ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Header Image

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs

Verified
ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Programs

British Virgin Islands

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Program for Teens

Living aboard a sailing yacht in a small group of 10 to 13 shipmates of similar age, participants to this ActionQuest summer adventure program will experience the confidence...

This program has been saved 2 times

Save Program

Multiple Countries

ActionQuest Programs Mediterranean

ActionQuest offers a Mediterranean summer sailing program for teenagers ages 15 to 19. Participants live aboard sailing yachts for three weeks, earning sailing certifications...

Save Program

ActionQuest Summer Adventure Programs Reviews

Incredible!

ActionQuest is an extremely professional organization providing the best of supervision, safety and unique opportunities for young adults. My 13-year-old daughter spent three weeks with AQ (summer of 2017) living onboard a 55' sailboat in the British Virgin Islands earning her Advanced Scuba certification with 3 additional specialties, studying marine biology and obviously sailing. She came home with a new appreciation for sailing and wanting to further pursue her new passion, diving.

From the moment we first inquired, through the actual program to the post-trip debrief, the staff has been extremely professional, responsive and genuinely interested in feedback. I have never come across an organization so committed to doing whatever they can to ensure the best possible outcome.

We have already registered our daughter for a return session next summer. Can't imagine a better way to develop not only the sailing and diving skills but also a sense of self-reliance, the opportunity to develop leadership skill and awe of nature in it's rawest form. Thank you ActionQuest!

AQ

I have completed two trips with ActionQuest, in the summers of 2016 and 2017. I participated in the Neptune and Rescue programs, both are part of the "dive side" of ActionQuest. Not only did I improve my diving certifications, I learned how to sail, and about the marine world. The program is run aboard a boat, meaning there is no daily routine, you sail to a new spot everyday. Each trip you sail about 250 nautical miles, and get to visit some of the most famous sites in the islands, such as the Baths and Sidney's Peace and Love.

• Satisfaction

Incredible summer sailing adventure exceeded all expectations

My son's experience was above and beyond our wildest expectations. He came back a confident and happy guy, very proud of having successfully faced the challenges of the trip. The counselors were top-notch - caring, capable, and fun. It was truly a life-changing experience for him.

I was very impressed with the program after initially talking to Jake on the phone. He spent a lot of time answering my questions and making me feel that the program was a good fit for my son. The staff was always helpful when I called with questions before the trip. Leah the travel agent was also very easy to work with for travel plans, and made the whole process a breeze.

My son's travel days went seamlessly. It was great that there were a few kids flying together from Boston, as he did not know anyone. These kids were very friendly right away, which was great.

While my son was away for the 3 weeks, we were treated to a creatively crafted blog posts every day - such a wonderful way to keep in touch and much appreciated. It was clear that the kids were really having a ball as we read the posts every morning.

I have never seen my kid as happy as he was when he returned. Just had a whole new air of confidence about him, and now has a whole set of goals he wants to work on - getting his sailing credentials over time, learning to scuba dive, and planning on taking a gap year to sail!

The instructors really seemed to make the trip for my son. Shannon, George, and Elise were so supportive and fun, and taught him so much. They really gave of themselves, it seemed. Also, my son really appreciated the fact that there was enough "down time" along with all of the super active time. That is really important to him. And that the kids were given a fair amount of independence when exploring on land. He felt that he was treated with respect and trust, which is so key at age 16!
He loved having time to wander around the various towns. He also loved visiting some of the historic sites, and the boat yard (I forget which island that was). It was great that there were some alternatives to the harder hikes for kids with major problems with the heat, like my son. He loves to eat, and had nothing negative to say about food - loved it all! Especially the opportunity to eat in the towns.

Overall an incredibly supportive, caring, exciting and nurturing environment was created on this trip, that gave my son a gift he will never forget!!

An amazing experience

Action Quest is truly a special program. The professional and kind staff are complimented wonderfully by the world class diving. I’ve been at Action Quest for 4 summers and went in for the first time as a completely beginner diver. I am happy to say that I am now a certified dive instructor thanks to Action Quest. It is a life changing place and everyone should go if given the opportunity.

High school summer program

ActionQuest is unique. Value added. My daughter LOVES it. She learns. She experiences things I couldn't ever duplicate. I like the values/priorities of the program - very down to earth. It's well run and I feel comfortable sending her (was very nervous the first year but not after that). The best thing about ActionQuest is what it means to my daughter - to see her sooo passionate about something! The diving, the kids, the Caribbean, the sailing, the achievements and the benchmarks she strives for. She looks forward to it all year - stays so connected to the other kids. I like the way the program builds on the previous year and she comes home with certifications."

Show more reviews