Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island
Volunteers and local kids playing Volunteers and local kids playing

Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island

Jambiani - Juli

My experience was amazing! Wish i could stay longer. Everybody (Staff) was so nice and caring. I felt welcomed all the time and the projects were amazing! Kanga ladies is a very heart warming experience. For people that love the beach and love teaching, is the perfect combination.

Great experience with amazing people

this experience changed a lot of things in me. I got to know myself and the world better. I wanted the experience to broaden my horizons, and it definitely did, not only that, but also discovered myself.

Amy in Jambiani

It is not possible to summarize the amazing time I have had here teaching in Jambiani. I would recommend this experience to anyone - it has been a pleasure to be part of such an incredible project in an incredible place.

My time in Zanzibar

Coming to Zanzibar as a volunteer with African Impact was the best decision I have made in my entire life. I made new friends for life and I learned so much about life. I am sad about going home but I will come back and I am going to try to convince other people as much as I can !

Good experience for me, beautiful place and really nice people

I recommend this program for sure. I like the adult school and teaching English. I met people from different countries, spent time together during weekends, and chill in this beautiful beach.

An inspirational experience!

I volunteered on the teaching project in Jambiani for 4 weeks this July/August and I couldn't be more pleased with my choice of project and location. It has been so inspiring working as part of the local community, who not only view you as one of their teachers but also as a member of their community. The local people and staff on the project could not have made me feel any more welcome to the area and the project. It has been so enlightening not only teaching the nursery and adult classes, but also learning from them. To begin with, the thought of teaching nursery classes who speak very little English was definitely a daunting idea but this soon became easier thanks to the buckets of support offered if and when we felt we needed it. This has definitely been the best experience of my life and I thank African Impact and the people of Jambiani for providing it for me! ♥

Best days of my life

One of the best experiences so far. You are supposed to come as a volunteer to offer whatever you can, but the things you gain are valuable life lessons. every day you learn sth new and how to appreciate simple things and great people in your life. The two weeks here taught me how to smile and ....Hakuna matata! The tans will fade soon but the memories will stay forever

Teaching in paradise

Being part of the Teaching and Community Project in Jambiani was one of the most rewarding experiences I have ever had. I met so many nice people along the way, both locals and staff members of African Impact, and loved every moment of my time here on Zanzibar. I had the feeling that I have become part of community within only 4 weeks and that was amazing. Teaching in nurseries and adult classes was great, a lot of fun and sometimes a little challenging, but all in all I am grateful for every moment and everything that I've learned. I had the best time and will remember this project forever.

Make your impact

I strongly believe in education, which is power that builds hope and identity. Every child and every person deserves it: education and attitude create opportunity. After being a volunteer on the teaching project here in Zanzibar, I've got the proof of that. I met wonderful people, and I can say that this experience changed my life. I thank you all the staff of African Impact for doing such a good job. I had the best time of my life.

Hakuna matata or making an impact in Zanzibar

Volunteering in Zanzibar was the best decision I've ever made. Teaching kids, adults and other teachers has been an epic experience, probably making more of an impact on me than I could ever make on them.

Best experience of my life

This experience has been perfect, nothing went wrong. It gave me so much and I gave my 100% back. Local people are amazing and kind, and they respect our role of teachers a lot. I will never forget these people and every feeling that this experience gave me.

Katies review

I have had the most amazing time in the most stunning place with the best people. A truly fantastic experience, i would not change a moment of it. I have especially enjoyed being a part of the community, and exploring a different way of living.

Review 2017

Coming to Africa was definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made. It was such an amazing experience meeting all the new people here and being a true part of the community. It is really different coming here as a tourist or coming here as a volunteer. Ive had the chance and opportunity to meet incredible people and it is insane to see how much effort and work the people from African Impact put in to make life a bit better for the people here. The project itself is incredible and i think it has a huge influence on the inhabitants life swell. Without African Impact the schools would definitely not run the same as they do now so i would definitely recommend everyone to support this amazing company. The place were the house is located is so nice and beautiful and the trip here sometimes made me feel as if i was on holiday. The mixture of work and fun was brilliant and well balanced. throughout the week it is hard work to do but i always fell asleep with a smile on my face. for the weekend you're free to do whatever you want and that was great because so we've had the chance to explore the island and get to know different parts of it as well. over all i can say that it is true what was said at the beginning of the presentation: the amount of effort you put in is the output the community gives back to you

