CISabroad participants CISabroad participants

Summer in Perugia, Italy

I absolutely loved Italy. The CISabroad program helped ensure me that I would be safe, a fear of mine since I was traveling alone, and made everything I needed to do easy to follow. I highly recommend CISabroad for any study abroad programs. I would definitely return to Italy, and would definitely travel again through CISabroad! With so many options, CISabroad will help you get to any destination!

Wonderful Times in Perugia

The Intensive Italian program in Perugia was the most exquisite experience. It gives you a great feel for Italy and provides amazing opportunities for using the language. The city itself is beautiful and you can easily lose yourself just wandering around.

AMAZING

This entire trip was a dream come true and I highly recommend anybody thinking of studying italian as a language to study in Perugia

Loved my professor and everyone associated with The Umbra Institute

Internet situation was awful, but I think that's just an italian thing.
Otherwise my apartment was amazing!!!!

Could have had more organized trips

watch for gypsys...they are everywhere!!

Social Life:
Perugia is great for students

I had a great experience and learned a lot from both the culture and my classes.

Perugia is a beautiful city filled with Italian culture. Much more than bigger, tourist cities like Rome and Florence, Perugia provided a more intimate experience for me. It is a charming and very historic city in the middle of beautiful countryside. The staff at the Umbra Institute were so helpful, and I had a great experience in both of my classes.

As long as you listen to what the staff tells you and make wise decisions, you will be fine.

Don't miss out on Perugia

Studying abroad in Perugia was honestly the best experience of my life. It's a small city filled with university students, so you're never far from something fun to do. At the same time, it's not like studying in Rome or Florence — you get the real immersion experience, and if you talk to someone in Italian, they respond back to you in Italian (which, honestly, is more rare than you think). I give my experience a 5/5; I have no complaints.

The best decision I've ever made!

I had a wonderful experience in Perugia. I felt that the program fully immersed me in the Italian culture. Classes were Monday through Thursday, so we had plenty of time to travel on the weekends. CIS sent Romina, the representative from Rome to take us to dinner the first week. She took us to the most popular restaurant in the city, Dal mi Cocco, and we had so much fun! CIS was very helpful with travel and finacial issues, and I appreciate their patience with me. Perugia is very much a fun college town, yet also a beautiful hilltop historic city. The best part of the trip was meeting people. We went to Italian cookouts and pool parties. The Italian students met with us to play basketball and soccer. Everyone in Perugia is so friendly and welcoming, I wouldn't trade my experience for anything!

I learned a lo, but I was not studying constantly. I loved my proffesor!

Our roommates were matched up perfectly, and the location of our apartment was great. Our landlord was very nice, and he helped us learn Italian.

Some information was given to us the day before we needed it. For example, the move-out instructions weren't sent until the end of the last week.

My Time in Perugia

Traveling to Perugia with cisabroad was definitely one of the best experiences of my life! I was able to travel all over the country while attending school and got really involved with the local life in Perugia.

Great

This program was a perfect amount of time to spend in Italy for people that need to return to their summer jobs! I had a wonderful experience and I am ready to go back and do it again!

My teacher was absolutely amazing. She was very knowledgeable and reliable with suggestions and grading.

I had to live in a single room with another student. Her room was supposed to be fumigated for bugs but it was not done until the last day of our semester.

I felt very involved with the community I lived in. The institute provided many opportunities to meet new people.

Sometimes things seemed unorganized and chaotic, but overall the administrative staff was friendly and patient.

I never experienced a time where I felt threatened or harmed. I was friends with locals that would look out for me and my American friends. I would advise to always remain cautious, you can never be too careful.

Social Life:
We went out every night and hung out with other international students and locals. Everyone was very friendly and I never felt threatened or scared. I was always comfortable, but still remained cautious of my surroundings.

Amazing experience.

I would do this again in a heart beat! This experience was that one I will never forget. I only wish I could stay longer and experience more.

Enjoyed going to class every morning and learning more. It was great to use what I learned outside of class as well.

Being in Perugia you are able to have more of a cultural experience, the umbra staff also provides tandems so students can interact with local Italians.

The staff was always a great help.

Felt safe walking with my friends.

Social Life:
Everyone is very welcoming here!

Environment-Lifestyle

The environment and lfestyle in Perugia is like no other. It's peaceful, yet crowded at the same time. It's much more easier to navigate compared to other big touristy cities like Florence and Rome. It's nice to know where everything is, and being able to see and run into the same people in the center of town. Perugia treasures the idea of creating a community-based environment. Very friendly, very welcoming. Always adventurous and something exciting

It took a couple of weeks to fully adjust, but it is an amazing experience. Not only do you learn about a whole different language, lifestyle, traditions, but you are also learning a lot about yourself and allowing yourself to take risks and enjoy this once in a lifetime experience.

After traveling to larger, tourtisty cities like Rome and Florence, I LOVE PERUGIA. Perugia became my second home and I feel so much more safe walking through Perugia streets at night rather than Rome. In Perugia you know exactly where everything is, you go to the same places, you recognize people (Americans and Italians). Just use your common sense as well and you'll be fine.

Social Life:
There were so many activities created through Umbra Institutute and local restuarants/cafes (pizza making workshop, aperitivo workshop, tandem, gelato night) Get out and meet new people and try new things! The locals of Perugia are very friendly and welcoming. It's all about seizing the moment and making the most out of your trip.

An Amazing and Unforgettable Experience!

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Perugia, Italy this past May and June. I appreciated being completely immersed in the Italian culture. Information for getting around to different areas was easily accessible through staff members and info packets. The occasional "free-food" hangouts were also helpful! I will always remember those six weeks of fun and learning.

Eat-aly

Umbra institute was a great experience. It seems as though there are a few more things they could do to personally make initiative to get involved more with the students to help them out because once you approach them, they are great and so helpful and personable. Perhaps housing could help a little more with the transition and situations, but there is hope because the staff is full of great people in general. In 5 weeks you just begin to get attached so leaving some of the staff was so bittersweet, but Umbra Institute was overall a great experience.

We had a few minor issues, such as spiders in a room that wash reported and we were told it would be fixed right away but was not until practically 2 days before we left. Also clearer instructions on how to use the gas and electricity with the key cards may have helped us make fewer cards bothering housing.

Tandems were a lot of fun and helped a lot.

Eh