Vantage TEFL Certification
Vantage TEFL Certification Header Image Vantage TEFL Certification Header Image

Vantage TEFL Certification

The Birth of a Pro!

I almost did an online-only TEFL and boy that would have been a mistake. I can’t see how one can become a real pro without stepping in a classroom.

I first learned how to create an efficient lesson plan so I could successfully deliver to a class of non-English speaking students. Each plan I made was first reviewed by the lead trainer so I got great input before I even stepped a foot into the classroom. I had to include such things as my teaching aims, the learner objectives and discuss any anticipated problems with potential solutions, as well as a complete lesson procedure.

Whew! As daunting as this was in the beginning, with each subsequent lesson plan I seem to get better and faster so that by the end I pretty much had this part of the ‘art’ down.

Then to the classroom. The observed teaching practice was extremely developmental and this is where I really acquired my teaching skills. I found myself improving with every class particularly from the excellent feedback provided by the course instructors. In addition to critiquing my last performance, I was always given a challenge to incorporate in my next teaching session.

The bottom lines is that I’m a far better teacher now. I am confident that the knowledge I’ve learned and the skills I have formed in this course will stay with me throughout my teaching career.

If I hadn’t done Vantage’s TEFL in-class training. I really wouldn’t have known how to plan and successfully deliver an English class. I probably would have burned out after six months or so.

But that didn’t happen. I’m ready to hit the classroom!

Phenom!

I did the Combined Course. This is a hybrid course where you do the curriculum online and then do your practice teaching in the afternoons/evenings.

The teaching practices were outstanding. I had to do six lesson plans—each one on a separate language topic. I got great feedback from Vantage’s trainers on each plan before I stepped into the classroom. This alone made me more than confident my class would be successful.

It was highly rewarding to execute my lesson plans see a real classroom application of my training. I was then ‘debriefed’ by my trainers on my teaching performance—what went right and a ‘challenge’ for me to implement in my next teaching session.

Vantage claims that teachers are born in the classroom and they are so right. Yes, I learned a lot of knowledge on the online part of the course, but it was only by really teaching in a live classroom that this new knowledge was converted teaching skills.

The combined course was best for me as I was working full time and could only afford two weeks to do the practice teaching. However, by combining the book work online, I felt I got the best of both worlds.

The Vantage team are suburb trainers. They have decades of English teaching experience and it really shows particularly when you’re getting feedback on your first teaching practices.

I would have no hesitation in pointing to Vantage to those considering a TEFL qualification. The practical exposure offered in a course like this offers an unparalleled experience to any solely online class.

Teaching French & English

I’m a native French speaking who’s also highly proficient in English.

While I initially took my TEFL to become certified to teach English, I was pleasantly surprised that the key ESA methodology (Engage-Study-Activate) they taught could also used to teach French. This was what we used in all our practice teaching methods and this method stresses flexibility and the use of elicitation and stress student engagement in the first part of the class.

The ESA places more emphasis on student-led grammar discovery, eliciting the grammar from students rather than giving a detailed (and often boring!) teacher-led presentation.
And while the grammar obviously changes from language to language, the fundamental way of having a student acquire their second language is remarkably similar. In discussions I had with the Vantage trainers I was surprised to learn that they had other others students using the ESA approach. One graduate teaches Mandarin and they even had one trainee apply for an English teaching position to be hired as a science teacher. He did his on-the-spot demo class using the ESA.

The Vantage instructors and staff were highly professional and, importantly, had a great sense of humor. The lead trainer has decades of classroom experience and his practical advice of what to expect and do in the classroom went far beyond the course book.
Vantage has a Jobs Coach and he trained us in resume writing and interviewing techniques. I worked with him on creating my own Power Resume and other job supporting materials like cover letters and thank you notes.

An extremely professional team where I developed the skill set to teach two languages.

A professional teaching certification

I already had experience and even success as a teacher. However, I felt I could be even better in the classroom if I learned the best teaching practices for language teaching. After doing a lot of research, I chose Vantage as it has American university certification at a Master’s degree level.

