Teaching & Community Development Project in Zambia
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Teaching & Community Development Project in Zambia

Girl impact

Volunteering with girl impact was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. The girls were amazing and I was able to make my own lesson plans to teach the girls. Most of the girls were very receptive to the lessons that we created and remembered them from week to week. The first day that I went to project, I was greeted at the van by the girls who were so excited to meet me. After that moment my worries all went away. Furthermore, the life at the hostel left me with friends and memories that I will hold on to for the rest of my life.

Great experience for nursing/medical students

Volunteering has always been a dream since I was a kid, and as a nursing student I decided to just do it, go volunteering in Africa. I mean, why not? I can say it was the best decision I've made in my life so far. I volunteered for two weeks on the medical project.
I think It's good for everyone to go to another country and broaden their horizons. See how people live, feel their joy, see their problems and be reminded of every little detail and things at home you took for granted. Volunteering with the medical project was very interesting. The transition from working at a hospital in my home country where I have everything I need , to home based care where we have to make due with what we have was not easy and it took some effort to lock away codependency.
In short: If you ever want to volunteer, do it!

Amazing experience

I had a once in a lifetime trip (which I would definitely make twice in a lifetime if I could. The people are fantastic, the projects re fun and productive and there is lots to do in free time as well as evenings and weekends.

It was fantastic

I really enjoyed my stay in Zambia. I have been here for three weeks and every single day was different, but perfect. I will definitely do something like this again. The people were so nice and the project was also very nice.

My stay

Once you get used to this place and this life you don't want to go. It become my home and my family, and share with all of them with experience has been great. Normally, I hate the every day routine, but here it was different, and I had enjoy every single day.

A life changing experience

Going to volunteer in Livingstone was one of the best decisions i've ever made. Being able to see the struggles that affect the local community was eye opening and being able to be a part of the solution was very rewarding. They local people are lovely and the kids are unbelievable - it was heartbreaking to leave! Volunteering with African Impact made me feel like I was making a real contribution. I would be teaching the same class every morning and in the afternoon we would do a variety of different community projects such as maths clubs, reading clubs, visiting the old people's home and even creating eco bricks! Everything was well organised, the accommodation was very good and the staff in Livingstone were extremely friendly and so helpful! If you're thinking about volunteering in Africa I would highly recommend Livingstone!

A fantastic month

I have enjoyed my time in Zambia so so much. Everything captivated me from making new friends, all the way to watching the kids under my guidance progress and flourish to their potential. The constant turnover of volunteers keeps things fresh and really gives the place energy, whilst the continuity of the project allows for meaningful and progressive relationships to be struck with the children. On the first day i never thought i would be weeping when i leave... but all i can say is, this is a special place.

Amazing experience!

Amazing experience! Don't want to leave! All very well organised by the Livingstone AI team (Sander, Kristen and Joe) and you could see the impact you were making! Working with likeminded friends doesn't even feel like work!

African Impact, Livingstone

This was an amazing experience and i loved interacting with the children as they are so grateful for what they have. In the two weeks I was here on the teaching project i had formed such A Close bond with the kids and wish i had stayed for longer as time flies so fast. The staff at the backpackers are so kind and the food tastes amazing. Would definitely recommend the teaching project as it so diverse and amazing.

My 3 weeks trip

My trip in Zambia has been amazing. I've met so many amazing people from all around the world with who i really enjoyed my trip.
The best parts was the children. They are amazing and I spent incredible moment with them. They thought me a lot even if i was the teacher.

Unforgettable experience!

I spent almost a year researching different programs/organizations, reading/re-reading reviews, and I landed on African Impact. I was VERY nervous about doing this. In fact, I didn't book my flight until a couple days before I was to start my project in case I wanted to back out at the last minute.
I CANNOT believe I almost didn't go! My roommates and I became immediate friends, and everyone else, including volunteers, staff, admin, were all incredibly welcoming and receptive to all needs/questions/concerns. I worked on the teaching project in Zambia, but there are afternoon projects where you have the option of trying something different. I joined a farming project for a few days as well as some sports projects. African Impact also makes sure there are things to do after the projects so you have a chance to socialize and meet all the other volunteers. If you came alone, I promise you won't ever feel lonely!
I have to also mention that I have traveled many places but I have never met a group of more accommodating people! The Zambians are the friendliest people I have ever met and are determined for you to have an enjoyable experience while in Zambia. I was worried about food because I have many dietary restrictions, but I never had a problem anywhere!
I was only on my project for 2 weeks, but I wish I could have stayed longer. I am not an emotional person but I found myself sobbing when I was saying goodbye to my class. This experience has left a lasting impact on me, both professionally and personally. I can say with absolute certainty that if you are considering African Impact, just do it!! You will NOT regret it!

