CLI Immersion - Immerse Yourself in Language and Culture
Chinese Language Institute (CLI) Header Image Chinese Language Institute (CLI) Header Image

CLI Immersion - Immerse Yourself in Language and Culture

Immersion works!

I studied in the immersion program at CLI for your weeks. When I arrived, my Chinese was very poor; I had only studied with an app and knew some vocabulary and could make a couple of sentences. In those four weeks at CLI, my vocabulary has grown so much, and because I was around Chinese speaking people at lunch as well, my listening skills got a lot better. I can highly recommend this school as well as their immersion program!

I didnt want to leave!

I attended CLI for 5 weeks and I truly loved every minute! Everyone from the Teachers, to the staff were fantastic! Everyone was very accommodating, warm, friendly and supportive of me learning Mandarin. Guilin was beautiful, even though it was winter and some times cold & rainy, it was beautiful. I loved the city, the local people were very nice and polite. The local food was fantastic and very, very inexpensive. The food was so good I am now a snob when in comes to Chinese food. Even the lunch's that the "Aunties" cook each weekday at CLI are amazing!
I actually hated to leave! I will be going back!

A phenomenal experience

The one-on-one teaching is an excellent resources. My comprehensive teacher identified my primary difficulty as pertaining to grammar. Currently preparing for the HSK 4 and hope to return to CLI in 2017 for work on the HSK 5. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and can not speak highly enough of the teachers and administration. Looking forward to my next month in Guilin.

Amazing experience

My 3 children ages 12, 10, & 8 attended CLI this summer for 2 weeks and we all had an outstanding time at CLI. They all wanted to stay longer and we will definitely return! The teachers, interns, and administrative staff were excellent. They picked us up at the airport, arranged an apartment, showed us where to eat & shop, set up classes (dance/soccer) in the local community, and assisted us in planning sightseeing in the region. It truly was an immersion experience that we won't forget!

Probably the best Chinese language program in all of China

I have done two other intense Chinese language study programs in China - one in Beijing and one in north-east China. Both were very good. However, CLI's program in Guilin was the best in every respect. The management of the program is excellent: the admissions process is smooth and professional. The school arranges for someone to meet you at the airport or train station on arrival, and at the end of your program arranges a taxi for you back to the airport. The school is a fun, welcoming place! The teachers are excellent, well-qualified and very professional. Essentially every evening and every weekend there are cultural activities. Guilin is a lovely city and surrounding it is some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.

I will return to CLI again this summer and am looking forward to the experience.