AIFS Study Abroad in Perth, Australia: Semester or Year
study abroad students study abroad students

AIFS Study Abroad in Perth, Australia: Semester or Year

Study Abroad is a Must

Studying abroad in Australia was the best decision I ever made and I am glad I went through AIFS. AIFS was very receptive when it came to pre-departure information and class registration. I loved having an AIFS representative right on campus, who was super knowledgeable and friendly. She scheduled a few activities during the semester for us, which was included in the program. My favorite was the Brazilian Barbeque.

Perth is the perfect city for college students. It is small, yet has loads of eateries and nightlife options. King’s Park offers is nature retreat that gives a spectacular view of the city. I will never forget my first time there and seeing breathtaking Perth. Public transportation is clean, cheap and easy, especially when you register through a university to get a student discount. Perth is very close to the beach as well, so there are things to enjoy for all types of people. Although it is the most remote capital city in the world, I never felt at a loss of things to do.

Studying abroad is a must. If you are feeling skeptical, check out AIFS and see the programs they have to offer. I do not think you will be disappointed.

The Real Aussie Experience

AIFS is a great program to travel with. From the flight option, where they will partner you with another student travelling from your region, to the meal plan, where I was able to forget about budgeting for food, the nitty gritty details were all planned for me before I even left the country! They also set up my housing before I arrived and lived with another AIFS student.

Because Murdoch University has a partnership with exchange and study abroaders, I was able to partake in experiences Murdoch only offers to those who are visiting their university short term. Those included a 10 camping trip in the outback, a weekend trip south to the Margaret River region, and others!

Australia and Murdoch University

Australia is an amazing country full of friendly people who are equally as curious about Americans as Americans are about Australians. I had so much fun in the social aspect of my study abroad experience. Making friends, going on adventures and to the beach, and other trips were the best.

The education, on the other hand, was extremely hard. It was not told beforehand that classes were excruciatingly difficult so keep that in mind when selecting Australia. Also, Murdoch University does not hand out anything for free, you will pay for almost everything on campus so keep that in mind as well.

While my experience outside of academics was great, it is important to note that you will be challenged mentally. I still absolutely loved it though!