ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs

Verified
ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Programs

British Virgin Islands

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Program for Teens

Living aboard a sailing yacht in a small group of 10 to 13 shipmates of similar age, participants to this ActionQuest summer adventure program will experience the confidence...

This program has been saved 4 times

Save Program

Multiple Countries

ActionQuest Programs Mediterranean

ActionQuest offers a Mediterranean summer sailing program for teenagers ages 15 to 19. Participants live aboard sailing yachts for three weeks, earning sailing certifications...

Save Program

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Reviews

Life changing

My name is Lindsey Hogan and I was a student at Action Quest for two years (the summers of 2015 and 2016), and I am writing to tell you how incredibly formative and special Action Quest is, although I'm sure you already know. I've wanted to write to you all for a long time, but I struggled to find the words, and I still do as I write now. Before Action Quest I was introverted and had minimal self-confidence, and I shied away from too many things I could have enjoyed. Afterward, however, I have found the complete opposite to be true. I fell in love with the ocean and because of Action Quest as a whole, between traveling alone, to meeting a multitude of new people, to being in a bathing suit every day and so, so much more, I have become the person I have always wanted to be, and who I am now. It gave me the opportunity to gain perspective and a deeper appreciation of my life and how truly fortunate I am. I learned to put my phone down and experience the world and the people around me as much as I can because we can never know when we will no longer be able to. Action Quest will always be such a big part of me and I wish I could write something that will do justice to that feeling, but I honestly do not think its possible. I would say I still talk to my shipmates, but that would be untrue because I became closer with so many more people than just my Ka Ou Fe and Adonis families that I still keep in contact with. In the time since returning home, I have been visited, and have gone to visit campers from as far as Austria and they are some of the closest and most incredible friends I have. I still keep my cards with me, my flags next to my bed, all of my now printed photos from camp on the wall, and my boat playlists saved in my phone. Not being able to return for the summer of 2018 because of having to attend school affiliated programs broke my heart, and really hit home how much Action Quest means to me. I recommend it to practically everyone I meet and have convinced a number of people to attend over the past two years, simply because I think Action Quest is one of those rare things in life, where everyone is there because they truly want to be, and it's incredible. Thank you all for your hard work and everything that you do to make it possible, you really do change lives.

Incredible!

ActionQuest is an extremely professional organization providing the best of supervision, safety and unique opportunities for young adults. My 13-year-old daughter spent three weeks with AQ (summer of 2017) living onboard a 55' sailboat in the British Virgin Islands earning her Advanced Scuba certification with 3 additional specialties, studying marine biology and obviously sailing. She came home with a new appreciation for sailing and wanting to further pursue her new passion, diving.

From the moment we first inquired, through the actual program to the post-trip debrief, the staff has been extremely professional, responsive and genuinely interested in feedback. I have never come across an organization so committed to doing whatever they can to ensure the best possible outcome.

We have already registered our daughter for a return session next summer. Can't imagine a better way to develop not only the sailing and diving skills but also a sense of self-reliance, the opportunity to develop leadership skill and awe of nature in it's rawest form. Thank you ActionQuest!

AQ

I have completed two trips with ActionQuest, in the summers of 2016 and 2017. I participated in the Neptune and Rescue programs, both are part of the "dive side" of ActionQuest. Not only did I improve my diving certifications, I learned how to sail, and about the marine world. The program is run aboard a boat, meaning there is no daily routine, you sail to a new spot everyday. Each trip you sail about 250 nautical miles, and get to visit some of the most famous sites in the islands, such as the Baths and Sidney's Peace and Love.

• Satisfaction

Incredible summer sailing adventure exceeded all expectations

My son's experience was above and beyond our wildest expectations. He came back a confident and happy guy, very proud of having successfully faced the challenges of the trip. The counselors were top-notch - caring, capable, and fun. It was truly a life-changing experience for him.

I was very impressed with the program after initially talking to Jake on the phone. He spent a lot of time answering my questions and making me feel that the program was a good fit for my son. The staff was always helpful when I called with questions before the trip. Leah the travel agent was also very easy to work with for travel plans, and made the whole process a breeze.

My son's travel days went seamlessly. It was great that there were a few kids flying together from Boston, as he did not know anyone. These kids were very friendly right away, which was great.

While my son was away for the 3 weeks, we were treated to a creatively crafted blog posts every day - such a wonderful way to keep in touch and much appreciated. It was clear that the kids were really having a ball as we read the posts every morning.

I have never seen my kid as happy as he was when he returned. Just had a whole new air of confidence about him, and now has a whole set of goals he wants to work on - getting his sailing credentials over time, learning to scuba dive, and planning on taking a gap year to sail!

The instructors really seemed to make the trip for my son. Shannon, George, and Elise were so supportive and fun, and taught him so much. They really gave of themselves, it seemed. Also, my son really appreciated the fact that there was enough "down time" along with all of the super active time. That is really important to him. And that the kids were given a fair amount of independence when exploring on land. He felt that he was treated with respect and trust, which is so key at age 16!
He loved having time to wander around the various towns. He also loved visiting some of the historic sites, and the boat yard (I forget which island that was). It was great that there were some alternatives to the harder hikes for kids with major problems with the heat, like my son. He loves to eat, and had nothing negative to say about food - loved it all! Especially the opportunity to eat in the towns.

Overall an incredibly supportive, caring, exciting and nurturing environment was created on this trip, that gave my son a gift he will never forget!!

An amazing experience

Action Quest is truly a special program. The professional and kind staff are complimented wonderfully by the world class diving. I’ve been at Action Quest for 4 summers and went in for the first time as a completely beginner diver. I am happy to say that I am now a certified dive instructor thanks to Action Quest. It is a life changing place and everyone should go if given the opportunity.

Show more reviews