Vantage emphasizes the ESA teaching methodology—as opposed to the older PPP method. Though both approaches are very similar, ESA is a more effective technique than what I had had been teaching with beforehand.

Where I had previously taught had little in the way of formal lesson planning. At Vantage,
I first learned how to formulate great lesson plans that would be successful in the classroom.

I had to do six observed teaching practices—each one on a different language topic—so I had to develop six separate lesson plans. I got a lot of guidance on the plan and I typically would go through a couple of iterations until the trainers were satisfied. At least at the beginning. In the end, I got really good a formulating a new plan and in a lot less time.

Finally, I got great feedback on my teaching performance after each session. I felt I was really developing teaching skills after each class.

I’m more than happy with my Vantage experience. I attained world-class teaching certification from an internationally recognized school. As a result of Vantages professional training, time-proven techniques, and expertise in job placement, I already had a full-time teaching job only days after finishing the course.

I can’t imagine a more satisfying experience.

A professional approach

I was getting a ton of information I needed from Vantage--even before I left the States--to get me to Thailand and smoothly started in the course.

The heart of the course is the six observed teacher lessons. This is why I stayed away from online-only TELF providers. Vantage prepared me first. I would never have been able to get in front of a class without the experiences of the first week of the course, which included teaching method presentation and practice peer teaching.

My actual practicum—teaching to non-English began in the second week of training. The feedback I got after each class was great and instrumental in my development as a teacher. By the end of the course, you had the knowledge from and the skill of what teaching EFL was all about.

Vantage also has their own dedicated Jobs Coach—the trainer for the resume writing and interview techniques portion of the course. I sat with him after I graduated to develop my own Power Resume and I got a lot of guidance on where to network my new TEFL credentials.

The Vantage team are great trainers. If you want to get started teaching these are your guys.

• Published Content

Learning to be a TEFL trainer

I was already TEFL qualified and I’m an experienced teacher. What I needed was to observe a top-notch TEFL training course so I too could become an effective full-time TEFL at the center where I work.

Vantage came highly recommended by TEFL international who certify some 30+ training centers around the world. That endorsement was also supported by the fact that it’s the top-rated program in Thailand according to the major review sites like this one.

The first difference I observed was Vantage’s workshop style of presentation—instead of the lecture approach. This encouraged a lot more discussion with the students. The lead trainer also shared his decades of experience throughout each unit. The bottom line was the class ended up learning a lot more than just the course book.

Vantage emphasizes teaching with the ESA teaching methodology (engage, study and activate) where there is more emphasis on student-led language discovery, eliciting the grammar and vocabulary from students rather than giving typical boring teacher-led presentations. Under the ESA, students learn how to communicate successfully without fear of mistakes.

I learned a ton at Vantage. The trainers are truly world-class. This is a great program and I hope to incorporate a lot of what I’ve learned into my future TEFL classes.

One of my best courses

This is among the most interesting—and more practical—courses I’ve ever taken. The course led me to acquire new teaching skills to be successful in the classroom. I learn how to formulate a viable lesson plan and the how to successfully deliver it in any classroom.

My observed practice teaching sessions was where my new knowledge was turned into skills that I could use. I was super nervous at first and I thought I could never do this. By my last session I felt supremely confident..

Where Vantage really stand out is in their quality of their trainers. They are incredible in terms of knowledge and, with decades of teaching experience, they guide trainees every step of the way. You couldn’t ask for anything more.

I strongly recommend this course to anyone who’s want a professional career teaching. The Vantage team have everything your need—and more.

• Course Instructor

In need of professional certification

I wanted a TEFL course near where I live in Thailand’s Eastern seaboard. However. TEFL accreditation was a key issue for me so I chose Vantage as it’s accredited by two universities. The fact the both their University’s offered Master’s level credits was another consideration as I may decide to pursue a Master’s down the road.

I had taught English before but without much success. That’s when I realized I needed to be professionally trained. I wanted to learn how to teach successfully in a classroom.

