An international experience counts, and Edge Hill is well-equipped to help you get the best out of your time in the UK and Europe. Located in the 13th Century market town of Ormskirk, you are never far away from the vibrant cosmopolitan cities of Liverpool (European Capital of Culture 2008) and Manchester (with its many theatres and music venues). International airports are situated in both cities; ensuring travel across Europe (and beyond) is easily accessible.
The visiting student program is an opportunity for undergraduates in the US to experience the UK higher education system firsthand for a semester or a year. Because of the flexible nature of our programs, students can choose from several hundred courses and credit is awarded by the student's home college in the US. Edge Hill has welcomed over 500 US students on to this programme and we remain a popular destination for discerning study abroad students who realize there is far more to England than London.
* Technology: Edge Hill University is one of the most wired higher education institutions in the United Kingdom, with a state-of-the art Learning Innovation Centre offering free internet access 24/7, along with wireless internet access across the main campus.
* Market Days: The historic Ormskirk market is held each Thursday and Saturday.
* Community Involvement: US students may participate in a host family program and in volunteer programs offered through the Students Union.
* Field Experience Program in Education: Eligible US students may elect to spend one day per week as a participant observer in a local primary school as a research project.
* Student Teaching: Eligible US students may spend from four to twelve weeks engaged in supervised practice teaching in local primary and secondary schools.
Fall, Spring, Summer, Academic Year
all year round
Bachelors Degree (Undergraduate)
- Admin (hospitality, Sports)
- Business Admin. & Management
- Comm. (radio, Tv, & Film)
- Computer Science / It
- Creative Writing
- Criminal Justice / Corrections
- English Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Human Res. Management
- Information Systems
- Journalism / Broadcasting
- Kinesiology/exercise Science
- Legal Studies
- Marketing, Ad., & Pr
- Performance Design
- Social Sciences
- Social Work
- Sports Science
- Theater, Drama, Dance
- Web Design
Cost in US$:
Price upon request
Program Fees Include:
Tuition: four or five classes per semester
Room: US students are usually assigned to single rooms in campus residence halls in which British students also live. A bed linen service is provided.
Board: A smart card is issued, which may be used in the three campus dining halls (There is also a kitchenette in each wing of the residence halls.)
Transportation: Free transportation is provided from and to the Manchester airport upon arrival and departure.
This Program is open to
Typically Participants Work