva!

I had a year courses from Oct 2015 till Nov 2016. Started with 0 level, not being able to create a simple sentence, I am coming out with B1-B2 level. Great teachers, helpful administrative assistance, perfect location next to train station.
I totally recommend this schools for perfect price\quality combination.

Excellent experience

I studied French at ELFI from April 2015-November 2015. When I started the lessons, my french was very limited and it was hard for me to express myself. Thanks to ELFI I started to progress very fast and my speaking improved a lot. It is an excellent school, the teachers are great and all the staff is very helpful and friendly. Additionally, it has an excellent location, 2 min walking distance from Cornavin Station and the prices are affordable. My experience was excellent and I would recommend ELFI to everyone.

A rewarding experience

I highly recommend ELFI to anybody interested in taking a French immersion course in Geneva. You will find a very comfortable and friendly environment. The instructors and staff are very very capable indeed. The small size of the school makes it a relatively intimate experience and renders the administrative staff very accessible. The administrative staff are very helpful not just with the course but also with navigating through the Swiss administrative processes. The course material is very good and introduces students to themes and issues that are both very current and essential to French culture. Students are encouraged to speak and develop their conversational skills. Of course like with any other course you get what you put in. But all in all I really enjoyed my experience at ELFI and if I have another chance to study there again I will.

Intensive French course

My experience in taking the Intensive French Class in ELFI is excellent. The staffs are very accommodating and helpful. The teachers are all native French speakers, very friendly and eager to teach. The school is very well located in the Geneva city center, and close to train stations. I am a total beginner in French when I came to ELFI and I am happy that I've been able to pass my DELF B1.

I highly recommend this school.

Comprehensive program

I studied at ELFI from July 2015 until October 2016. I began at the A1 level and by the end of my time there, was able to attain a very good result for my DELF B2 exam. If you are wanting a school that offers a gradual and consistent progression in all four areas of learning a language: speaking, listening, reading and writing, then I recommend this school. I always felt looked after by my teachers and my experience with the administration staff was always very prompt, friendly and helpful. As is to be expected though, you will only the most out of this experience if you put in extra hours on your own time. I wouldn't have achieved the same result if I hadn't also been speaking and reading outside of the classroom.

• Facilities

From 0 to DELF B2 Diploma :)

I studied in ELFI for a year and a half. Honestly speaking, I didn’t know any French word that time. Back then, I had no exposure to French language. I went to school a week late, not even knowing how to introduce myself in French. It’s the professors who have helped me a lot. Because of them I had progressed and I didn’t even imagine myself speaking the language fluently like I do now.

The classes were intensive and the quality of teaching is excellent. The professors are organized and systematic in teaching the students considering that we came from all over the world and we speak different languages. During those times, I've met great people and gained friends. Through ELFI, I was exposed to French culture because we also celebrate the country's festivals inside the class and we celebrate it with the other students from the other classes.

I passed the DELF B2 because of ELFI. :)
I had the pleasure of learning French in this school. It was a great experience. :)

Goal accomplished!!

When I started @ ELFI I had B1 level in French not enough to have my diploma be recognized in Suisse.
As I am working I came 2x a week for few months and to prepare for the DELF B2 test I had intensive course for a month and violá I passed the exams!
Thanks to the staffs as they were very supportive and helpful.Now I have my certificate "droits de pratique"and happy of my new post @ work!
The fee is reasonable and worth it as it's an investment for life!

Rendezvous with French

ELFI's programme is very well organized and structured to ensure speedy grasping of grammar and vocabulary. The friendly and caring attitude of the teachers make the experience a really memorable one. A special thanks to Francois and his team for their all-round help and support to the foreign students.

A great experience from day 1 for 2 years

I had a wonderful experience at ELFI. From the first day I arrived they were very helpful, and have been so even now that I am no longer studying. They would be willing to help with anything, were very accommodating and would always go the extra mile. The cost of the fees are reasonable and the quality of the classes vary with the teacher and/or class, but lectures are always good quality and at a decent pace to ensure that everyone is learning together.

I would recommend this course to anyone wishing to learn French. If you just want to learn a little, their A level classes are quick and easy. If you want to get into university or international organisations, their B and C level French courses are very comprehensive and still easy to follow. The administration is friendly and top notch, and will happily assist you with your learning requirements.

Excellent

I studied French at ELFI from September 2015-January 2016. In that time I went from being unable to speak a word of French to level A2. I cannot recommend the school enough; the teaching is fantastic, everyone is extremely friendly and the staff are happy to help you with any problems you may have during your time in Switzerland. The class is taught in a way that you begin speaking French from the very first day, and it is quite amazing how quickly everyone progresses. Add in the fact that it is the most affordable school in Geneva and you would be crazy to go anywhere else.
To everyone at ELFI: thank you for the amazing experience. You are all great!

Exciting Period

Going to this school to learn French was an excellent decision. The staff were patient and friendly and really wanted you to learn. Coming from an English (alone) background and into a new country was really difficult for me, but the school felt like a family and assisted in my adaptation. I would (and have already) recommend this school to persons interested in learning/improving French. You wouldn't find a better environment.

Kurt Corbin

Flexible program and hours

I really loved the courses there and the school it -self,
It have a GREAT STAFF, teachers and administration as one.
Warn and nurturing environment
Flexible program and hours
and the price is good if compared to other places in Geneva

Good luck

One of a kind!

ELFI had been a very big part of my stay in Geneva. I started from level A1 (which is for the beginners), I dont know any french word at all! Only 'bonjour' and 'merci'. And now, I could understand native speakers and communicate with them!
Since the students are very diversed, I met diffrent people from different places as well.
Not only did I learned french but I also met new friends and experienced new things.
Being part of ELFI is a one of a kind experience that you should definitely try!