Vantage’s course was extremely informative. The lead trainer made the grammar easy to understand and he taught it systematically. He was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all our questions.

For me, it was the observed teaching that was the heart of my training. I found that my new knowledge was fused into real teaching skills. After each practice session, I got valuable feedback from the trainers, which helped me to improve my teaching skills almost on a daily basis.

In addition to the course curriculum, I also found the supplements developed by Vantage extremely useful and very important—particularly the materials on resume writing and job interviews. I also sat down one-on-one with their Jobs Coach to create my Power Resume and cover letters.

At Vantage, I learned how to prepare and conduct a lesson and I feel highly confident in any classroom. I would highly recommend Vantage to those considering a professional teaching career.

I couldn’t be happier

I’m so glad I choose Vantage to do my TEFL.

Their TFLF curriculum is comprehensive and very well written. They’ve also created some special supplementary material that covers emerging new teaching technologies and assessment techniques that most TEFL coursed don’t even cover.

Of course and the program is only as good as its trainers. Here is where Vantage really stands out. The course was brilliantly delivered. Their Lead Trainer Chris delivered dry content in a highly engaging way. I know personally as I’m an experienced teacher who has done some 20 + years of corporate training. I was surprised by the many new teaching techniques I learned from this courses.

They also have a specialized Jobs Coach. This added part of the course focused on resume writing and interviewing techniques classes. These are highly unappreciated tools for launching a career as a professional teacher and everyone was surprised at the job offers they were getting.

They also have what they call their ‘definitive lists’ for a lot of different types of employers from the Top 100 Thai private and public schools, to private language academies, to universities, to demonstration schools…even online teaching and they even have an agreement with a major Chinese institute for those who want teach there.

Again, I couldn’t be happier. So much so that I’m signing up my daughter for an upcoming Vantage TEFL course so she can improve her English language skills.

Extra special help

First things first. With me, there was a high level of patience as they answered a ton of questions over many emails. They helped me find accommodation on my strict budget—giving me different options. They helped me arrange bus and train connections. They even let my young daughter come with me to the school for the first week, as her sports camp started a week later than TEFL course. One by one, they solved all my problems so I could enroll in the course and fulfill my dreams of teaching English overseas.

The course itself was great. I thought much of the curriculum and grammar review would be boring and, even though it was a lot of work, I was so engaged that I really enjoyed every minute.

I really learned how to teach during my practice sessions. This is where the knowledge I learned became (over time) teaching skill. A key part of the process was the excellent feedback I got from my trainers who helped me improve over each of my seven teaching sessions. It didn’t hurt that the teaching environment was superb. Thai students are so polite and attentive. They are a joy to teach.

Vantage provided an excellent primer about Thai culture as well as basic Thai language expressions. I also sat with their Jobs Coach and created my own individual resume, cover letter and I got an ocean of support as far as finding a teaching job. If you want to become a professional English teacher, these are your guys.

From an online student

I was working fulltime so I couldn’t take the time off to do a month-long course. Instead, I did the Combined Course, which is half online and half actual teaching in a classroom. The first part is the online completion of 20 units of the course curriculum as well as doing one lesson plan.

I then traveled to Thailand to do my observed teaching practices over a ten-day period. This is where I taught in front of non-English speaking students in a real classroom setting. Importantly I got detailed feedback from Vantage’s trainers for each session I taught.

Each of my six teaching practices had to on a different language topic. I also had to develop a separate language plan for each session that I got invaluable feedback on before I stepped into the classroom. While I did have to get on approved in the online portion of the Combined Course, it was getting this six approved by Vantage that really honed my talents.

This part of my course—the practicum as Vantage call it—was invaluable. While I had a lot of knowledge from the doing the course book online, it was really the real teaching where I developed the skills to be successful in a classroom. It was also fun in that Thai students are great to teach as they are attentive and are very polite.

I just wish that I had done the In-Class Course rather than the online version. After sitting in on some of Vantage’s lessons, I realize how much I missed by doing the book part on my own.

