ActionQuest Summer Adventure Program for Teens
ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Program for Teens

Incredible Summer Sailing Adventure Exceeded All Expectations

My son's experience was above and beyond our wildest expectations. He came back a confident and happy guy, very proud of having successfully faced the challenges of the trip. The counselors were top-notch - caring, capable, and fun. It was truly a life-changing experience for him.

I was very impressed with the program after initially talking to Jake on the phone. He spent a lot of time answering my questions and making me feel that the program was a good fit for my son. The staff was always helpful when I called with questions before the trip. Leah the travel agent was also very easy to work with for travel plans, and made the whole process a breeze.

My son's travel days went seamlessly. It was great that there were a few kids flying together from Boston, as he did not know anyone. These kids were very friendly right away, which was great.

While my son was away for the 3 weeks, we were treated to a creatively crafted blog posts every day - such a wonderful way to keep in touch and much appreciated. It was clear that the kids were really having a ball as we read the posts every morning.

I have never seen my kid as happy as he was when he returned. Just had a whole new air of confidence about him, and now has a whole set of goals he wants to work on - getting his sailing credentials over time, learning to scuba dive, and planning on taking a gap year to sail!

The instructors really seemed to make the trip for my son. Shannon, George, and Elise were so supportive and fun, and taught him so much. They really gave of themselves, it seemed. Also, my son really appreciated the fact that there was enough "down time" along with all of the super active time. That is really important to him. And that the kids were given a fair amount of independence when exploring on land. He felt that he was treated with respect and trust, which is so key at age 16!
He loved having time to wander around the various towns. He also loved visiting some of the historic sites, and the boat yard (I forget which island that was). It was great that there were some alternatives to the harder hikes for kids with major problems with the heat, like my son. He loves to eat, and had nothing negative to say about food - loved it all! Especially the opportunity to eat in the towns.

Overall an incredibly supportive, caring, exciting and nurturing environment was created on this trip, that gave my son a gift he will never forget!!

An amazing experience

Action Quest is truly a special program. The professional and kind staff are complimented wonderfully by the world class diving. I’ve been at Action Quest for 4 summers and went in for the first time as a completely beginner diver. I am happy to say that I am now a certified dive instructor thanks to Action Quest. It is a life changing place and everyone should go if given the opportunity.

High school summer program

ActionQuest is unique. Value added. My daughter LOVES it. She learns. She experiences things I couldn't ever duplicate. I like the values/priorities of the program - very down to earth. It's well run and I feel comfortable sending her (was very nervous the first year but not after that). The best thing about ActionQuest is what it means to my daughter - to see her sooo passionate about something! The diving, the kids, the Caribbean, the sailing, the achievements and the benchmarks she strives for. She looks forward to it all year - stays so connected to the other kids. I like the way the program builds on the previous year and she comes home with certifications."

• Satisfaction

Third summer and still amazing

ActionQuest is an amazing program that has really changed me as a person as I am now able to be more of myself instead of my shy self. Also the staff are all amazing and ensure that everything is running smoothly while having a ton of fun.

I was on "S/Y Pure Joy" first session and had Amelia (Meelz), Sarah, and Mike as my staff. Meelz has been an amazing role model for me ever since I first had her my first year at AQ 2 summers ago. She is an awesome instructor and friend, ensuring that everyone is having a good time. Sarah one of the nicest people I have ever met and always has a smile on her face - at the same time knows when she needs to be more strict with kids. I had Sarah last summer too and she has always been a great person to talk to. Mike is great staff member he is one of the easiest people to talk to and always has great stories to tell. He also is very good at handling kids and ensuring they stay in line. All of the staff on my boat really helped to make my session the best that is possibly could, always so excited about all the events coming that day!

• Satisfaction

Best summer program ever!

We were so tremendously impressed by the AQ program and team! This past summer was our first experience and it is evident that JR has certainly made some life-long friends, with whom he still chats. I especially loved the fact that these kids were from all over the world. Not only did he love his crew mates, but he also raved about the AQ crew members. Everyone with whom we met and spoke was nothing short of professional and helpful. At the end, when I met JR at the airport he was excited to see me, but he really missed all of the new friends he made during his AQ journey! Best thing a mom could hear. He also said he did not miss having his phone. We are already booked and counting the days until June 2018!

Incredible

best time of my life. I would go back in a heart beat. Best summer I could've asked for. Everyone I met was amazing and I've made friends that I know I will have for the rest of my life. Beyond exceeded by expectations.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

An amazing program and experience

ActionQuest is an extremely unique place that offers amazing experiences for kids of all ages and from all over the world. It has taught me so much, not only about sailing and scuba diving, but also about myself, and going to ActionQuest has made me a much happier person. I truly enjoy lifeworks forums. I think that they bring up important topics, and often bring boats closer. They also help connect the lessons that I have learned at ActionQuest to my life outside, so that I may bring these new lessons home with me.
The instructors were always happy to answer any sailing question and hand over the helm to any student who wanted to learn more about sailing. They made it very fun and interesting to sail the boat. Scuba diving instructions were also excellent, the instructors would help us plan our dives in the beginning, but then allow us to figure out how to do it on our own later in the trip. Diving is my favorite part of AQ, and it never fails to amaze me. The instructors are amazing, they clearly love what they do, which impacts each shipmate and allows them to have a great time. The friends that I made at ActionQuest are some of my closest friends now, and would have never met them without going to AQ. The people that you meet are just so interesting and amazing. The diving is beautiful, and the sailing is so much fun

AQ Neptune voyage

I have been a participant, staff member, and parent of several youth adventure/educational programs. AQ is at the head of the pack in all the above categories. Kudos for not "leaving well enough alone" but instead adopting new ways to further improve an already-great program. Some might say I'm biased in favor of AQ since I'm a former staff member as well as a current/recent customer. I say that gives me a unique perspective with more insight into the program than most. AQ continues to lead the way in innovation, transparency, educational focus, and just plain fun--all in a safe environment for teens. I had no hesitation sending my son to AQ, and I will continue to recommend the program to others. It's not inexpensive, but it's worth every penny. This was a significant investment for me and my family, but I have had no regrets...and yes, we consider it an investment in our son's future, not just an expense.