USAC AUSTRALIA: Gold Coast & Brisbane - Full Curriculum
University Studies Abroad Consortium participants University Studies Abroad Consortium participants

USAC AUSTRALIA: Gold Coast & Brisbane - Full Curriculum

Experience of a lifetime

There is nothing I recommend more to college students than to study abroad. For me, this was the experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't change it for the world. I studied abroad almost 3 years ago now and have thought about it every day since. The people I met abroad have become some of my closest friends and have supported me throughout the remainder of college and into my adult life.
Besides making unforgettable friends, going abroad forces you to become more open minded about other people's cultures, languages, and ways of life. Even though I studied in Australia, I got to meet people from Norway, Germany, Italy, Mexico, France, Sweden, and so many more places that opened my eyes to their lives and experiences.
Taking classes abroad helped to expand my learning with different teaching styles and methods. I was able to take the same courses as I would have in the U.S., but had the opportunity to learn in a different environment.
I loved my experience abroad and hope that all students get to have such an amazing opportunity as well. Whatever program, whatever country, for however long... JUST GO! It will be the experience of a lifetime.

The "Baby Step" Country!

My time in Gold Coast, Australia was surprising in so many ways; it seemed like life Down Under was surprisingly similar to life back home, which was both good and bad, but every day I would discover something that was so different from life in America. While I am happy I went and made lifelong memories and friends, I was a little disappointed at just how similar life in Oz really is. I was expecting cultural immersion and to learn all about a new country and culture, but the culture shock I did get was from realizing the slightly underwhelming familiarity of everything. If you're looking for a study abroad experience that is a "baby step" to travelling, then Australia is the place! But overall, the university and classes were great, I have amazing friends, and saw amazing things that I won't soon forget!

A semester in Australia

I was apprehensive to spend an entire semester abroad because I didn't want to miss out on social/academic/etc. events at my university. The semester I had was unlike anything I've ever been a part of before and surpassed any experience I could have had at my American college. I picked Australia because I wasn't advanced in any other language, so I didn't want there to be a language barrier. I traveled alone because there was not a program directly through my school. I lived in a beautiful apartment on the beach, met amazing friends from all around the world, and saw things I never thought I would. Australia was one of the best experiences of my life. I've been back for almost 5 months and I still think about it every day. The culture and mindset of Australians has shaped my outlook on life for the better. I can't say enough positive things about what the experience taught me and how eager I am to continue travelling the world!

Review for AUS life

Australian didn't speak proper English and they don't like other English countries as well.
They don't say "You're Welcome" in Australia. The program is good because they have 5-star hotels on the Gold Coast and it's a great opportunity to see amazing hotels and there are good opportunities afterward to go work there. However, it is very expensive.

Alright

USAC didn't really do much for us. I never got to meet all of the other students in the program. However, I loved Griffith! There are so many international students. It's great meeting so many people from all over the world.