Relearning how to teach

This course made me realize how I previously taught— I had been a computer science teacher in Thai schools up to this point—was not very effective.

While we reviewed a number of teaching methodologies, the ESA (engage-study-activate) method I taught with at Vantage really showed me how to deliver a language topic to a classroom of non-English speakers.

The Vantage trainers motivated us through each stage of our training. They made the curriculum easy to understand…they walked us through making lesson plans…giving feedback each step of the way.

Vantage was also unique in their observed practice teaching sessions. We taught real nursing students at one of Thailand’s most prestigious medical colleges. It gave us an excellent opportunity to put into practice all the teaching theories we learned.

The help on the job front was fantastic. After we created my new resume and cover letters, I was interviewing within days. I had two offers with two weeks of graduation.

My Vantage TEFL training has been one of those best things that have happened to me in Thailand. For future professional teachers, I would recommend this program without question.

Developing professional teaching skills

I knew that I needed professional training to develop my own skill set in language teaching. And to do that, I required a TEFL course that would not only enable me to revisit grammar but also introduce new teaching methods.

After researching different training schools, I was sure that Vantage was the right program for me. Their Lead Trainer has more than 20 years of experience in education. Their Jobs Coach has worked in three different industries. Any questions I had, these guys were always there to help me.

I first learned how to create effective lesson plans. It took a while at first, but I got really good guidance each step of the way. By the time I did my sixth plan, I was really into the swing of things.

Next I had to put the plan into practice in a real classroom with non-English speaking students. There are very few courses that give their students such live training to prepare them for real world classrooms.

This course has far exceeded my expectations. It commended me where I was strong and it challenged me in areas that still needed attention. It the end, I felt I became the professional level teacher I wanted to be.

If you serious about entering the teaching profession, then look no further than Vantage.

• Course Instructor

Teaching Thai kids to be competitive

I’m a native English speaker who’s fluent in Thai and I wanted, in my own small way, to make a difference in the lives of young Thai students. I wanted to give them the skills they would need later in life in a more competitive and global marketplace. And having a good level of English is one skill that they will undoubtedly need.

I also realized that to make that happen and to be as effective as I could be in the classroom and had to learn how to teach. Up to this point, my knowledge of ‘education’ was the years I spent observing on the other side of the desk as a student.

Vantage was just the ticket for me. I was taught to create lessons through the communicative approach. The teaching training curriculum breaks this all down into six key areas of study from language awareness, to teaching materials, one-to-one tutoring to teaching techniques.

For me, however, creating full-blown professionals is done in the classroom through the observed teaching practices. Here theory meets practice. I grew after each teaching session as I got detailed feedback from the Vantage trainers. They highlighted what I did well in my lasts class and gave me a new challenge for my next session…areas that still need to be worked on. My confidence grew daily. After six observed teaching practices, I was ready to begin fulfilling my aspirations.

The trainers at Vantage are world class. They have decades of experience. They experts in many areas of education such as testing through their years of working as a Cambridge exam centre. They know how to use language proficiency systems to test students and to source teaching material appropriate to the level of the students were teaching.

I’m now ready to embark on a career in the classroom…and maybe down the road as a developer of teaching materials. Stay tuned!

Graduated Friday—hired Monday

I’m a non-native English speaker (NNES), so I was more than a little worried about my new career choice—particularly when so many English teacher jobs ads scream “native speaker only.” On top of that, I had no previous teaching experience.

My concerns led me to Vantage. In a lot of their reviews—and even their online videos—NNES’s were talking about the advantages of not being a native speaker of English. I knew there and then that these were the trainers for me.

First I had to learn how to teach. Here Vantage first built a strong and solid foundation. I learned how to create effective lesson plans. Each plan was reviewed by the trainers and the feedback led (eventually) to a really great plan to approach a language lesson. Then during my observed practice teaching classes, the theory I learn in the TEFL course met the practical demands of my students. The detailed feedback I got after each lesson made me even better after each session and gave me even more confidence.

My confidence as a teacher really grew during these practice teaching sessions. By the sixth practice, I felt I was ready to teach anyone anywhere.

