Teaching & Community Development Project in Zambia
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Teaching & Community Development Project in Zambia

Loved the teaching & community development project

I loved being at Livingstone Backpackers with the African Impact team. Everyone was so welcoming and inviting, it felt like I had known them for awhile instead of just meeting them all for the first time. It was like one big happy family. The work was very eye opening and beneficial not only for myself but the kids that I helped and interacted with everyday. 10/10 recommend this to everyone I know who wants to go to Africa and help out or even just for a vacation.

Community service

I had an excellent experience, everything was great.. amazing job african impact does, IT was really Nice to SEE.

IT GOT me wanting to do more , because you SAW how little you need to do to make a difference.

Amazing experience

I had such an amazing experience volunteering in Livingstone and would recommend to anyone to do it. The time you spend with the kids is amazing and your fellow volunteers will become lifelong friends.

A once in a lifetime experience!

Overall I have thoroughly enjoyed my time volunteering with African Impact. It has been an amazing experience I will remember forever and I am grateful I have been a part of the African Impact program.

Teaching project

The teaching project was an amazing experience and I would do that again. Seeing every day the same kids and build a relationship with them was something I would never forget. Seeing their smiles make you really happy and you want smile an laugh with them. The kids want to study and they are really happy to be there, this helps you to do your best and try not to upset them.

Wonderful experience in an incredible setting!

volunteering with african impact in Livingstone, Zambia was one of the best experiences in my life. Teaching in such a place requires patience and creativity, but what you get in return makes everything worthwhile. the organization gives you lots of information prior to departure, and at the location the coordinators and the rest of the staff will do everything to solve all of your problems. the region is incredibly beautiful so don't hesitate and explore as much as you can! on your trip you will meet plenty of inspiring people, discover a different culture and see a wonderful country in general. i came for two weeks and it felt a little short, i think that three weeks is a minimum.

Return trip was awesome!

This has been my second time in Livingstone working with African Impact and the second time has been just as fun as the first. I've loved working with the staff and other volunteers on projects and spending time with each other on off time. The people of Livingstone are so accepting and were very open to working with me. The grade 6 students I worked with were so willing to learn and the best part of my day. I have no doubts that I will be back to Livingstone again next summer.

My experience

I had a wonderful time in Zambia, Livingstone. I met a lot of lovely and interesting people. I'm sad that I have to leave. I really wish that I could stay longer. Only the beds are sometimes hard to sleep.

Teaching & community development project - Livingstone, Zambia 2016

I came to Zambia to volunteer hoping to have a positive impact on the lives of the different people I worked with. Through African Impact I was able to achieve that goal and experience something that I will never forget. This was a fantastic experience and I recommend it to anyone interested in enriching the lives of those in need.

Hollypop had fun

I didn't know what to expect when I came to Zambia but it has been the best experience of my life and I really wish I didn't have to leave. The staff is so helpful when it comes time to prepare for projects and I always felt like I knew what I was doing. They also ensure that your purpose is fulfilled while you are here. This is a caring, kind community that deserves all that African Impact can offer.

Not all trees grow straight

This is a one of a kind organisation. The people are passionate and fun, the community is engaging and enthusiastic and the work is meaningful to its core. A true unique experience that has me hooked.

Africa

When I first arrived, it was holiday club. For my first time at Holiday Club, it was very organized and put together. The volunteers and staff had everything planned out that they wanted to happen. As well as the after school volunteer activities, they were planned just as well. My experience was great.

.The best on my live

I always thought it could be a good experiences but i never imagined what I really found here.
What I've found here is people eager to get ahead; people with values; lots of smiles, hugs, knowing glances....Friends...
I do not want to go home, because here i have the feeling of being really alive.

Experience

I had a very good experience in African Impact and I want to come back. the experience with the kid was excellent they change my life, are beautiful!! I hope see them again. Is very good for me see that you do in Africa.

Great Experience

This experience was fantastic. I learned a lot from my time in Zambia about their healthcare system, which was one of my main goals. I also enjoyed the various activities that Zambia had to offer such as Devil's Pool. Overall, my time here was amazing.

Zambia!

