USAC IRELAND: Cork - Full Curriculum
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC IRELAND: Cork - Full Curriculum

The Beauty in Ireland

I had an absolutely incredible experience studying abroad in Ireland. The program made my life infinitely easy and was incredibly thorough in preparing our journey. The housing was perfect, as it was close to campus and an easy walk from downtown. We had a kitchen and were able to decide what kind of room set-up we would like. The company who owned the building was incredibly kind to us students who were studying abroad and was always available to lend a helping hand. One of my roommates was even an Irish student which made it even more fun! There were always points of contacts who were not only available to help and guide us, but also were incredibly sweet, loving and comforting. Immersion into Irish culture was incredible as we went to school with predominantly Irish students and it was easy to make friends. It was also so enjoyable going to the USAC dinners and excursions to learn more about Ireland and talk to others.

The Best Time of my Life!

I could not have asked for a better time during my five months living in Cork. The people I met, the classes I took, and the immersion I got impacted my life in such a positive way that I could not experience in any other way. The Irish people and culture are so special and welcoming. I met people who will be forever friends, traveled around one of the most beautiful countries in the world, and do not have a single regret throughout my entire time abroad.

Experiencing Cork

Studying abroad can be terrifying. It's also exhilarating, bewildering, and a little bit magical.
When I studied with USAC, I felt that I was well taken care of. Every student was kept track of, especially during weekend adventures and outings, but we never felt smothered. There was room to grow- and grow we did. Each class was fascinating; at first, it seemed impossible to choose which ones we'd like to take. Once we settled into our courses, however, it was as if everything was meant to be.
Every trip we embarked on, from visiting Cahir Castle to the Rock of Cashel, was amazing. Allowing ourselves to become fully immersed in the culture while maintaining a net of friends was easy. Even with culture shock- which does and will happen- there was understanding and assistance to pull us through.
I await the day I may return to Cork. It was lovely, vibrant, and full of history. The friends I and experiences I gained while studying helped shaped me into the person that I am today. Studying abroad wasn't so much about study as it was learning and living. So, my advice is: go forth and live. You may learn a thing or two.

Cead Mile Failte!

Traveling to Ireland was one of the best life decisions I've ever made. I never wanted to leave, and left a part of me there. I studied at University College Cork in Cork City. Cork is very homey and can become acquainted with the small city easily. Although it is small, there's something magical you can find about it everyday. I typically live in large cities in the US (coming from Chicago) and I loved the feeling of the city. Also Irish culture is fantastic! Everyone just wants everyone to be having a good time in every situation. The locals are very welcoming and you can strike up a conversation with anyone in your local pub (which there are many to choose from!) The academics are most definitely different than in the states, but it's easy to navigate. USAC helped every step of the way through housing, enrolling, etc. It can be stressful some of the time but as long as you keep an open mind and just go with the flow you can have the time of your life.

A New Home in Cork

USAC Cork was the best experience. There is no way I could have been as immersed in the culture or found a new place to call home without it. Ireland and its people are beautiful and USAC's field trips took us out to see more than we could have on our own. Our resident director, Mary, was always there to help, and to have her along on trips was so valuable as she shared her experiences and stories of her childhood in Ireland, which really made the experience so special.
The classes I was able to take at UCC with other Irish students were incredibly interesting and allowed me to meet other locals.
I can't say enough good things about my time spent abroad. To have the opportunity to live in Ireland without worrying about falling back in school was perfect for me.
Thank you USAC!

An absolute banger of a year

Everything having to do with getting to Cork, living in Cork, and learning in Cork was made easier by USAC. It felt like a small supportive community that helped me get settled in my new home, and I was so happy with my living arrangement.

• University Studies Abroad Consortium responded to this review June 12, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Thank you for the review! We're so glad you enjoyed your time in Cork!

USAC, Cork Ireland is winning.

USAC has a great program, super friendly and helpful and the woman in Cork becomes a second mother. The accommodations are super convenient in a great location. The only thing that I wanted more from was the university, it felt a bit too easy but on the plus side that gave me more travel time.