CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France
CEA Header Image CEA Header Image

CEA Study Abroad in Paris, France

We'll always have Paris

The greatest advantage CEA gave me was through my housing. I decided to stay in a homestay, and they made the process flawlessly easy. My family is absolutely wonderful, and they gave me the opportunity to truly immerse myself into French culture and Paris. I have been told by other international students how difficult it can be to figure out all of the logistics for living and studying in France, so I'm thankful to CEA for taking care of most of this beforehand. CEA was always there if I had questions or needed any sort of support. The staff is so lovely!

Livin in Paris

I loved studying in with this program. I definitely learned a lot about living in Paris, and how to immerse myself into a culture that I do not identify with normally. I highly recommend coming to study in Paris an with CEA. They help you assimilate to the culture and the way of life in Paris, as well as how do things such as not get pick pocketed. Thank you CEA for being awesome!

Absolutely incredible and highly recommended

I loved my experience in Paris with CEA so much. It was incredible. They provided us with everything we need to survive here but also didn't doctor or baby us. I liked that a lot. However, I had very little opportunity to get to know french students my age, or any age since I was with all Americans. I will miss Paris so much. My heart will always belong here. And CEA helped with that.

My year in Paris

I had an incredible experience studying abroad in Paris over the academic year. It was the best experience and decision of my life. I personally enjoyed CEA and thought that the administration, professors were extremely good, and the pre-arranged activities were enjoyable. I have minimal complaints about the program as a whole, and will recommend CEA to future study abroad students when I return to the United States.

CEA Paris

Very good program I really enjoyed my time here in Paris and would recommend CEA to all of my pals and distant relatives. The classes wont transfer as anything other than electives so thats my only quell with CEA, more classes options and all would be good.

Great culture, better experience

I absolutely loved my semester abroad in Paris, and it was made better through all of the programs and experiences that CEA offered me throughout the semester. I was able to take trips to towns like Giverny, Chantilly, and Bruges. I was able to take part in walking tours around the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais. I was able to enjoy cultural food and drink experiences from various areas of Paris from the comfort of the CEA Paris Location. I was very satisfied with all that this program offered, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone else.

If I were to change something, however, I would most likely change the internet at my living situation (it was very, very bad) which would not allow me to do some of my classwork at home. I would also change some aspects of the Cinema class, as I felt it was too much work and we spent a lot of time outside of class having to participate in "screenings" of movies that we would discuss in class that we usually equivalent to another class period, and I would have liked to receive another credit for the class due to all that was required of us outside of the class time.

Want a full immersion experience? Look no further!!

I have been studying French for 7 years now and I think I've learned more in the 3 months that I've been in Paris than I have in school back home! I knew that studying in a classroom would only get me so far, so I decided to study abroad in an immersion program. I am so glad that I chose CEA because not only did they make the study abroad process manageable (which we all know is a pain in the a##) but they also plan day trips, cultural experiences and even volunteer opportunities--for free--for all of their students. Also, they placed me with an amazing host family. I am learning so much about the culture and language by living with a real French family and being surrounded by the language 24/7. I couldn't have asked for a better experience so far and I'm even extending my program to stay for another semester! Bonne chance et j'espère vous voir bientôt à Paris!!

Go CEA!

For someone who had high expectations prior to going abroad, CEA exceeded my expectations. They provided every service you could hope for while abroad-- from placing you in safe housing to providing cultural immersion activities. The professors are all very well qualified to teach their classes and are passionate about the subjects. The CEA administration cared deeply about their students and were always ready to engage in conversation about the culture or give advice about travel. The immersion opportunities (such as cooking with French students or attending a French event like a soccer game or ballet) allowed students to feel that they were embracing the community and experiencing the culture. And if all this wasn't enough, I made friendships that would last a lifetime from students all across the United States. I would recommend CEA to anyone!

INCREDIBLE

I loved my time with CEA. The CEA staff are the greatest and were so helpful before, during, and after my time abroad. The classes offered at CEA Paris were all really unique and fun. The classes I took there were some I wouldn't be able to take anywhere else in the world. I loved my apartment and the location it was in! It was in the 14th arr, so it was in a nice residential area and a quick metro ride to classes and nightlife. The only con I had about my experience was the amount of time I spent with Americans, but that just meant I had to go out on my own to meet local friends. Once I did separate from the American crowd and start hanging out with the locals, I felt my experience was becoming more authentic and worthwhile. All in all, CEA was perfect and so helpful, I would go abroad with them again in a heartbeat.

