Politics, Law & International Relations in Europe
CES Maastricht Header Image CES Maastricht Header Image

Politics, Law & International Relations in Europe

My CES experience

Study abroad has been amazing so far. I've been able to travel, take challenging courses, and also join volunteer projects in my free time.

This block, I took a course on EU law and politics and learned about the history of the EU; additionally, I took a course of public policy evaluation. I enjoyed both classes, because I was able to engage with Dutch and German students through my tutorial by doing group projects and presentations, which enabled me to learn about Europe on a whole new level.

The CES staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. My advisor has continued to help me find classes I am interested in, and other staff members have helped give me advice on things to do, places to visit, and more.

Amazing experience in the Netherlands

The Politics, Law, and International Relations courses that I took at CES allowed me the opportunity to be instructed by professors that are experienced in their field, passionate about stimulating debate, and encouraging student participation. Additionally, I was acquainted with the European perspective on the topics that I am passionate about such as human rights, and international law.
The CES staff were incredibly helpful and kind during my time in Maastricht. I felt like they were a helping hand if I needed one, but at the same time allowed me the independence to discover Maastricht on my own.
My study abroad experience was much more enriching, and challenging than I originally set my expectations for going in. Not only was I able to travel as much as I wanted, I was surrounded by a community, both academically and personally, that cared about my success and development as a person.