USAC ITALY: Verona-International Business & Italian Studies
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC ITALY: Verona-International Business & Italian Studies

Best 5 months of my life

Verona is the best place to study abroad. It's a big enough city to have enough to do but small enough that I constantly felt safe and knew where I was going. So much history, views, architecture, activities and delicious food. The USAC administrators were amazing, friendly and always there for any questions. Easy to get around to many other countries. I made wonderful friends there I'll have forever. I absolutely loved my study abroad experience.

Studying abroad in Verona

Verona is a very beautiful city and one of my favorite places in the world. I studied abroad for a semester in Verona and it was one of the best experiences of my life. As soon as I got off the plane I was greeted by two of the nicest ladies you will ever meet Irene and Anna. They gave us an awesome orientation and were always willing to drop everything to help me out. The classes were fun and many of them got us out of the classroom and took us on walks of different parts of Verona. The living areas were a little far from school so we had to take a bus everyday and I thought that was an awesome experience because you learn so much about the culture by using public transportation. All of the American students live in the same apartment complex so it allowed us to get close with one another. Verona is also well located in Europe so I was able to travel to 11 different countries and various places in Italy very easily. It was also pretty cheap to travel to all of these places as well. Also included in the program are a few field trips to places in Italy. My group went to Venice, Lake Garda, Innsbruck Austria, and a few others. Studying abroad in Verona was for sure a once in a lifetime experience.

Verona: the happiest city on Earth

Verona is a magical place. From the moment you arrive in town, you immediately feel at home. Whether you find yourself in the city center or on the outskirts of town, getting lost in Verona is a good thing. As a student of the USAC Verona program, I am lucky enough to live here for four months. It has only been 3 weeks and the thought of leaving in May is a thought I try to push to the back on my mind. My studies here are interesting and stimulating with my professors incorporating Verona into the lessons. Being Italy, the food is of course beyond comparison (I would encourage trying risotto - the regions signature dish). Verona is called the city of love (due to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet) and while that can mean with another individual I think it means falling in love with this city... or at least that is my impression of it!

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review February 10, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Thanks for providing your feedback! We're so glad you had a great time in Verona!

My Time In Verona

Before coming to Verona, Italy I had no idea what to expect. I had never traveled outside of the United States and I had no idea what kind of life changing experience I was in for. Verona opened my eyes to so much of the world and has encouraged me to pursue new opportunities and experiences. What I really enjoyed about Verona is that you really feel immersed in the Italian culture, which is different from more of the larger touristy cities in Italy. I was able to meet Italian locals, enjoy the beauty of Verona every day on my walk to class, go to aperitivo in the piazzas, and so much more! This city completely made me feel like I had a home away from home. I was also able to travel quite extensively during my time In Verona to many places in Italy and other countries as well. Verona is a great hub for transportation, but every time I left to go to a new place, I was eager to get back home to Verona. Being in Italy changed me so much as a person and I would recommend it to anyone - no matter where you are at in life! After my departure, I find myself missing Verona every day, and I cannot wait to come back!

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review February 03, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Hi Olivia, we're so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time in Verona. Thank you for being a part of our inaugural semester!