Vantage was also absolutely fantastic in their job preparation. During my last week, we created my own personal Power Resume with a Cover Letter. I was then coached in effective interview techniques. Something must have worked. I got hired the Monday after my Friday graduation. They wanted me to start immediately!

Have TEFL—will teach

Vantage comes highly recommended if your goal is to become a highly professional teacher

Traveling throughout Thailand, I got interested in teaching English after visiting some remote schools and giving a couple of English lessons. I really enjoyed teaching the kids for a few hours but I quickly realized I didn’t really know what I was doing.

So I began researching TEFL courses so I could get properly trained. My research led me to Vantage TEFL—mostly through their very detailed reviews online.

Vantage, unlike many other TEFL programs, has its teacher candidates do at least six hours of practical teaching in a live classroom in front of actual non-English speaking students.
It starts with lesson planning. The process of creating effective lesson plans—and getting professional feedback on those—was a huge factor in giving me the confidence that I was ready to step into a classroom.

Their lead trainer has over 20 years of teaching experience. And they guide you each step of the way. These guys are truly great!

They’ll answer your questions not only throughout the course but after you graduate too. We built my personal Power Resume after I completed the course. They taught me how to my past work can be used—they call it transferable skills—to build a career in teaching.

• Published Content

A professional course for career ambitions

For one month, I learned something new about teaching in every class session. And yes this class is intensive but I was guided every step of the way.
The lead trainer was excellent and always available for any help. The way he taught each unit was very effective. He has over twenty years of classroom and materials development experience, so the training discussions typically illuminate and go beyond the standard course book.
While teaching theory and methodologies are very important, it’s the observed teaching practices—where theory meets the reality of the classroom—that you really learn to teach. After each observed teaching practice, I was given extensive feedback from the trainers that really helped me realize where I was strong and challenged me in other areas which still needed more development.
Vantage also has a separate “Jobs Coach” trainer who showed me how to create my own Power Resume. We actually sat down and did that one-on-one as the course concluded. We also developed Cover Letters and other job support materials.

I would also highly recommend taking this course to anyone who is serious about a career teaching English. You will leave with the requisite teaching skills—ready to successfully teach English in any classroom.

Teacher development

I was more than curious to see how learning to be an English teacher could all be boiled down to a one month course.

The classes that teach functional teaching techniques—like methodologies and grammar--are also broken up into small, easy to digest, portions that provide the students with a format that is easy to learn, reproduce, and perform.

However, the heart and soul of the program—at least in terms of me becoming a professional teacher—are the observed teaching practices. What I learned in Vantage’s classes, I now had to apply to a real classroom of non-English speaking students. Yes, I understood what was covered in the course materials, but I now wanted to create positive and effective teaching habits sd I could, in effect, doing the correct techniques without thinking about it.

The feedback I got from each class was invaluable and was a huge factor in the development of my confidence as a teacher. It didn’t hurt that the Thai students we had were incredibly polite and were a joy to teach.

I also got great pre-course info to help me get settled in Bangkok by providing practical and specific information as to where to stay, how to get to class, where to shop and to do everyday routine chores.

The Vantage team has a wealth of knowledge in helping students understand the many job opportunities available in Thailand and in Southeast Asia. I highly recommend this course for those serious about a career in the English teaching industry.

100% confident

Before I started Vantage TEFL course, I spent a lot of time researching on TEFL courses and I made the decision that a face to face course would be far more beneficial, as there is a practical teaching component to the course.

For me, it had to be internationally recognized and accredited by a reputable educational Institution. Secondly, they had to have to have a minimum of six hours of actual teaching practice. Thirdly, the trainers not only had to meet, but exceed stringent academic requirements for teaching TEFL. Having Cambridge University accreditation and backed by Fort Hays State University, met that Vantage certainly met all the criteria.

Was I prepared for the challenge Vantage would put me through? Yes, but this course pushed me beyond my comfort zone on occasion. The lead trainer Chris was always there to encourage and help us. As a trainer, you would be hard to find someone any better. He has 25+ years of experience, strong industry knowledge and he always goes the extra mile with every aspect of the training. He will do everything in his power to ensure that you are prepared and confident teaching English.