I had such a great time! The staff and other volunteers were amazing! Everytime I needed help with something they answered my questons so quickly.Im sad that I have to go and I cant wait to come back!

All you’ve got to do is decide to go and the hardest part is over!

I had an amazing 8 weeks in Zambia, it felt like my home with my family. I loved being a teacher although I didn't study for it. It was such a special time together, the kids stole my heart. I hope I will meet them again one day. One thing that surprised me the most is that I became such good friends with everyone in such a short time. We really became a family and I still miss them. Now I’ve got a Zambian family from all over the world. After this experience I can say that this quote is soooooo TRUE!! “All you’ve got to do is decide to go and the hardest part is over”

Great experience

Very easy and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The staff became more a family than a boss-like hierachy. I wouldn't worry about not fitting in. The staff are very flexible to your ideas and many of the ideas come from the volunteers but are guided by the staff. Which is important.

Best thing I have ever done in my life

First I didn't know where in Africa I wanted to go, but when I heard about Zambia and Victoria Falls, I knew that I wanted to go here. And i don't regret. Best thing I have ever done in my life! I met wonderful people in the staff house, many different and exciting projects. And we could really enjoy the sun by the pool here between the projects. I got to learn so many different things about myself, and others. Seen so much that I will never forget! Really the best thing I have ever done in my life so fa, and I will miss it so much.

Home away from home

Livingstone Backpackers became my home away from home during my 10 weeks in Livingstone. Staff members, both local and international, are friendly and helpful. The living situations at the backpackers is amazing, meeting tourists, travellers and other volunteers at the home. With lots of activities for the weekends (safari's and of course the majestic Victoria Falls) and beautiful projects a journey to never forget.

Great experience

A chance to go closer to Africa
I did tree volunteer projects during the last half year. I was one week volunteering in Mozambique on a marine foundation as a diver, I was one month teaching on Bali. Both projects were NGOs too. But to compare I have tos ay, the project in Livingstone was the best one. For different reasons: I appreciate the good working administration, the friendly contact which Africa Impact has with the schools, farm and old people home. It's a good sign.
I also like to stay at the Backpackers home. It's nice, friendly, cool and clean ( I mean for Africa). Okay, the food could be better, more African style. I really liked the social part in Backpackers (movie night, evening at the river...) maybe you could offer more.
I loved the holiday week - I'm happy I was there in January, although it was to often raining. But this week was really fun. The weeks with teaching were sometimes a bit boring and I felt so so useful. Because it's so different to teach there (big classes, noch computer, no books, no beamer, NOTHING). I was not surprised about that and it's not a complaint, it's Africa ... but it's takes time to go familiar with it. In the second week it was already just a little bit easier to handle. The most of the teacher are very friendly and support the volunteers. The kids are just wonderful! Great time with them. I'm also happy that Africa Impact is working with The Happy Africa Foundation - that's a wise and useful teamwork.
I love the Victoria Falls and the lot of activities I did, even they are very expensive. To compare to my time in Bali I missed the option to explore Livingstone area for myself. No biking or motorbike for renting. So I felt sometimes I had to stuck on the Backpackers home.

An awesome experience

Volunteering with African Impact was an really great experience. You really feel like you are doing something and that you help making a change. The staff is really nice, helpful and fun.
You stay in a nice house, that is located in the town centrum.

Management and living

Volunteering projects are very well managed, and also flexible to switch projects. The house is comfortable for privacy and socializing. Livingstone is pretty good for socialising too, as there are places to go on the weekend.

Rebeca - teaching

I was involved in the teaching project for 3 weeks. It was an amazing experience. It is soooo different to the system in Switzerland! you just cant compare it! The kids are lovely but also very loud. You need lots of energy!

You need to do this!

The coordination and the design of the program is very organized. You have a lot of opportunity to try other things to see the community outside of your program choice. It is a true experience to make an impact to those who need it. This is a program that allows you to make a difference and also to experience the adventures of Africa on your free tie. There is much freedom and responsibility given to all the volunteers so it is nice to choose how you want to spend your time. The security here and transport were always prompt and attentive. The coordinators truly cared about each volunteers experience and advised help and concern when needed.