Maastricht University: Public Health & Medicine in Europe
CES Maastricht Header Image CES Maastricht Header Image

Maastricht University: Public Health & Medicine in Europe

Maastricht spring 2018

My academic experience has taught me how to engage in hands-on, discussion-based learning rather than solely lecture-based coursework. Through program courses, you are able to delve deeper into your theme while being surrounded by fellow CES students. The CES staff helps organize the study abroad experience by providing resources to help adjust to life in Maastricht as well as social and academic support. Through simple reminders and guidance, they provide a support system similar to that I have found at my home university. Studying abroad in Maastricht taught me a lot about myself, that I can adapt to different situations well and that I am more independent than I give myself credit for. Through balancing study abroad life i.e. travel, with academics and social aspects, I have grown and become more worldly.

Fantastic experience!

During my academic program, I learned how to think, study, and interact in new ways with fellow students through discussion, research, and debate. The CES staff are helpful, and accommodating. They make the program fun and engaging. My experience abroad has been an eye-opening global adventure. Due to the though-provoking courses and travel, I truly have grown as a person and now I know much more about myself and my priorities because of this experience.