Teaching a language is much more about getting the students to speak—and motivating them to do the work. I now feel 100% confident I can enter any classroom and successfully teach English!

A doctor turns teacher

I found, during my hospital residency just after medical school, that the part I enjoyed the most was educating my patients about healthy lifestyle options and medical treatments regimens. So I took a TEFL in order to really try out the teaching profession.

Before, most of my schooling had been based in sciences and not the arts which is where I would have previously classified languages. I was surprised to find both theory and methodologies of teaching languages were much more evidence-based than I originally thought. Particularly during my observed practice teaching sessions—teaching in a live classroom—I got to try all my newly learned techniques out on non-English speaking students. This is where art met science. Their emphasis is what works in the classroom

Vantage’s trainers gave me invaluable feedback. The trainers are incredibly friendly and eager to help you succeed. They are quite knowledgeable but have a levity which helps your learning.

They also have a local industry knowledge which is great if you’re looking for work in Thailand, China or elsewhere in Asia. They have a specialized Jobs Coach who will both plug you into their network of schools, but you will first develop your Power Resume and supporting job documentation materials. This was particularly helpful in my case as my goal is to teach science in English in Asia.

Overall, the course was a fantastic experience. I’m now ready to teach anywhere anytime. I would highly recommend Vantage if you wish to become a professional teacher.

A Thai English teacher goes TEFL

I was nervous about doing a TEFL course because as a Thai, I was the same nationality as my students. And in Thailand, being a non-native speaker is a big advantage

Vantage made me think about this differently. They made me appreciate that, as a non-native speaker, I brought advantages to the classroom. They told me that the process of learning a second language—something native English speakers rarely do—was very helpful in motivating students in second language acquisition.

In fact, I found I become a role model for many of my Thai students. After class and they came up and told me that they didn’t really believe they could ever speak English like their American teachers. The fact that I’ve mastered English give them encouragement to keep trying.

Vantage’s TEFL program was truly first class. I developed my teaching style each step of the way during my practice sessions. I got great feedback after each class. I was challenged to incorporate something new into my next teaching session. As I grew more confident after each practice session, I became more competent in the classroom.

I couldn’t have done this without these guys!. They have small class sizes so we all got a very personal level of attention. Their lead trainer and he has a wide-ranging experience in teaching English and in creating teaching materials. He took a strong personal interest to see how I was developing into a professional teacher. Yes this course was intensive, but it was always engaging, and interesting.

A Corporate Lawyer turns to Teaching

I wanted to bring my extensive background in risk management and corporate law into business English training. In one of the companies I worked for—a Japanese corporation—I was the attorney and sat on the Executive Committee that was broadly half American and half Japanese.
It was during this time, that I realized there was a real need for non-native speakers needed a batter understanding and grasp of legal issues that arose when there company was working internationally.
This was my key motivation to go back and learn how the methodologies and techniques to present language topics. My future students will need to address legal issues in English as they market products and operate in a global market.
Vantage’s course was the missing link. They gave me the tools I needed as I have learned a lot about the techniques in teaching a second language..

The feedback we got from the trainers from our teaching practices was always focused on how we could be better in our next observed session. They had a way of presenting weakness as challenges and I could see how both I and the other trainees got a lot better as the practicum went on. This was for me one fo the most important parts of the class.

The sessions we did about language proficiency were eye-opening. This was something I really hadn’t considered before. We learned how to ascertain the language proficiency level of an individual student and then create lesson plans that were tailored to the English level of that individual student. This course has made me a complete teacher

An Experienced Teacher gets Re-trained

I hold a degree in child development and about 10 years teaching experience—mostly in the USA. So I was pretty skeptical that this course would be useful for me.

Given my pessimistic view, I was surprised at how challenging Vantage’s course would be. For starters, the instructor was excellent. He was well-versed in what he was teaching and his insight and ideas that were a great guide to developing better techniques for good teaching. He was always available for questions or help.