Best experience of my life so far

Before leaving I was really scared, because I did not know what I would have found here. But when I got in Jambiani, I was so happy! I met tons of local people, from the teachers to my own students, who now are my friends. I know that I will keep them in my heart forever, because they gave me so much. I really loved being here and I'm really sad to leave, but I know for sure that one day I will come back!

My 2 weeks in Zanzibar

I arrived in Zanzibar with fairly high expectations of both the island and the project. Luckily both Zanzibar and the project exceeded my expectations by far. Photos cannot do Zanzibar justice and the people of Jambiani are exceptionally friendly. The project does make a huge impact locally and you really feel that you are part of something important. If you get the chance joint \he project ,don't hesitate.

My unforgettable first experience in Africa

This experience was absolutely amazing! these three weeks changed me and my perspective of life. I made many friends from all over the world and was able to help change others lives. so thank you everybody!

My trip was africamazing!

It was my first time in Africa and I absolutely loved it. The community in Jambiani is so welcoming and loving, you feel right at home. Everyday is a busy day, but it always feels like a holiday. You get to meet so many lovely, grateful people while being on the project, I can hardly describe it as work!

My experience

Over my time here i have be pleasantly surprised with how much i have enjoyed this experience. Though tried after my three week stay, i will miss everyone and everything about this place. thank you ....

Jambiani

My time here in Jambiani has been incredible, I've learned a lot, not only in the meaning of teaching, but also in meaning of experiencing new things. Everything here was managed so well that i have never felt uncomfortable.

Volunteering in paradise

Volunteering in Jambiani, Zanzibar was the best experience in life!
The staff is amazing, you get enough support. And the community is one of the loveliest, amazing community that I have been in. I will come back!

Teaching and community project 10/04/17-01/05/17

My time on project w completely eye opening and breathtaking. We start our mornings being greeted with "Teacher! Teacher! Teacher!" And it really reinforces how important the work that African Impact does and how important learning is to the students. They hang on to and treasure every word you say because they do want to learn and it makes you feel so appreciated. The children's beautiful smiles are enough to turn your day around and fill you with happiness. Teaching adults has had a huge impact on me also. They too are so willing to learn and it is so important for them because they are nurturing their futures. As much as they want to hear volunteers teach, I also wanted to hear their stories. They are such strong, resilient and happy people. Their smiles are infectious and their reasons for wanting to learn English touch your heart. Coming home from teaching, everyone in the Jambiani village greets you with "karibu sana" and it becomes a home away from home very easily. On top of everything, the gorgeous ocean and beautiful nature of this town is stunning, and I feel so lucky to live in a world where places like this exist. I will never forget everything that I have done here, thanks to my students and locals, African Impact staff and my fellow volunteers.

2 amazing months

I spent 2 months in the project, my first week was a little bit slow because everything was new but my 8 weeks went so fast and I can't believe that it's the end, it was incredible, I will not forget!

Asante sana Zanzibar

It was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had and I would do it again a hundred times. I met amazing people (locals and volunteers) and had the possibility to learn a lot about the wonderful African culture.

Zanzibar - the perfect place to volunteer

I have had an amazing time here in Zanzibar, you can live so close with the local people and learn to understand their culture and way of living. The students really want to learn something and are open for everything and you notice that they really want to learn something and they respect you, even though you aren't a real teacher. The project managers informed us well, and the mood in the house, between the volunteers and the staff was great. The activities out of the project were very nice and we enjoyed a lot of different things at the weekends. If i have the opportunity I loved to come back once :)

Zanzibar teaching and community project

This was my second time on the project and I loved it as much as I did the first time. It is such a unique experience here and it is amazing to directly live in the village with the people next door. It is so great to see how much they welcome us being here and how much every student enjoys the lessons. Each lesson you finish gives you the feeling that you really can make an impact.