Four Months, Thousands of Memories!

Before arriving here in Paris I had really high expectations. Many of my friends back home had studied abroad and the stories and experiences they related were simply amazing. Upon arriving in Paris and overcoming the initial shock of living in a new place, I knew that my experience would be just as phenomenal. CEA was a major part of the success of my study abroad experience. They laid out the entire process very clearly from the very beginning and there was always someone over the phone or on email to help me answer questions. Once I arrived in Paris CEA did an excellent job of acclimating us and giving us important information so our semester abroad could be the best possible. I'm really thankful that I went with CEA. I have a few friends here with other study abroad programs where the students are often confused or poorly informed. That has never been the case with CEA. The staff here in Paris are genuinely friendly and they are always ready and willing to give you advice on anything you may need help on. Anyone thinking about studying abroad in Paris should look into CEA. And if Paris isn't your thing, than just visit CEA's website because they work in a lot of other countries with a variety of programs!

My love for Paris

So far I am very happy with the help I've gotten from CEA. I barely know french, and so I struggle to do the most basic things but CEA has always been so helpful. I feel like Paris is home now! I feel safe and have gotten a lot of useful information from CEA staff. Classes are well structured and I don't want to leave Paris. I'm so grateful that I was able to adjust to life in Paris thanks to the CEA staff!

An American in Paris, It Couldn`t Have Been Better

Study abroad with CEA is one of the best choices you can make. Seldom have I participated in something that made it so easy for me. Whether it came to signing up for a program, picking classes, or any of the other steps to completing your process, it was all well organized on the site that made it a breeze, and any trouble was quickly solved with a phone call to a helpful CEA staff member, and that carried over to my study abroad in Paris. The staff was extremely helpful with any problems, they were friendly and caring, and always had an interesting suggestion of things for you to do in the city. Although the range of classes was limited they were all well taught, interesting, and most were even relevant to the city one was living in. I stayed in the dorms in Paris which I felt were a great option that provided me the chance to be close with other CEA students, as well as other international students. If you like meeting new people the dorms are the best route to take! CEA Paris provided students with chances to take excursions to Normandy, Germany, and other great places, as well as provided students the chance to win great prizes like tickets for the Eifel Tower, the Opera, and soccer games. I feel that CEA went out of there way to make sure every student experienced the best semester of their lives. They give the students structure if they need it, but if not they allow students to be very independent and roam as they please. This program is definitely worth traveling with!

Fall 2017 - CEA liberal arts and social sciences

As I'm packing up my bags to return to the U.S., I'm sad my time in Paris with CEA is over. From start to finish, the friendly staff helped welcome me and guide me into making Paris my own city. I had so much fun in my photography and oenology courses. I also improved my writing and speaking skills in French. I would highly recommend this to anyone interested in studying abroad in Paris - the housing is great, location of school is amazing, and so many ways to get as involved as you like!

Learning about the world in Paris

I decided to come to Paris so I could travel to other places in Europe. I expected to hate Paris for all of the touristy stereotypes and seemingly abundant shopping. I expected to mostly interact with Americans and pretentious French people. That could not be further from what I actually experienced. I met people from all over the world, literally every continent except Antartica. I learned so much about not only France but the entire world, and how I fit into it. I did get to travel and experience a lot outside of Paris, which CEA helped facilitate, but I wanted to stay in Paris and discover the world from my district.

CEA Paris

CEA Paris has been such a wonderful experience. I'm studying at the Sorbonne in the CCFS program, but it was great to go through CEA because they offer so much support. They handle the housing, the insurance, help you through the visa process, etc. It would have been so stressful to do this by myself but CEA made the process easy. In addition to the Sorbonne program I take one elective at CEA it's been a great time! Lovely, helpful staff and a wonderful environment! Thanks CEA!

Challenging but amazing

CEA Study Abroad was great! My classes were more challenging than I expected, but only in the sense that they pushed me outside of my comfort zone. Every week my classes brought me to a new place in the city, to places I never would have visited otherwise. Everyone who works at CEA is so nice and helpful, and I always felt comfortable talking to them about my concerns. Don't come to CEA expecting to breeze through the semester without any effort, come to learn so much while still having the best experience of your life!