Our observed teacher practices at the college were the heart and soul of the course. The instructor was there to observe, offering excellent feedback. He was great at giving input, using constructive criticisms in a way so as to inspire and not offend. He also always left us with a challenge for our net teaching practice.

The course also did a great job guiding us into making a good lesson plan. We learned how to carry them out and got valuable feedback from the lead trainer. A lot of time was spent focusing on lesson planning. I was particularly bad at lesson planning and I learned quite a bit from this.

After I completed the course, the Jobs Coach worked with me one-on-one. We crafted my own Power Resume and Cover Letter that was targeted to the educational market segment I was focusing on. I was quite impressed by this resume and his advice on how to make resumes that employers like and will get your foot-in-the-door.

Last, but not least, they offer an abundance of resources on their website to places that you can get materials (workbooks, textbooks, teaching aids, etc), job placement websites, school organizations, etc.

Overall, I would highly recommend this TESOL certification school. You will certainly get your money’s worth. If there were any point of criticism I would have, I would have liked there to be more resources readily available for teachers who plan on teaching younger children. Vantage receives my top marks.

A dual language teacher

As a native Russian speaker, I had my doubts about passing this class. I was worried my English was not good enough. I was also concerned I’d be the youngest student in the class of experienced instructors.

So I spent a lot of time researching on teachers’ training course programs trying to find the best fit for me. Vantage had one of the more serious websites and that was a key attraction. And I also got immediate replies to all my questions—and there were a lot of them. I figured that if that had this much time for me before I enrolled, they’d give me extra attention and really take care of me as a student. That was exactly the case.
Having said that, I didn’t expect the course would be as hard as it was. Vantage TEFL course is intensive, so you most likely be a little exhausted during the class, but in a creative and good way. You’ll learn a lot of very important teaching techniques and methodologies like planning lessons, managing classes, eliciting target language and teaching aids. Vantage’s trainers guided me at every stage. Almost every day I really saw myself growing as a teacher.

At my previous school, I was a teacher of both English and Mandarin. The teaching techniques I learned here—although taught within an English context—will be great when I teach Chinese as well.
I would like to thank Chris, for being both an extraordinary teacher and mentor. Thank you for your patience and feedback you gave me. Also, the classes on creating your own “Power Resume” as well as the job interview techniques sessions were super helpful as I had no I idea about this as I’ve never studied anything on this before.

So, thank you, Vantage TEFL for helping me to become 100% confident and to find advantages of being a young teacher and a non-native speaker.

An experience I won’t forget

My TEFL experience is a course I will never forget. I wanted to explore abroad and the opportunity to teach English was something I learned from friends at university. However, coming to a country with so many people from my cozy New Zealand seemed like I was biting off more than I could chew.

Vantage immediately put me to rest. The course director was super helpful in the weeks leading up to my TEFL studies. I was provided with very useful information regarding visas, accommodation, transport—everything I needed to know to get settled in Bangkok and complete the course.

On the first day, we met Chris, our trainer. We bonded with our peers and the dove straight into teaching theory. I was the youngest in the class ), but we were all treated as equals as we were all in the same situation—training to be professional English teachers and finding out what that really meant.

The course wasn’t a piece of cake—a lot of work needed to be done but they provided more than enough resources and support for the tasks to be completed to the highest standard. Due to Vantage’s relatively small class sizes, it was very personal and any queries were answered instantly. The trainers had a lot of time for each of us.

I truly loved teaching at the nursing college—where we did our observed teaching practices. It was a wonderful learning experience. Observations from the trainers and our peers helped us improve after each practice lesson. I particularly found this part of the course the most important component in my development of a teacher. I couldn’t imagine doing an online-only TEFL and missing what they call the practicum.

Vantage encouraged me to reach my full potential. They really built my confidence. They truly go out of their way to give their students the very best preparation to teach English and become great teachers. I feel ready and able to teach English. Thank you, Chris, Kevin, Ryan and the rest of the Vantage team.