Temple University Header Image Temple University Header Image

Temple University in Paris: French Language at the Sorbonne

6-Week Study Abroad in Paris

The 6-week study abroad program in Paris was an experience I will never forget. The courses are taught by native French speakers, but are designed for people who are learning French as a second language. This makes the language accessible and teaches a lot of authentic French culture as well. There are three different options for housing accommodations and meals, so you'll have the freedom to decide what works best for you. I chose to stay in the Foyer because it is the least expensive, but it ended up being the best option for me because staying there made it easier to make friends with everyone in the program. Monday through Friday, you have the freedom to do anything you want after your classes. This is a great time to explore Paris with friends. Then, on Saturdays there are organized excursions which take you to cities outside of Paris. These excursions are included in the cost of tuition, and they are really interesting. What I like about the program is that you can really make the experience what you want it to be. It was a great experience, and I learned so much from it. By the end of the trip, people even started asking me if I was French because they couldn't hear my American accent anymore!