Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island
Volunteers group photo Volunteers group photo

Teach English to children and adults on Zanzibar Island

Such an amazing project

Such an amazing project that I feel blessed to have been a part of. Over the past 4 weeks I don't think I could have asked for a better experience, I've felt so welcomed into the community and have never met friendlier and funnier people with such character than the locals in Jambiani. I have enjoyed every second of teaching adult English, helping the students progress and expand their knowledge and most importantly getting to know them individually as each as they're all such interesting characters and a joy to teach and be around, I will most definitely miss it. An unforgettable experience and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

One of my best experiences

My three week stay in Jambiani has truly been one of the best experiences of my life. I came not knowing what to expect but have loved every day. The house is amazing with a 5 star view, the food a great mix between local and western and the staff and locals are all so friendly and welcoming that i felt part of the community. Teaching the adult classes wa my favourite part as I came to know my students really well and it was so fulfilling to teach them something they were obviously eager to learn. The trips were also awesome, my favourite being to the pongumi sandbank.Thank you to African Impact for this amazing experience. I couldn't recommend this project enough!

Lucy Jambiani

My experience with African Impact in Jambiani has been incredible. Having only spent two weeks here, I feel that I have had the opportunity to interact with local community and really made an impact teaching English to adult students. Overall, I believe I experienced just a fraction of what Jambiani has to offer and would have loved to stay longer to really see the difference I could make in the long term. All the staff were great and really helpful in making me feel welcome and settled into the project, and the weekends spent exploring Zanzibar were also unforgettable.

Ody's review

This was a great experience, the local people were adorable. Living with other volunteers was really nice. The weeks are really full. Time flies. It's a phenomenal feeling to see the students improving their skills.

Beautiful Jambiani!

I had an amazing experience doing the teaching project in Zanzibar for four weeks. It was like nothing else I've ever done before! The children at the nursery schools are gorgeous. Teaching adult English classes at the African Impact Community Centre was so much fun and was a great opportunity to meet the locals. I feel like I was able to contribute to the community and got to know the real Zanzibar including the people, food, culture and way of living.

Review

Apart from being sick, my time here has been meaningful and memorable. The people here will Always remain my friends and i will see them again! Thank you for the opportunity to be here.

What an impact!

African Impact is definitely living up to its name! It was a privilege to be part of such an experience. It was personal achievements galore as well as that rewarding feeling of helping others. All of the community really appreciate what the A.I. are doing and they are welcoming and friendly. I loved this experience, Asante Sana guys!

Had a very special stay here with lots of positive experiences.

Very positive experience, would do it again. I gained a lot of new insights in to a totally different world and really have the feeling the project is making good progress to leave a sustainable impact here in Jambiani for all the Locals. Also the team around Lisa, especially Claudy and Tessi are incredibly helpful and nice.

My dear Zanzibar

Thank you for everything, the sounds, the landscape, the people, the tastes, the experience.
you helped me to grow, you helped me to open and prepare myself for another kind of world.
you just got me out of my bubble.
nakupenda.

Must do volunteer project

I have volunteered in some different places before Zanzibar and they were all very good. However, Zanzibar project mix the best of all the projects. You do a lot of teaching, you are really in the community and keep in touch with them all day long. The place is also very beautiful and has a lot of different activities to do, like snorkeling or just walk on the beach that is right in front of the house. So, if you are thinking about joining a volunteer project, really consider coming to Zanzibar.

Jambiani - Nahid

Overall the experience is special and rewarding especially when you see the real impact that African Impact evidently has on lives in Jambiani. The volunteering is tough and takes some getting used to but once settled is quite enjoyable.

Jambiani - Juli

My experience was amazing! Wish i could stay longer. Everybody (Staff) was so nice and caring. I felt welcomed all the time and the projects were amazing! Kanga ladies is a very heart warming experience. For people that love the beach and love teaching, is the perfect combination.

Unforgettable

I had the best time! The people were amazing and the food was fantastic! You'll never have eaten something so good as the local meals and the event night are a blast. And at last the house has the best view over the beach!

Great experience with amazing people

this experience changed a lot of things in me. I got to know myself and the world better. I wanted the experience to broaden my horizons, and it definitely did, not only that, but also discovered myself.

Volunteering in paradise

Zanzibar is such a beautiful island and I got the opportunity to volunteer here. The atmosphere in the volunteer house was really amazing. Every volunteer has his own stories and life experience, it is really amazing to share that with each other. The local people are so friendly and they really love it to have you here. You can really help this people. The teaching is amazing, I really can't describe the feeling.

My time in Zanzibar

Coming to Zanzibar as a volunteer with African Impact was the best decision I have made in my entire life. I made new friends for life and I learned so much about life. I am sad about going home but I will come back and I am going to try to convince other people as much as I can !

Good experience for me, beautiful place and really nice people

I recommend this program for sure. I like the adult school and teaching English. I met people from different countries, spent time together during weekends, and chill in this beautiful beach.

Volunteering in Zanzibar

Beautiful people, beautiful place, welcoming culture. Hard work but towards an important goal.

Michele Jambiani

I had good times in Jambiani. I really liked teaching the adults English and enjoyed my time in the community very much. I will miss my students and everyone I met while I was volunteering with African Impact.

Great getaway and feel good factor

Amazing staff who have their hearts in the right places. They want to have the best impact educating the children whilst also making sure that you (the volunteer) gets the best in activities and opportunity.

More and more amazing than how I expected!

I didn't expect an experience so amazing. The group of volunteers was fantastic, we were from different countries and had different ages, and it was cool to share an experience like this. Children and teachers of the nursery schools are fantastic, and the adult people who came for the adult lessons of the afternoon to. And the staff of African Impact is so helpful, friendly and funny!

A Belgium teenager in Jambiani

I first came here to teach and share my english with the locals. I soon realized that these amazing poeple were going to give me way more than I could possibly do. The interactions with them are literally magics moments... Highly recommend this experience.

Zanzibar Volunteering

This program was incredibly enjoyable. Being a part of it has allowed me to experience Zanzibar in a unique way which brought me a more intimate insight into the island and the culture. The locals, and the team, are warm and welcoming making it easy to feel at home and not want to leave.

ZanzibarVolunteers

zanzibar is a very good country with many good people and i think that for a first experience in Africa it is the best country unfortunately it is a island really touristics so everything is expansive moreover my volunteers experience was amazing the people are nice the children and the teachers are incredible i am a students i am not a teachers so leaving this experience I have gained a lot.

My trip in Zanzibar

This trip was an incredible experience that I will never forget. During 4 weeks, I have spent my time to teach some amazing people, I have also met a lot of people from all other the world. This experience made me scared because I came alone, I didn't speak very well English but after maybe 1 week, I was like at home. This experience made me more confidence and its maybe one of the best experience of my life