African Impact is awesome!!!

My experience at African Impact has changed my life. They provided me with the knowledge and skills to help make a difference in the amazing world and culture that I was able to experience. African Impact was very involved in my travels and my safety making me feel very comfortable and safe. Thank you African Impact for changing my life and providing me with the materials needed to help make a difference.

Loved the teaching & community development project

I loved being at Livingstone Backpackers with the African Impact team. Everyone was so welcoming and inviting, it felt like I had known them for awhile instead of just meeting them all for the first time. It was like one big happy family. The work was very eye opening and beneficial not only for myself but the kids that I helped and interacted with everyday. 10/10 recommend this to everyone I know who wants to go to Africa and help out or even just for a vacation.

Community service

I had an excellent experience, everything was great.. amazing job african impact does, IT was really Nice to SEE.

IT GOT me wanting to do more , because you SAW how little you need to do to make a difference.

Amazing experience

I had such an amazing experience volunteering in Livingstone and would recommend to anyone to do it. The time you spend with the kids is amazing and your fellow volunteers will become lifelong friends.

A once in a lifetime experience!

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my time volunteering with African Impact. It has been an amazing experience I will remember forever and I am grateful I have been a part of the African Impact program.

Teaching project

The teaching project was an amazing experience and I would do that again. Seeing every day the same kids and build a relationship with them was something I would never forget. Seeing their smiles make you really happy and you want smile an laugh with them. The kids want to study and they are really happy to be there, this helps you to do your best and try not to upset them.

Wonderful experience in an incredible setting!

volunteering with african impact in Livingstone, Zambia was one of the best experiences in my life. Teaching in such a place requires patience and creativity, but what you get in return makes everything worthwhile. the organization gives you lots of information prior to departure, and at the location the coordinators and the rest of the staff will do everything to solve all of your problems. the region is incredibly beautiful so don't hesitate and explore as much as you can! on your trip you will meet plenty of inspiring people, discover a different culture and see a wonderful country in general. i came for two weeks and it felt a little short, i think that three weeks is a minimum.

Return trip was awesome!

This has been my second time in Livingstone working with African Impact and the second time has been just as fun as the first. I've loved working with the staff and other volunteers on projects and spending time with each other on off time. The people of Livingstone are so accepting and were very open to working with me. The grade 6 students I worked with were so willing to learn and the best part of my day. I have no doubts that I will be back to Livingstone again next summer.

My experience

I had a wonderful time in Zambia, Livingstone. I met a lot of lovely and interesting people. I'm sad that I have to leave. I really wish that I could stay longer. Only the beds are sometimes hard to sleep.

Teaching & community development project - Livingstone, Zambia 2016

I came to Zambia to volunteer hoping to have a positive impact on the lives of the different people I worked with. Through African Impact I was able to achieve that goal and experience something that I will never forget. This was a fantastic experience and I recommend it to anyone interested in enriching the lives of those in need.

Hollypop had fun

I didn't know what to expect when I came to Zambia but it has been the best experience of my life and I really wish I didn't have to leave. The staff is so helpful when it comes time to prepare for projects and I always felt like I knew what I was doing. They also ensure that your purpose is fulfilled while you are here. This is a caring, kind community that deserves all that African Impact can offer.

Not all trees grow straight

This is a one of a kind organisation. The people are passionate and fun, the community is engaging and enthusiastic and the work is meaningful to its core. A true unique experience that has me hooked.

Africa

When I first arrived, it was holiday club. For my first time at Holiday Club, it was very organized and put together. The volunteers and staff had everything planned out that they wanted to happen. As well as the after school volunteer activities, they were planned just as well. My experience was great.

.The best on my live

I always thought it could be a good experiences but i never imagined what I really found here.
What I've found here is people eager to get ahead; people with values; lots of smiles, hugs, knowing glances....Friends...
I do not want to go home, because here i have the feeling of being really alive.