Study Abroad in London at the University of Roehampton
University of Roehampton Header Image University of Roehampton Header Image

Study Abroad in London at the University of Roehampton

London life

My time here has been nothing short of incredible. Fellow students, the campus, the staff and the housing exceeded my expectations. This once in a lifetime opportunity has forever changed how I view the world and I'm so gratefulw. Ive got some great stories now with new, lifelong friends and I can't wait to share my experiences with my friends and family back home. The staff at Roehampton were so helpful and made it a very smooth transition when I arrived and were ready to answer any questions or help whenever I needed it.

Amazing experience

If I could study abroad for all four years of college, I would. Studying at roehampton has been a dream from the friendly staff to the accepting students, it is the best place to study abroad. I have made the best friends and have learned so much from my teachers as well as the people that I have been living with.

Campus in London

Roehampton provided a safe experience with an amazing campus extremely close to central London. I took Biological Science courses and the professors were very hands on and happy to help in any way possible. It was a tremendous way to experience a new culture and live in one of the coolest cities in the world!

Studied in London and never wanna leave

My time at Roehampton University was really a time of my life I know I will never forget. I met some of the most amazing life long friends here and experienced living in a huge city for first time in my life and I absolutely loved it. The campus feel was much different than what I'm use to back home at the huge university I go to, but I really loved the change. It was nice to have a completely new atmosphere of campus and feel of a new place. This study abroad experience will definitely never be forgotten!!

An amazing experiencee

Coming to the University of Roehampton to study abroad was one of the best decisions I've ever made! The study abroad staff at this uni was so helpful and welcoming. They always made sure to be available to assist the international students with any questions we had and really worked hard to make our transition here smooth and effortless. I also liked the fact that during orientation and even at our pre departure meeting we were informed about things at uni and what steps to take concerning things I hadn't even thought about, which made it easier to deal with the academics and even checking out. I'm really thankful for this experience and strongly recommend to anyone given the chance to study abroad to come to the Uni of Roehampton! You won't regret it!

Hands down best decision ever made

I would recommend anyone to come to Roehampton to study, because it is all around a great opportunity to take advantage of. I am so ecstatic that I had a chance to experience life in London with my new family. Members of staff, flat mates, and my new friends all made me feel welcomed and always had helpful information to keep me informed of things going on in London. Words cannot describe how much fun I have had and the many life lessons I have learned.

My time away

Coming to the university was a whole new different experience for me. It was my first time overseas and I didn't know what to expect or make of the whole situation, it was surreal. The university welcomed me with open arms and I made some great relationships with my flat mates since the first day. Among all the confusion of being in a new place and having new surroundings, I had multiple people along the way to help me. It has been one of the best experiences of my life and I would encourage anyone considering doing study abroad to come spend time at this great university!

Best study abroad experience I could wish for

Studying at the University of Roehampton for one semester has been an incredible experience. It's not just its closeness to the main attractions the city has to offer, but the people that have made this experience what it was. The Abroad team has been more than helpful, and I have always felt supported and secure (they are very nice and funny too). My classes were great: the teachers were expert in their areas and I feel that I have learnt a lot. To sum up, I would recommend it here to anyone interested in having a study abroad experience.

London love

This once in a lifetime experience is something I'll never forget. The friends I've made here are one that I know I'll have for the rest of my life. The study abroad staff made the transition to Roehampton smooth and were ready to help whenever I faced a problem or had a question. The academic experience was amazing and it had me thinking outside the standard university box and I'm thankful I was given this amazing opportunity.

Roehampton was the best experience I could have asked for

Studying abroad in London was an experience I was so excited for but I was also worried about being in such a big city at a completely new school environment. The University of Roehampton felt like home as soon as I stepped onto campus, you're in greater London with plenty of access to public transportation to get to central but a great suburban vibe. All of the students and professors were incredible, the many events provide so many opportunities to make connections with other students and the campus offers so many places to hang out and enjoy Roehampton itself. I will never forget my time here and would have loved to spend all 4 years here!

Roehampton: My home away from home

My experience at Roehampton has forever changed my life. I have met so many students from various backgrounds that have challenged me intellectually and I feel like I have grown into a new person. The courses here are challenging, but the professors are always willing to help. As a biology student, not many people in my major study abroad, but Roehampton had many courses for me to choose from. There is so much to get involved in on campus, and I never felt home sick. This program made sure I was comfortable enough to make my way around London, and helped me with every step along the way and I am considering coming to Roehapmton again for a masters degree. I have made friends here that will last me a life time. I am so glad I chose to study at this university, and I'm sad to go back home so soon. I was really beginning to hate uni back home, i felt so lost and uninspired to continue my education, but Roehampton set off a fire inside of me to never stop learning, never stop traveling, and never doubt your abilities. <3 Taylorann

Life changing

I came to London because I've always wanted to go but I as a person will never be the same. I've met so many amazing people here and have gotten so many opportunities. This is an amazing school and everyone should experience this place if they have a chance.

University of Roehampton

I had the most amazing time here. One of the best decisions of my life, I have been able to make a countless number of experiences, friends, and opportunities. I highly recommend that if anyone is interested in coming hear the definitely should!

Dance semester turned into 9 months

I originally came to Roehampton to study abroad for 3.5 months but after only being on the campus for a month I knew I wanted to extend my studies.
I was loving the dance program, classes, and dance tutors. I was loving the cultural immersion and the overall social experience of being apart of Roehampton University. Hence why I decided to extend my studies for the full academic year!

Wonderful Program

I had and great time at the university. Everyone was nice and willing to help, and the activities planned and offered by the university were great. I really enjoyed the classes I took and felt that the professors were knowledgeable and helpful. They were always willing to answer any questions and work with students that needed extra help or had extenuating circumstances.

