Paid Teaching Jobs Throughout Thailand with TravelBud
Kids at school Kids at school

Paid Teaching Jobs Throughout Thailand with TravelBud

A bitter sweet journey

TravelBud has been the most supportive, warm and family like agency I have ever worked with. They gave such a personal touch to getting me ready with my Thailand experience and always gave attention to personal details when checking up by phone call or email, which made me feel like I wasn't just a number. Both the staff and founders have gone out of their way to make sure we were looked after, supported, happy and if not happy a plan was always made. I have to say a HUGE thank you to Saskia and Liam, you have been incredible.

However, my experience as a teacher and with my school was one of the books of "where not to go". This was not TravelBuds fault AT ALL and even though it was a terrible situation I pushed through and in the end I learnt more about myself and my strength, so for that I am grateful.

"What makes you cry now, will make you laugh later"

Abroad

There have been many steps and sometimes overwhelming moments from the time that I began my journey until the moment I am in now. With that said, there isn't a doubt that I am where I want to be. Travel Bud has made that happen. I have experienced the challenges of moving across the world, the constant process of relocation, the foreign members of society, the living environment, the students I teach, the people I meet, and the joy it has all brought me along the way. I am humbled everyday and constantly learning about myself and thankful that I am able to help others. Sometimes that might be on a very small scale, but it is something. Ultimately, life is simple here, stress is free, and joy is constant.

• Support Services

From Stellenbosch to Trang!

Writing a review about the best decision you have ever made while trying to not get overly excited and sound completely biased is a tough ask, but here is my attempt. The first step in making the decision was when I met with Peter from TravelBud in a coffee shop in Stellenbosch on a Saturday morning.

He was off the clock, it was weekend, but he took time out of his own personal life to meet up with me and chat about moving abroad. This was even when he knew I was not completely convinced about moving abroad and that I was in contact with other agencies on top of this uncertainty. He wanted to make sure I had all the information to be informed before leaving, even if I didn’t choose his agency TravelBud. An incredible gesture considering we live in a world where profit is the bottom-line.

His stories amazed me, they were exhilarating, frightening and hilarious all at once and from this point on all I could imagine was sitting down with my future kids and grandkids and telling them my own tales. I wanted similar experiences; I was completely sold on that day. His raw honesty and enthusiasm was enough to change this eternal skeptic.

To clear up any confusion you may have, TravelBud are essentially your agents before you get to the country of your choice. They help you with the paperwork and hassle of visas, booking flights and provide you with priceless information you need before you jet off. Once you get to your destination, you’re handed over to your agency in that country. That is the norm with every agency, but TravelBud continued to provide support and information, even going as far as to place an employee within our city for the duration of an entire month while we completed our TESOL. No other agent did that, not one, but TravelBud went the extra mile and ensured that we were eased into a new culture and had some form of a support structure as we adjusted to life in our new homelands. They checked in and kept an eye out during the nervy placement process. Furthermore, they organised a fantastic group dinner, study groups, TESOL support and a number of other awesome excursions for us during our free time, which helped with meeting more likeminded people and in the end, form friendships with people from all over the globe. These come in handy when you travel around and need a place to crash in either your own new home country or further abroad!

If you are in two minds, you need only speak to one of the amazing team members and hear about their priceless memories and experiences. I recommend TravelBud as your choice to lead you into your new life, they have the perfect balance of professionalism and fun/friendly/warm that you need, a mould you can use for your own approach as a teacher. Take the plunge, you really won't regret it.

Recovery in Thailand

I was very unhappy at hime , hating my job, my life, etc. Travelbud were the first point of contact to my new life and have been a reassuring presence throughout. Would highly recommend them. They have checked in with me regularly since I have been here, spoke to me on Skype when I was wortied I wouldn't be able to make the move work and have provided a solid foundation for my new life here. Very approachable and understanding staff.

Choose TravelBud!

From day one of contacting the team, to present day, where I am happily teaching in Thailand, TravelBud has been with me every step of the way. I have nothing but positive feedback about the program and would highly recommend anyone who is seeking to work or teach overseas in Thailand to go through TravelBud and here is why:

Contact and communication: The TravelBud team was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had and responded to e-mails within 24 hours without fail. They were willing to have phone conversations and even Skype sessions in order to make sure I felt fully comfortable with my decision to teach abroad in Thailand.

Knowledge: From questions about salary to culture to food, TravelBud had the answers. Therefore, instead of arriving in Thailand completely unaware of what to expect, I felt much more at ease with all the information TravelBud had equipped me with.

Continual and ongoing support: Throughout my preparation time, before my actual move to Thailand, a member of the TravelBud team would check in frequently to make sure I wasn't having any doubts and to remind me of deadlines coming up. The support did not stop there! After being in Thailand for almost a month now, the program still checks in with me to make sure I am settling in okay and I feel very confident and comfortable reaching out to them with any questions I may have,

With all that being said, I would definitely encourage others seeking to teach or work overseas to go through TravelBud! You will not be let down!

