USAC THE NETHERLANDS: The Hague - Undergraduate Courses
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC THE NETHERLANDS: The Hague - Undergraduate Courses

6 months in heaven

Living in The Hague on this exchange was a life changing experience. Throughout my 3.5 years of college, this was by far the most amazing semester and has since influenced many of my life decisions. This is a great program for someone who wants the independence of going abroad more so as an individual than as a part of a group. USAC was great in terms of answering any questions I had but didn't hold my hand throughout the process. The only issues would happen during exchange orientation but the host school (HHS) seemed a bit more disorganized than what the American exchange students were used to.

Housing was great! I loved living in Waldo (Waldorpstraat 47 is the best building) since it was full of exchange students. My apartment was 4 people 1 bathroom. Everyone has their own individual bedroom and Ikea is one town over in Delft! The friends I made in my building are still people I've remained friends with 2+ years later!

Being an American exchange student definitely gave me the leg up in terms of academics. All of the classes are in English. Everyone's required to take Dutch Culture & Society. This course required you to attend either class field trips or explore the country individually and write reports.

Living in The Hague was an incredible experience. I was able to travel all around the Netherlands using the great train system. My bike became my best friend. Living 30 minutes from Schipol also makes it super easy to travel all around Europe. Stroopwafels are the best snack and living in the Netherlands on my USAC Exchange made me want to eventually move there and return to the Netherlands.

Great city and school, horrible admin

Den haag and the school here is totally amazing it costs a ton but is 100% what you think life here would be like. the school is legit and the professors are super amazing I like going to class here but its harder for sure then my school in the US. I love it here but USAC was pretty much useless the whole time and even took us in the wrong direction for housing. We had 3 different USAC contacts and never really knew who to ask our questions and trust me you will have a ton. When they did respond they kind of just said well that sucks and you still had to do it on your own. The international office here in den haag is not much better but hey you get super good at being independent. the social life is great and the people are great I just wish I got some help and didn't have to pay so much to do it all on my own.

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review October 19, 2016 at 4:22 PM

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you didn’t know who to contact at USAC with your questions. You can always reach out to us at studyabroad@usac.unr.edu. The Hague is one of our partnership programs and is supported by the international office on the campus. We would like to hear more about your experience with the international office to work out any issues you may have encountered for future students. Feel free to email me specifics at daniellelongley@unr.edu.