An American In Paris

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience studying abroad in Paris with CEA. The staff at the CEA study center were excellent, if a bit disorganized at times. I didn't spend a lot of time at the study center because I was in one of the immersion programs but they were a great resource to have. I liked the foyer that I stayed in because of its proximity to the Cours de civilisation française de la Sorbonne campus. In addition, there were other international students and french students and it was great to be able to interact with them.
Academically, I think my time at the Sorbonne was incredibly helpful in improving my french. I only wish that the university had more young people as opposed to older students who had moved to Paris and needed to learn French. In additionally, there were a lot of Americans at the school so it wasn't really a complete immersion. Immersion in Paris is truly what you make of it. A large amount of people in Paris speak English so you can definitely get by without speaking French if you wanted to. However, just being in France and seeing and hearing French around you at all times was the most beneficial part of the program.

When the Going Gets Tough...

...the CEA Staff will know what to do. I have loved studying abroad. Throughout a single semester I have had some of the best experiences of my life: seeing the breathtaking view from the top of Notre Dame, exploring castles in the Loire Valley, and interacting with native French speakers on a daily basis. I have also had the scariest experience of my life: being in Paris when the attacks happened. To be frank, I was never in any real danger, but when you are watching the news, cooped up in your home for hours, your mind can only wander to the possibilities. This is where CEA comes in. Before I even knew about the attacks, CEA posted on Facebook and sent out an email for everyone to check in. They were incredibly efficient, professional, and helpful in confusing time. Within a couple of hours every one in the CEA program had been notified and their whereabouts were made known; thankfully no one had been hurt. In the following days CEA continued to check in with students, make sure they were getting on flights and trains back to Paris if they had been canceled, and they invited us to talk about our experiences both with a licensed Psychologist and to each other in a group setting. The CEA staff made me feel safe in Paris after the attacks, and I am so grateful that they were there and so helpful and present during my stay. Thank you so much CEA staff!

The Parisian Life!

CEA is a great program to help integrate you into a Parisian lifestyle. It was extremely helpful that they took care of finding housing, and the staff really helped us feel comfortable in a new city. They keep the school year interesting by taking us on "Cafés" (night-activities) like to the France-Finland soccer game or to a French cooking class, and day trips around France.

Classes are interesting but not too difficult, and all of the teachers are really enthusiastic and knowledgable. My only constructive thing to say about CEA is that all of the students are American and all of the classes are taught in English, so it is really easy to go a full day without speaking a word of French (except when buying your baguette from the local boulangerie). I am definitely picking up the language, but not nearly as quickly or extensively as I would have if my roommates, classmates, and teachers all spoke French.

Overall, I rate this program an A-!

Learn, See, Do

One of the most amazing things about being a part of CEAs amazing program here in Paris, France is that most of what I am learning in each of my classes can be easily accessed right outside my front door. Whether I am learning about the architecture of La Tour Eiffel, or researching France's Assemblée Nationale, I can be sure that I will get a first hand look at all of these wonderful and historical sites. And what is more, they're no more than a Métro ride away! CEA does an amazing job of integrating classroom learning with real life experiences - and what better way to receive that kind of education than in the beautiful Paris, France?!

Magnifique!

CEA truly created the perfect atmosphere that was both extremely supportive and involved yet left plenty of room for independence. Especially in such a typically known city as Paris, CEA allowed me to experience both the major aspects of it as well as encouraged and advised me on how to explore the localities and wonderful nooks!

My semester in Paris

I would recommend CEA to other students looking to go abroad. There were really good options for weekend activities and the staff is very helpful. If I had to do it over again, I might chose a different city. The people that I knew in Rome and Florence seemed to have a lot more fun than us in Paris.

Being openminded

CEA has been a great program for not just living in a new country but being culturally fluent and giving students tool to achieve that. The program was helpful with making sure students had what they needed to succeed.

A Parisian adventure

Overall, my experience was positive. (Sorry, I am going to keep this short because it's hard to type on a french keyboard.) I would recomend studying abroad with CEA to a friend. The most important thing I would do differently is seek out opportunities for social interaction with native french speakers and parisians. That aspect and connection was severly missing from my time at the sorbonne.

A semester of experiential and intentional learning

My semester studying at the CEA Paris Center was whole. By that I mean that I had a full experience of learning, exploring, and growth. I learned so much about people around the world, about my field of study and what I want to do in my life, and about myself. CEA gave me all of the tools to know Paris and helped me process all that I was experiencing. They especially helped me take what I learned from my study abroad experience and apply it to how I'm going to live afterwards. Their approach to experiential learning is incredibly rich and this encouraged me to become a learner in life outside of school. My classes were challenging but through them I got to know the history and lifestyle of Paris. In the end, I know that this experience was an investment for my future. I can't recommend studying abroad with CEA enough!