Semester exchange

Wishing I completed my entire degree here! Although I've only been here for a semester, it has been the best 5 months of my life by far. The subjects were extremely interesting, the support from the study abroad office was consistent and always helpful and the community life in college was exceptional! I've learnt so much from being immersed in another culture through this university and made incredible friends for life. Would do it again if I had the chance!

Self exploration within abroad exploration

When I decided to study abroad, I was more nervous than excited. I had a good group of friends at home, and I had no idea if I'd be able to make new ones abroad easily. But since arriving at Roehampton, I have learned so much about myself and the world around me. I have traveled to multiple countries, met countless new and amazing friends, had unforgettable experiences, learned a lot about history, and eaten a lot of gelato. It took me a while to adjust, but I'm so glad that I came abroad to the University of a Roehampton. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything in the world. I would recommend studying abroad here (or anywhere, really) if given the opportunity. It will change you in ways you never expected, and teach you about how you interact with the world around you.

Great time abroad

I would 10/10 recommended studying abroad at Roehampton. It made a big difference being put in living styles with all type of students from all over so you weren't with just Americans all the time. Some of my best friends here are British, and living with them enhanced the friendship. We had a good variety of classes to choose from. Overall, I'd come back in a minute.

Amazing

It's definitely a once in a life time opportunity where you'll learn to be self-reliant and make a ton of new friends. The university's facilities are also great, and you'll always be able to find assistance when you are lost or confused.

Fun!

It was a once in a life time experience. I would recommend it to all as you will learn much more then what you class state. You will begin to understand and find a sense of adventure being thrown outside of your comfort zone and trying new things.

An Enchanting Campus

When coming to University of Roehampton, I was unaware of how it is not located in central London, however this is something I began to enjoy as the weeks passed. Walking through campus almost feels like the setting of a fairytale, the ponds, beautiful architecture, trees and hidden walkways contributed to this. As far as accommodation, we were given kitchen utensils and bedding upon arrival, which was nice to not have to think about details such as that after the long flight there. The campus is very good about fixing any issues within the on-campus living. A couple times the heat went off or there was no hot water, but I went online and filled out the maintenance form and the issue was quickly resolved within a day or two.

When we went to sign up for classes the process was very easy, and when the class I needed to take wasn't typically available to study abroad students I spoke with the Head of the Business Department and he was able to ensure I would be let into that class. Throughout the semester the classes are very manageable, it is a different style of learning (if you're from the US) more of a learn on your own. However, the professors are always available for any questions or to guide you in the right direction.

Overall, my experience at the University of Roehampton was a good one and I would recommend it to anyone.

Better Than My Expectations: Studying Abroad at Roehampton University

I studied abroad for a semester at Roehampton University, allowing me to live and study in London from January until June. I had a desire to travel to London ever since I was nine years old, so I took advantage of the opportunity ten years later by studying abroad, which meant leaving my home country for the first time to see if London was all I hoped it would be. My home university in the United States of America had a direct partnership with Roehampton, which made it very affordable for me to study there.
The university isn't in central London, which makes some people hesitant about studying there if they want to be in the central part of the city. However, I found Roehampton was the best of both worlds. It is only a short bus ride or train ride from the hustle and bustle of one of the biggest cities in Europe, and there are still plenty of city perks in the Roehampton area. There are also some wonderful advantages to Roehampton to being located in southwest London. London is far more than the central city, and I was able to see more of London by studying at Roehampton. I discovered there is far more to the city than the well-known bits. In addition, the campus has a slightly secluded, enchanting feel, with beautiful architecture, ponds and lakes, and wildlife. The university is also quite close to Richmond Park, a large park that often made me feel I had stepped into the countryside while still being in London.
The university's academics are wonderful, too. I studied English Literature and Creative Writing while there and had encouraging, intelligent lecturers who always pushed me to work harder and think differently. The classes I took at Roehampton are some of my favorite classes I took during my entire college career. Also, the student body is very diverse and welcoming. I not only met and made friends with British students, but also with students from all over Europe and other students studying abroad at Roehampton. I very quickly adjusted to life at Roehampton, felt like a part of a community, and had London at my fingertips every time I left campus.
Studying abroad at Roehampton was everything I was hoping for and so much more. It was one of the best experiences of my life, and I would highly recommend Roehampton University to other college students interested in studying abroad in the United Kingdom.

A semester abroad

It wasn't what I expected but I definitely enjoyed my time here on campus. The campus is large and there were always fun activities to planned for the students. We had a chance to be in a classroom with students from across America and the world as well as local students from London. Not only that, we were close to the city and able to explore and learn new things everyday.

Study abroad

Roehampton offered a unique once in a lifetime experience for my 1 year of studying abroad. Although my film course were more theoretical rather than practical, I learned a lot. Very friendly environment.

One in a lifetime experience

I can honestly say that if you have the chance to study in London do it. While Roehampton isn't the best it is in a great location and London is just an amazing city. What I love about London, other than the fact that most people speak English, is that it is a central transportation hub. I primarily wanted to travel and so many trains depart from London to all parts of the country, which makes it so easy to go anywhere.
When it comes to the program, I have to say it could have been better. I think my biggest problem was my accommodation. I got to chose and being cheap I went with the least expensive option. consequently I got a older building that is not good for socializing as well as getting stuck on the least social floor. Luckily I was able to meet other people, mostly other international students, so it wasn't like I was alone the whole time.
In all though I was able to do and go to a ton of amazing things and places that I probably would not have been able to do without doing this program.