USAC CHINA: Shanghai-International Business Studies
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC CHINA: Shanghai-International Business Studies

One of the best choices I have ever made

I loved studying abroad in Shanghai with the USAC Program. The program price is very reasonable compared to other programs in China. The USAC administration in the U.S. and China was very helpful before and during the program. I loved the cultural immersion tours to Beijing, Xi'an, and the smaller cities around Shanghai. The school is very centrally located and is only a few stops away from Nanjing Rd (the main shopping area). The campus also has many food options in case you don't want to eat at the school cafeteria. Overall, choosing the USAC Shanghai program was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to study abroad.

An immersion into one of the largest cities in the world that did not disappoint

The program allowed me to explore professionally, culturally and freely. The coursework was great but the real experience came from the city of Shanghai. I attribute this program to my current full-time position as it allowed me to find an aspect of work I enjoy and have a passion for. The staff within the USAC program was stellar, well connected and helped us as much as we wanted. Numerous of other students, I know, leveraged our professor's networks to learn outside of the classroom and be able to take those findings to better their careers moving forward.

Great experience

Had a blast studying abroad Fall 2015 to Spring 2016 in Shanghai with USAC. There were fun adventures and had time to go on our own to explore the city and country. Lived on campus in a dorm, and the living situation could have been better but is a sight better than what local students are provided. Great food close by and lots of chances for trying new things.

Learn, Live and Study in Shanghai!!!

If you are looking for an opportunity to learn or improve you mandarin Chinese, study business or learn about Chinese culture in greater depth then USAC's Shanghai program is for you. After spending one year in Shanghai in the USAC program i can truly say that this program offers students one of the most valuable and best opportunities to study abroad, whilst providing students from around the world the opportunity to learn, travel and have fun in China!

Academics are great. Teachers including Fei Fei and You Sha give you helpful chinese lessons. The other great thing about the academic is the pace. Classes are generally 3 hours 3 times a week (Chinese language tracks) and result in learning a lot in a short period of time. This means after leaving class you can go and practice what you have learned every week!

Flexible including:
single-room dorms (small but cozy and convenient)
Shared dorms (a little bigger but less privacy and less expensive)
Off-campus (imo the best option but also the most expensive)

The program itself is designed to give you the power to control the level of immersion you want. Whilst some students choose to live in shared dorm with other western students and limit their immersion to classes and the occasional shop for necessities, other choose to live off-campus with Chinese residents or on their own among the locals :P. In addition, extra-curricular programs such as language corner offer you an added opportunity to practice chinese and give you the chance to immerse yourself constantly while in China.

Jessica and You Sha are fantastic, you cannot ask a better service from this program. They will help you tirelessly with academic and administrative issues you may have and will also help with VISA issues.

Big Shanghai

I love Shanghai. Seriously... everything about it is wonderful. There is always something unexpected and new to see and do. The people are kind and the food is incredible.

I primarily chose to study abroad in Shanghai, China because I am an International Business and Marketing major. I felt that I would have an advantage upon graduating not only understanding one of the largest cultures in the world, but speaking the most widely spoken language in the world.

My experience with USAC was nothing other than pleasant. The Resident Director, You Sha, was a miracle worker, she always had advice on where to go, where to eat, how to get around, and if you hurt yourself in a freak accident, she was right by your side making sure that you were ok and had the proper care. The courses USAC provided also fulfilled requirements at my home university, a very big advantage to study abroad. Lastly, the people I was surrounded by were wonderful and from all over the world, many of which I am still close with.

Study abroad in Shanghai, you will never regret it!