Beach cottages Beach cottages

Marine Conservation & PADI Divemaster Internship Seychelles

My Creole Belle

As a young adult in his early thirties who had become frustrated with the arbitrary inconveniences of corporate life in a large city, I decided that it was time to pursue an education in something far more empowering than un-engaging, useless money-making, and otherwise pointless life schemes in urban environments. I wanted to learn something new. I wanted to make a difference. I wanted to live a more peaceful and communal life. I did all that in Seychelles.

Had a great time!

What I enjoyed and I consider the most positive experience with the program was DIVING and the great people on the project! And If I can go back I will because it was well organised, good value for money really had a great time!

Marine Biology and Conservation Education

I joined GVI in Seychelles because I was looking for a hands-on education in Marine Biology and Conservation. After weighing my options with colleges, universities and other intern opportunities I chose GVI because they seemed to offer the most thorough education and opportunities to perform and practice everything that I was being taught. I was not disappointed!

It was not easy work - I was in the classroom most of the day and was then asked to display what I had just learned in the water. It was a perfect mix of education and practice. After everything that I learned and all of the certifications I was given I look back at this Internship as one of the best educational experience I have ever had.

• GVI responded to this review January 18, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Hi Jo,

Thank you for choosing GVI and our marine conservation project in the Seychelles. It's fantastic to know that you had such a great experience and have described your time there as "one of the best educational experiences" you have ever had.

Good luck with your career and I am glad our team has played a part in your education while helping you make a sustainable difference.