Just do it!

If you are reading this review, chances are you have been mulling over the idea of travelling to Thailand to become a teacher. I did the exact same thing two and a half months ago, from my desk at my job. That I hated. I wanted an opportunity to see the world and give back, starting with Thailand.

I type this from my new home in Sukhothai, Thailand. I came home from work today after spending the most fulfilling day with kids that melt my heart. It hasn't been completely smooth sailing, a few challenges have been thrown my way but there has never been a single moment of regret. Ever.

I went through TravelBud, after doing extensive research to validate that it isn't a scam (it isn't - I can vouch for it now). I am excited to wake up each day in a beautiful country, eat amazing food, communicate (or try to) with great people and teach little souls some English.

The transition to this country and finding my Thai-ness has been pretty easy, with the help of Travelbud and their partners. Your first month of training will be amazing, jam-packed with activities with new friends from around the world.

All I can tell you is - Just do it. You will regret the things in life that you didn't do. Take a leap of faith and venture into the unknown. It will be amazing!

My two months in Thailand

My experience in Thailand has been wonderful so far. It started in Hua Hin where we did the TEFL course. It was hard work but also so much fun. I loved so many like minded people from all over the world and making lifetime friendships. I will never forget my time in Hua Hin

My friends and I were placed in a Trang. A small "city" in the south of Thailand. I've only been here for a short while but I love it already. There are so many beautiful mountains all round and awesome secluded beaches not too far away. Trang has all the awesome sights other tourist places have minus the tourists, ensuring a proper Thai experience.

I love what I am doing and I love being in Thailand

2016 Tesol experience with Travelbud

Myself, my boyfriend and both our best friends embark on this amazing Journey. We left South-Africa the end of March and spent the month in Hua Hin for our TESOL course. It really was a action packed filled 4 weeks, first week was cultural orientation and the other 3 weeks was in class training, 120 hours, where they prepared us to be the best teachers and where we also got practical experience presenting our lessons to other class mates and got critical feedback and where we had to improve upon. We also got to teach two days at english camp for Thai kids and it was an awesome experience. I couldn't have ever been more prepared to be a good teacher. Before coming on this journey we didn't quite know what to expect but after the month, the people in our group where from right across the world, people in our group from all over the world who was strangers in the beginning and felt like family in the end was sad saying goodbye. This is an incredible experience and would recommend this coarse for anyone. Travelbud was amazing from start to finish helping and assisting us with this journey.

Finding myself

All in all this has to be the best experience in my life. I have met some of the most awesome people here and experienced the most amazing things from islands, to caves, to a country wide water fight!
teaching is also a great experience and everyone is super friendly and helpful. there are minor challenges I have faced but here there is ALWAYS some to assist somehow just smile and ask!

Escapade in Thailand

Travelbud has been helpful from the moment I first contacted them. This is obviously a big move and many questions brew up in a person's mind but Travelbud answered all of them as quickly as they could. No matter how stupid the questions. They were very patient and reassuring through out this whole process. They helped make this journey easier and comfortable by always offering their help and giving advice. I am now in Thailand, about to start teaching and enrich my life. Travelbud helped to get me here, I would like to thank them for all that they have done.

Journey of self-discovery

I really like this place. This is the best decision ever. Thai people are friendly. Ive never felt this at home away from home. For as long as you smile and you are willing they will always let you in.

• Support Services

The start to a new life full of blissful adventures

Where do I even start?
This experience has only brought me happiness and smiles so far.
Ive been here in Thailand for a month going on my second month, and I can honestly say that my soul is happy :)
The experiences Ive experienced is breath taking.
Words cannot describe what Thailand is about, the people you meet the stories you hear and the Pad Thai you eat! My best experience so far was the day at the beach.
It was a lovely day we were 7 scooters on the road. When we got to the beach I was speechless! It was so beautiful, we all swam to the islands and had a picnic with some random thai friends.
It was the best day!

Saffas in Asia!!

My experience here so far in Thailand has been some what absolutely incredible, I was definitely out of my comfort zone at first but that was broken within the first week. The laid back, chilled out vibe that Thai people give across is just amazing! It's been amazing working with Thai teachers and staff and the social life is amazing when wanting to make new friends and experience a thrilling new culture other than the normal culture we go by at home.

• Support Services

So nervous but so prepared

I can honestly say that this has been the scariest experience of my life. Moving abroad alone to teach when you have never taught before is not an easy thing. But never once did I not feel like I was completely looked after. TravelBud had my back every step of the way and every time I felt like I was getting lost, Travelbud was there to guide me. It has been the most incredible experience so far. Every day is a challenge but the best type of challenge. I cannot wait for the next 6 months (maybe more, probably more) months of my life here in Thailand.

Why am I in Thailand?

