CIEE Language and Culture in Lisbon, Portugal
CIEE CIEE

CIEE Language and Culture in Lisbon, Portugal

Lisboa, Portugal CIEE best experience you'll ever have

Dear whoever is interested in this review,

I had the most wonderful experience ever during my study abroad in Lisbon.

In terms of education, the CIEE offered courses were kind of weak, but I was able to take courses through NOVA School of Management and Economics. This is Portugal's most challenging school and top ranked as well. I took two courses there and they were very difficult but also very rewarding. I was able to mingle with Portuguese students and many other students from all over the world ranging from Egypt to Lithuania.

The program is set up very well. You are immersed directly into the Portuguese lifestyle as there is a buddy program here comprised of +3 Portuguese students. These students take you all around the city to see not only the best things of the city but also introduce you to their friends and from there you meet many other Portuguese students and are immersed.

The program advisors are fantastic as well. They are always there and you see them on a regular basis so they are always making sure that you are okay in terms of social conditions and educational ones as well.

This program has everything and it was the most wonderful experience of my life.

PICK LISBOA CIEE!!!!!!!

My best semester

The time I spent abroad in Lisbon was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I decided to study there to fulfill my last credits for my Portuguese minor. I didn't expect to have such a life changing semester. The friends I made, the places I visited, and the things I learned are irreplaceable. Sara and Luisa were instrumental in making this semester incredible. They worked tirelessly to provide support for every snag and hiccup, and they made the entire experience comfortable from the very beginning. I can honestly say that it would not have been the same trip without their witty optimism and unflinching humor. I could work with them for every semester and still learn new, exciting things about them. The homestay was also extremely rewarding. I was able to learn more about the Portuguese language and culture than I could from any class back in the United States. I would recommend this program to anyone. It was without a doubt the best part of my college experience

Same as Alex! WORLD'S BEST

I had the best time of my life in Portugal! Not just because Lisbon is an incredibly safe, beautiful, and fun city but because of this program! I loved my housing situation, I had the best host family! I also loved the ciee staff when I was sick they did an amazing job taking care of me! Sara took me to the doctor when she was really sick, probably more sick then myself!! All of the activities we did were amazing and the class I took helped me fully emerge into the Portuguese culture! I miss it everyday. I also had the chance to experience ciee staff when we went to Barcelona and they were not half as good as the ciee staff in Lisbon! So much love for this city, country, program, staff and housing participants!

World's best

CIEE Lisbon is fantastic. Not only are the staff great, but they introduced our group to some other students from the area to show us around. They had very well-planned weekend trips and activities that allowed us to get to know the city and country, and also plenty of free time for us to explore places on our own. The Portuguese are definitely some of the best people there are! My host family was very welcoming and provided a great home for my visit, and even the taxi drivers are super nice. I would highly recommend this program to anyone!

Um Inocente no Estrangeiro or, An Innocent Abroad

I truly loved my time in Lisbon. I feel like I gained extremely valuable language skills and became a more independent adult. What makes the Lisbon CIEE program stand out though is how well run it is. The weekend trips, class schedules, and orientation are extremely well planned and add to the experience. Yet, like any abroad experience, it is what you make it. I joined UNL's basketball team, went surfing and climbing a lot, even worked with faculty editing research published in English language journals. That made my experience absolutely wonderful. If you go, I highly suggest getting to know the UNL faculty and their research interests - really lovely people. I also highly suggest Karl's Cookies in Campo de Ourique when you are missing home.