Summer in Aix en Provence
CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer in Aix en Provence

Mostly Good.

There were a few snafus but overall good review. For instance, two nights before my flight home (which left from the airport in Marseille, 30 minutes away from Aix where I was living) I got an email from IAU saying that all cabs in France where going on strike and I would not be able to get a ride to the airport and since I had an early flight, 5am, I would have to take a bus to Marseille one night early and pay for a hotel BY MYSELF, when IAU said they would pay for my transportation to and from the airport when arriving and departing Aix-en-Provence. Also, they were asking me to pay for a hotel and gave me less than 24 hours heads up and they wanted me to go down there by myself and having visited Marseille once during my trip, I knew that it was not very safe a city. But I figured it out and made it home safely. I only felt that it was inconsiderate that they would ask me to pay for a hotel and bus to Marseille when they originally told me they would cover that. The whole incident also made me feel like the school did not care about my safety.

Summer In Aix

I really enjoyed this program as a whole. The people that I met while I was abroad were so easy to get along with and fun to be around. Class was fun, but long. I learned so much just from being surrounded by french speaking people, that it made the trip more than worth it.