[Pre-med] Shadow Doctors 20+ hours/week in Hungary
A woman in Greece A woman in Greece

[Pre-med] Shadow Doctors 20+ hours/week in Hungary

An enjoyable, educational, and worthwhile experience to have

I spent 4 weeks in Szekesfehervar, Hungary. The hospital shadowing was always beneficial, but some departments were better than others. It is important to remember that shadowing abroad strictly means watching, and no explanations/teaching is implied. Some doctors/staff were very helpful and talkative while some were not. Regardless you get to see procedures/surgeries. The site managers made the trip as easy/fun/exciting as possible. They always had our best interest in mind. Communication before I left, I would say was lacking a bit, but you can always schedule calls or email to ask questions. I think the hours in the hospital helped students see if medical school was or was not the right choice for them. Remember that figuring out what you do not want to do in the health care field, is just as important as finding what you love!

Medical shadowing experience

I had an amazing time in Budapest, Hungary shadowing doctors during the Atlantis Project fellowship. I made a great group of friends that I'm still in touch with and got to explore the city with them. All of the doctors that I shadowed were extremely helpful. They would take the time to explain what they're doing and why they're doing it, and they made an effort to make sure we could see everything that was going on during the surgical procedures. I would 100% recommend this program to anyone, it was definitely worth it.

Incredible

Choosing to join the Atlantis Project was easily the best decision I made on my path to a medical career. The Atlantis project gave me the unique opportunity to completely immerse myself within a foreign culture while simultaneously learning about medicine and how hospitals operate. By the end of my five weeks in Vilnius, Lithuania I truly felt like a native, it had become a second home to me and that was definitely an amazing feeling. I would without doubt recommend the Atlantis Project to anyone pursuing a career in medicine because it is such an incredible and life changing experience.

Shadowing Doctors in The Hospital

I went to Szekesferhevar, Hungary this past summer to shadow doctors in the local hospital and I had an unforgettable experience. Not only do you get shadowing hours, but you get to see amazing surgeries in a new and different culture. This experience helped me figure out what I like/dislike in a hospital setting and what specialties are interesting to me. The atlantis project also gives there fellows a lot of freedom to explore the city and fully immerse in the culture. You get to see what it is like to work a full day and the way patients and doctors interact with other. This fellowship was easily worth every penny!
sign up today for priority review: http://bit.ly/2uHuv5X