Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island

Had a very special stay here with lots of positive experiences.

Very positive experience, would do it again. I gained a lot of new insights in to a totally different world and really have the feeling the project is making good progress to leave a sustainable impact here in Jambiani for all the Locals. Also the team around Lisa, especially Claudy and Tessi are incredibly helpful and nice.

Nikki - Jambiani

As this was my first trip away from my country, it was definitely a difficult one. But the African Impact team of Zanzibar made the experience amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better project to get me out of my comfort zone and encourage me in my journey of experiencing a new culture. Thank you African impact, you all do an amazing job and I am in awe of what the Jambiani team do for their community. Jambiani will always have a special place in my heart.

My dear Zanzibar

Thank you for everything, the sounds, the landscape, the people, the tastes, the experience.
you helped me to grow, you helped me to open and prepare myself for another kind of world.
you just got me out of my bubble.
nakupenda.

Must do volunteer project

I have volunteered in some different places before Zanzibar and they were all very good. However, Zanzibar project mix the best of all the projects. You do a lot of teaching, you are really in the community and keep in touch with them all day long. The place is also very beautiful and has a lot of different activities to do, like snorkeling or just walk on the beach that is right in front of the house. So, if you are thinking about joining a volunteer project, really consider coming to Zanzibar.

Jambiani - Nahid

Overall the experience is special and rewarding especially when you see the real impact that African Impact evidently has on lives in Jambiani. The volunteering is tough and takes some getting used to but once settled is quite enjoyable.

Jambiani - Juli

My experience was amazing! Wish i could stay longer. Everybody (Staff) was so nice and caring. I felt welcomed all the time and the projects were amazing! Kanga ladies is a very heart warming experience. For people that love the beach and love teaching, is the perfect combination.

Unforgettable

I had the best time! The people were amazing and the food was fantastic! You'll never have eaten something so good as the local meals and the event night are a blast. And at last the house has the best view over the beach!

Great experience with amazing people

this experience changed a lot of things in me. I got to know myself and the world better. I wanted the experience to broaden my horizons, and it definitely did, not only that, but also discovered myself.

Forever grateful

The last couple of weeks have been two I will never forget. Although my stay was short, it had a bigger impact on me than I could have imagined. I came to the other side of the world, to experience a whole different world. It has been wonderful to be in touch with the community, and especially to get to know all the other amazing volunteers from all around the world. I've made friends who I will cherish. I fell in love with the beautiful Zanzibar and all the people who live in Jambiani. I will look back on this trip with a big smile. I made memories I will still be telling my grandchildren about. I am forever grateful.

Amy in Jambiani

It is not possible to summarize the amazing time I have had here teaching in Jambiani. I would recommend this experience to anyone - it has been a pleasure to be part of such an incredible project in an incredible place.

Volunteering in paradise

Zanzibar is such a beautiful island and I got the opportunity to volunteer here. The atmosphere in the volunteer house was really amazing. Every volunteer has his own stories and life experience, it is really amazing to share that with each other. The local people are so friendly and they really love it to have you here. You can really help this people. The teaching is amazing, I really can't describe the feeling.

My time in Zanzibar

Coming to Zanzibar as a volunteer with African Impact was the best decision I have made in my entire life. I made new friends for life and I learned so much about life. I am sad about going home but I will come back and I am going to try to convince other people as much as I can !

Good experience for me, beautiful place and really nice people

I recommend this program for sure. I like the adult school and teaching English. I met people from different countries, spent time together during weekends, and chill in this beautiful beach.

Volunteering in Zanzibar

Beautiful people, beautiful place, welcoming culture. Hard work but towards an important goal.

Michele Jambiani

I had good times in Jambiani. I really liked teaching the adults English and enjoyed my time in the community very much. I will miss my students and everyone I met while I was volunteering with African Impact.

Great getaway and feel good factor

Amazing staff who have their hearts in the right places. They want to have the best impact educating the children whilst also making sure that you (the volunteer) gets the best in activities and opportunity.

More and more amazing than how I expected!

I didn't expect an experience so amazing. The group of volunteers was fantastic, we were from different countries and had different ages, and it was cool to share an experience like this. Children and teachers of the nursery schools are fantastic, and the adult people who came for the adult lessons of the afternoon to. And the staff of African Impact is so helpful, friendly and funny!

A Belgium teenager in Jambiani

I first came here to teach and share my english with the locals. I soon realized that these amazing poeple were going to give me way more than I could possibly do. The interactions with them are literally magics moments... Highly recommend this experience.

Zanzibar Volunteering

This program was incredibly enjoyable. Being a part of it has allowed me to experience Zanzibar in a unique way which brought me a more intimate insight into the island and the culture. The locals, and the team, are warm and welcoming making it easy to feel at home and not want to leave.

ZanzibarVolunteers

zanzibar is a very good country with many good people and i think that for a first experience in Africa it is the best country unfortunately it is a island really touristics so everything is expansive moreover my volunteers experience was amazing the people are nice the children and the teachers are incredible i am a students i am not a teachers so leaving this experience I have gained a lot.

elias jambiani

i think it is a good experience to be q volunteer you can have q good interaction and relation with the village it is very different than you co;e just for holidays with this option you can chill have holidays and serve for pepole they need help,

My trip in Zanzibar

This trip was an incredible experience that I will never forget. During 4 weeks, I have spent my time to teach some amazing people, I have also met a lot of people from all other the world. This experience made me scared because I came alone, I didn't speak very well English but after maybe 1 week, I was like at home. This experience made me more confidence and its maybe one of the best experience of my life

An inspirational experience!

I volunteered on the teaching project in Jambiani for 4 weeks this July/August and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice of project and location. It has been so inspiring working as part of the local community, who not only view you as one of their teachers but also as a member of their community. The local people and staff on the project could not have made me feel any more welcome to the area and the project. It has been so enlightening not only teaching the nursery and adult classes, but also learning from them. To begin with, the thought of teaching nursery classes who speak very little English was definitely a daunting idea but this soon became easier thanks to the buckets of support offered if and when we felt we needed it. This has definitely been the best experience of my life and I thank African Impact and the people of Jambiani for providing it for me! ♥

Best days of my life

One of the best experiences so far. You are supposed to come as a volunteer to offer whatever you can, but the things you gain are valuable life lessons. every day you learn sth new and how to appreciate simple things and great people in your life. The two weeks here taught me how to smile and ....Hakuna matata! The tans will fade soon but the memories will stay forever

Perhaps the most grateful student you'll ever have the opportunity to teach!

The highlight of my daily life here though have been to teach the Remedial English Class. Experiencing the enthusiasm and eagerness to learn that radiates from the students have made a big impact on me. I treasured these afternoon where we as teachers had the opportunity to introduce adults to the English language through games and fun interaction. I will never forget the genuine gratitude from this amazing group of students, who now has a special place in my heart.