The question that I haven't quite found the answer to yet. Travelbud gave me the ability to catapult myself out of my cozy Jo'burg lifestyle into the unknown that is South East Asia. I was looking for a challenge, something fun but most importantly something that would make me grow in terms of my self awareness and understanding. So far Thailand has done exactly that. Thanks again to Travelbud for making the first step an easy one!

• Support Services

The best time for a new beginning

When I decided to teach abroad and found Travelbud, it was one of the best decisions I made in my life. For myself and a lot of my fellow group members it was a chance for a new beginning. I chose the teach in Vietnam program. I did my TESOL course in Thailand and made a lot of amazing people and very good friends. Even though I was the only one from my group who went to Vietnam, I never felt alone. The Travelbud staff made sure I knew what will happen and supported me with every step of the journey. When I arrived in Vietnam they checked in and made sure I am settled in and OK. Peter even met me in Ho Chi Minh City for a chat. I will recommend Travelbud to anyone who wants to teach abroad. They are very professional but still care about each of their participants. We always knew what was going on and was thoroughly prepared before the journey started. You can't go wrong with Travelbud!

Easy transition into Thai life

From the outset Travelbud have been very helpful with helping me make the move to come teach in Thailand. From the very first day I sent an inquiry, up to the day I started working (which was today) the staff at Travelbud have been very accommodating and available for questions and queries. Peter has made a huge effort to get to know us on a personal level and has been there to answer questions ranging from the best places to see in Thailand to how to go about your visa renewal.
Coming to a foreign country is scary, but Travelbud has made it so much easier.

Teaching abroad

It has been very difficult to adjust to Thai lifestyle, Thai timing and communication. But nonetheless I am very excited to to be here. I have been to my school and the other teachers are helpful and really caring. We have been placed in Phuket, exactly where we wanted!

Woah! What a shock!

The heat in Thailand is out of this world, what a hectic adjustment. The people though in Thailand are so loving and welcoming, well that's if you smile.

Get out there!

Getting on that flight to Asia, and not knowing what was ahead of me was extremely nerve wracking, however, looking back, I can quite easily say it was one of the better decisions I could have made, to come and teach abroad. I have pretty much settled in to my permanent placement in Trang, South Thailand, and cannot wait to make this place home, I already love it ! There are many obstacles and good times ahead, which will happen as they are meant to, but for now, I will just embrace the present, and let Thailand sloooowly consume me !!

Life-changing

I came across the website for TravelBud by accident. And am so thankful I did! I know people who came to teach in Thailand through other companies and it was not near as smooth for them as it was with me and going with TravelBud. Peter responded to emails promptly and answering all the seemingly silly questions I had! He had also taught in Thailand and was able to answer questions with first hand experience. it was also nice that he was in Hua Hin whip we were too. TravelBud cares about us and it showed!

Best time of my life

So far my experience preparing me to teach abroad in Thailand has been intimidating and challenging. However, it has also been the best experience I could have possibly imagined. It has helped me grow and already has been a rewarding experience.

While it is difficult to identify one specific occasion, the best part of my time here has been meeting a variety of new, yet like-minded people from all over the world. After spending a month together with my new friends they felt like family!

Best decision yet!

Travelbud Co has been absolutely amazing in assisting me with my move abroad, doing my TEFL/TESOL as well as helping me get placed at school. The staff have been incredibly helpful and friendly, and they've truly gone out of their way to make sure that I understood and felt comfortable with the entire process of moving to and teaching in Thailand. It was one of the best decisions to go through this process with them!

• Support Services

Best couple of years for a couple

My partner and I decided to head out to Thailand to teach English internationally. I had worked in the corporate world for some time and my partner was studying correspondence and was looking for something to do along side that. Teaching in Thailand was the perfect option, TravelBud and their awesome placement team found us a job teaching in a small village in the South of Thailand where we stayed for sometime, met wonderful people and even helped build a small river bungalow in the middle of the jungle. For anyone deciding to travel to see Thailand and South east Asia, teaching is a wonderful way to do that in a sustainable and affordable way.

Teacher Training in Thailand

I arrived in Thailand on the 23rd of September 2015 nervous, excited and beside myself. No amount of research and conversations with past travelers can prepare you for the gem that is Thailand. This country has taken my breath away and to now have the opportunity to teach here is an absolute thrill. The people, places, culture and language are all so enlightening to be around and witness. In months before my departure my agency TravelBud has been offered amazing assistance in getting me prepared and keeping me informed. All things from funding, what to pack, how to address the locals was explained to me thoroughly. My visa application had minimal problems and so did my travel details. The level of support from you guys has been so pivotal in getting me excited to come to Thailand to teach simply because I was kept in the loop for all things concerning my trip. I also do appreciate the team keeping in touch and checking in to see how I'm doing. Overall I've had a great service experience from TravelBud and more so I've received a great support system that I know will continue well within my time here in Thailand.